Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did Blizzard forget what FoL is supposed to be?

FoL Historically: Small, Fast, Efficient
    HL Historically: large, Fast, Inefficient

vs. Other healers

Med,Fast, Inefficient
    +
    Large, Slow, Efficient

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Did Blizzard forget what FoL is supposed to be?

In case you haven't noticed, they are making 3 types of heals for every class now (bar Druids I suppose).
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

SFE is OP in Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    In case you haven't noticed, they are making 3 types of heals for every class now (bar Druids I suppose).
    Yup, boring homogenization.

15+ Year Old Account

Druids have the same set-up.

No one cares how things were supposed to be years ago. Things change, the only problem is people who have a hard time accepting changes in their heads. It's like if they would change the meaning from red and green in traffic. Those who can adopt will survive, the others will end up as roadpizza, natural selection.

small, fast, inefficient
    medium, medium, medium
    big, slow, efficient

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    small, fast, inefficient
    medium, medium, medium
    big, slow, efficient
    More like

small, fast, inefficient
    medium, medium, efficient
    big, slow, very efficient

pretty sure the biggest heal is supposed to be inefficient as well, otherwise we'll just end up with every1 spamming the big heal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun
    pretty sure the biggest heal is supposed to be inefficient as well, otherwise we'll just end up with every1 spamming the big heal again.
    No, it's not. Efficient = more heal per point of mana, it doesn't mean it's cheap so you can spam it. Expect to stop a lot of casts at around 80% casttime when healing the tank.

15+ Year Old Account

No, it's not. Efficient = more heal per point of mana, it doesn't mean it's cheap so you can spam it. Expect to stop a lot of casts at around 80% casttime when healing the tank.

Yep. The big heal is efficient, but unfavored due to the cast time behind it.

I just hope with all this talk about Beacon + FoL that we will using it more often. I personally loathe the spell as is, but that is subject to change come Cata. Cjeska put it best.

Those who can adopt will survive, the others will end up as roadpizza dps, natural selection.
    Although if they decide to go with higher mana cost instead, that changes things a bit. Blizzard seems to have this odd obsession to take everything we know about our class, turn it upside down, and shake.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

With all these changes, I forgot what paladins were pre-bacon and sacred shield. Seriously, I don't know how I survived with only FoL/Shock/HL. FoL isn't supposed to be HL-status and we've basically been told to use HL most of the time in hardmodes.

Sorry if I don't make sense, exausted...
    Lok'tar Ogar!

medium fast inefficient
    medium medium efficient
    big medium inefficient

I believe is what they are aiming for, 2 'oh shit' heals, one for tank and one for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Yep. The big heal is efficient, but unfavored due to the cast time behind it.
    Unfavored because you can spam unefficient heals without risking getting oom, which will not be the case in cata. Unfavored because the heals are often too big in comparison to health, which always results in overheal, which will also be different in cata. Right now you can heal a dps from 1% to full with one crit. Casting time is ONLY an issue because everybody else spamms small heals to have the raid topped off at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle
    With all these changes, I forgot what paladins were pre-bacon and sacred shield. Seriously, I don't know how I survived with only FoL/Shock/HL. FoL isn't supposed to be HL-status and we've basically been told to use HL most of the time in hardmodes.

Well Paladins in Vanilla were piss poor healers and were used mainly as buff bots and in TBC they were mana chain potting HL Tank spammers, beacon opened up a lot for Hpalas really.

Druids are fine and have the same set up as the rest of the classes.

As for the OP, what Blizzard DID and what Blizzard is GOING TO DO are two different things. They even stated in the preview that Paladins were designed backwards and they're changing that.

Conclusion; Homogenization sucks. Enjoy having 4 classes that all are the exact same minus very minor flavor differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle

Don't forget in bc holy shock healed for less and had a 20yard range. So we really had Fol and HL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400

As for the OP, what Blizzard DID and what Blizzard is GOING TO DO are two different things. They even stated in the preview that Paladins were designed backwards and they're changing that.

Conclusion; Homogenization sucks. Enjoy having 4 classes that all are the exact same minus very minor flavor differences.
    It's either sort of do a Homogenization and allow things to be more balanced and allow them to create better content based around what they know the classes can do.......or have some completely unbalanced things that ruin the experiance for everyone.......

give me Homogenizaton

Fuck homogenization.

If you want to be a raid healer, you play a class with raid heals. If you want to be a tank healer, you play a paladin. And the reverse is true too. If you play a shaman or druid, you're expected to heal the raid. If you play a paladin, you're expected to tank heal.

I'm sick and tired of pallys bitching they aren't suited to heal the raid. You don't have to do. Do your job and shut up. Worry about your 2 targets while the other healers have to deal with everyone else. If that's not fun or boring for you, go play another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400

FoL used to be a really useful heal until they, you know, WotLK'd it, or rather WotLK'd Holy Light.

I just don't see how paladins are going to be useful considering the following proposed changes:
    BoL only working with FoL (or whatever the hell they are changing. I know it can't stay in its current form, because the current Beacon is unbalanceable.)
    FoL being inefficient (thus making it unspammable, and nullifying its BoL synergy or whatever)
    The new paladin heal gained after 80 likely not being equivalent HPS to CH, CoH, WG, or PoH

But that isn't what makes me upset, I'm upset because they are breaking a perfectly fine Paladin paladin toolkit because Bacon was a stupid idea from the beginning and they have too much pride to remove it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)