Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Vashj'ir: Surviving the Depths

Vashj'ir: Surviving the Depths
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The Sunken City
    Vashj'ir is a level 78-82 zone in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm where players will be called to explore the depths of the Great Sea and stop the naga from seizing immeasurable power from the realm of Neptulon the Tidehunter. This expansive underwater zone will feature an unprecedented fight for survival against the naga overwhelming the area, several new quest hubs -- including Alliance and Horde naval ships and submarines -- all-new underwater travel and combat mechanics, several pocketed undersea caves free from water's grip, two new five-player dungeons (Throne of the Tides and Abyssal Maw), and the first-ever opportunity to explore the remains of the once-majestic city of Vashj'ir!

Bottled Distress Message Found Adrift at Sea
    Need your help. Time is short. I'm held captive in what I hope to be a nightmare.

Enjoying the ocean air just days ago. We were determined to control key trade routes through victory at sea over the Horde. Their fleet came into our scopes. Our world became the deafening sound of battle, the smell of gunpowder, and the feeling of fear. Looking back now, though, that wasn't real fear.

We weren't alone in those waters. Our naval warfare attracted attention and rendered us prey. With our vessel already torn apart and taking on water, we saw a tremendous creature rise from the depths and shatter the hull, sucking us down to the sea floor. It all happened so fast. I was quick to tread the waters, hoping to regroup with any survivors I could find through a dense garden of kelp, constantly gasping for a chance breath. That's when the onslaught began. From all directions swarms of brutal naga swept through and captured a great many of us. Beaten near to death, I awoke in agony, bound in chains.

And here I still sit. I can only describe our prison as very big and somehow very much alive. We're in the hands of the naga now. Surviving crewmates in better condition than me are driven into slave labor.

One escaped. Thomas. He didn't make it far before I saw him dragged back. Before being forced into labor, he spoke in a panic about some large shell protecting this living prison, expansive night elf ruins in the distance, strange naga rituals underway, and sea vrykul battling our captors. He made little sense. Could be mad. Or I could be mad to hope vrykul are fighting to free us.

Prison patrols out again. Send word to Stormwind. Sunken city far from extinct. Naga plotting something horrific. Please help.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-07-04 at 08:27 PM.

Re: Vashj'ir: Surviving the Depths

Nice underwater zone

Are those bottom 3 screenshots? Ifso t hat looks great !

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

I bet this preview is to keep people busy from QQing about mount in the shop

Damn you blizzard stop tempting me to knock myself out for a few months!!!

Awesome ;D

This is where I'm gonna go instead of Hyjal! No more mountains for me. (until my alt gets to 78)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Um, AWSOME!!!!!

Please don't tell me we have to swim everywhere... WTB Aspect of the Fish

I have been dreaming of an underwater zone since I started playing this game.

Finally.

I honestly feel I will love this expansion.

The screenshots look stunning.

Great, more shiny fish scales, fish oils, and clams. Just what i need to clutter up my bags.

Amazing

Looks awesome, I can't wait! 8)

15+ Year Old Account

YES! This is epic win.

Need expansion now.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix
    I bet this preview is to keep people busy from QQing about mount in the shop
    Lol that's probably true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    Are those bottom 3 screenshots? Ifso t hat looks great !
    Think the third pic is aswell!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by WildEther
    Great, more shiny fish scales, fish oils, and clams. Just what i need to clutter up my bags.
    The grand truth of it all, lol.
    fap

Wow this looks great. New "Underwater combat mechanics" and Sea Vrykul too. I bet we'll have some sort of super increased speed or mount that we can still use all our abilities on. Or maybe we'll develop gills with something like Deathbringer's Will. hahah

underwater giant whale raid dungeon? =o
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

WTB Celestial Walrus under sea mount