(ret) SoR useful in ICC?

Hi guys, first off, I read the FAQ, but I've got this trial who's got me doubting what I thought to be true, and I can't quite find my answer in it.

Basically from what I learned from reading online etc, 1) glyph of SoV = 10 expertise = more dps, because you don't need to get so much from your gear; 2) SoR = PVP, SoC = cleave/burst/trash.

Now he's basically saying that he wants to get the expertise cap with gear, to then glyph of SoR for burst damage. I disagree, implying that he'll lose out in terms of BiS and SoC is fine, if you need cleaving (Deathwhisper) or just stay in SoV (saurfang), and that SoR just sounds like it'll do less damage.

What do you think? Has anyone tested this seal properly?

Re: (ret) SoR useful in ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    Basically from what I learned from reading online etc, 1) glyph of SoV = 10 expertise = more dps, because you don't need to get so much from your gear; 2) SoR = PVP, SoC = cleave/burst/trash.
    Pretty much. You're going to be using SoV/Cor primarily on every boss fight, possibly swapping to SoCom for adds etc. (LDW,Anub).

For PvP your pretty much going for glyph'd SoR, but sometimes Ret's go for SoV or SoC depending on their comp/playstyle.

SoC is _the_ cleave/trash seal.

People did discuss glyping and using SoR for putricide for the adds, but really it is pointless and almost all discussion ends up with SoR being tossed aside. Just look up ret's on world of logs and see for yourself what seal they are using.

The only times I can think of SoR being useful (and not even sure of this yet) would be on deathwhisper before the adds are in place (ten seconds? if that) or the adds on Putricide, I'm talking non glyphed however. I usually just stay in SoC if there's not enough time to ramp up the stacks on the boss/target.

i've done extensive tests on sor in icc and i can guarantee you it isnt worth it. i either use sov or socomm depending on the boss. the only time i seal swap is sindragosa air phase to command to burst the blocks down a bit faster + not put any dot but rv on them so they dont break early.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Actually SoR is useful in a fight like putricide for add managing (as ret you need to have a moderate hitting but burst like seal to manage them green/orange thingys of boom)

in ICC gear level SoComm does more damage on single targets than SoR

don't SoR in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    Actually SoR is useful in a fight like putricide for add managing (as ret you need to have a moderate hitting but burst like seal to manage them green/orange thingys of boom)
    I disagree, SoC can crit (seal and judge) while SoR can't. With raid buffs, you should have relatively high crit rate, and the crit dmg will result in more dps overall imo.

Use SoR for pvp i guess

Ok thanks guys, didn't sound right, although he says he has theorycrafting stuff to back it up :P we'll see

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    Ok thanks guys, didn't sound right, although he says he has theorycrafting stuff to back it up :P we'll see
    you dont need theory crafting when SoC seal crit 50-70% of time and with SoR Judgement not giving enough to compensate for what you lose with the seal