Haste vs Spellpower question

Just a question that im curious about, but i with Abracadaver have 860 haste and 3122 spellpower with buffs. But my DPS seems a little lower, but seems a little higher when i have a scourgelords baton and frostneedle equipped giving me 3168 spellpower and 778 haste.

I mean i would think 860 haste would be pretty brutal, unless im just getting a bit unlucky with my procs perhaps.

Its just weird because id think that little less spellpower wouldnt be totally made up for by 860 haste. What do you guys think, i can link my caster if you need to take a peek at him.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Haste vs Spellpower question

are you perhaps a hunter using strength gems?
    BfA Beta Time

I see an anecdote and an opinion, where's the question?

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I can tell you that 860 haste is pretty brutal... Just not in the good way.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Savatage79
    Just a question that im curious about, but i with Abracadaver have 860 haste and 3122 spellpower with buffs. But my DPS seems a little lower, but seems a little higher when i have a scourgelords baton and frostneedle equipped giving me 3168 spellpower and 778 haste.

I mean i would think 860 haste would be pretty brutal, unless im just getting a bit unlucky with my procs perhaps.

Its just weird because id think that little less spellpower wouldnt be totally made up for by 860 haste. What do you guys think, i can link my caster if you need to take a peek at him.
    While haste is important, its not as important as crit or spell power. That said;

Hit > sp > crit > haste

So stack spell power, don't gem for haste unless it matches up with a proper gem. 600-700 haste is a good standing point for a mage, unless you use frostfire.. then you're screwed.

def use frost needle and baton over abra esp if all that hit doesnt kill you.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhaxor
    While haste is important, its not as important as crit or spell power. That said;

Hit > sp > crit > haste

So stack spell power, don't gem for haste unless it matches up with a proper gem. 600-700 haste is a good standing point for a mage, unless you use frostfire.. then you're screwed.
    So wrong. In every way. about everything. Please read the sticky.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Arcane with ICC gear usually has 1 haste rating better than 1 sp (And after ~3.3k ub SP, check rawr if it's already better for you, 1 haste>1.1sp so 12 sp 10haste gem becomes better to red sockets that pure SP) so it's (Hit)>Haste>SP>Crit>Int/Spirit/etc. Don't ask for exact values as they change each time you get new gear.
    While haste is always an important stat, it's value doesn't drop if it's low (Unless it drops so low that you start missing 12% haste buff from 1 AB) so it's worth to sacrifice small amount of haste for large amount of other stats.

With fire it's (Hit)>Crit>Haste>SP>Spirit>Int (With my current gear, with low SP amounts it might be SP>crit>haste>...). While both 1 crit and 1 haste rating are better than 1 SP, they are both bit more expensive (Pure SP gem gives 23sp while pure crit only 20) and you are going to need very good gear before 12SP 10Crit is better than 23sp (Around 3.3k SP unbuffed aswell, but you won't gain any from talents so it's harder to get).

http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php check upgrades with this or download it from http://rawr.codeplex.com/ Fast answers and no trollin', unlike at forums when asking for gear upgrades.

Link your caster so we can take a look man , its better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhaxor
    While haste is important, its not as important as crit or spell power.(FOR FIRE) That said;

Hit > sp > crit > haste (
    Fixt?

Heres my mage: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rigg&cn=Taliic

I mean i dont gem for haste, there may be a little haste from a reckless or so but most of it is just off my gear. That staff is what puts me to 860 if i equip it on top of having the Woven death legs.

Let me put it this way, in many raids i lay out some high dps so im not like complaining about my DPS one bit. Im doing just fine in that deparment, its just i noticed it wasnt as explosive with the higher haste, and shade lower spellpower. I just thought 860 haste would of been pretty explosive, but maybe like i said i just got unlucky a few times and didnt get enchant procs to go off altogether.

But in anycase, like i said ive the frostneedle and scourgelords baton as my other weapon combo. FrostNeedle is also equipped with Black Magic.

I'm not sure where people get this idea that there is some magical (punlol) threshold of haste that will skyrocket their DPS if they sustain it, regardless of spellpower/crit/hit losses. Your DPS 'seems' higher and 'seems' lower? Open up a rawr or simcraft and have a look for some actual numbers. Save the armoury link for the Rate my Mage thread.

You got a very good mage there

And the last poster is right there is no magical number hast-wise , in the end it falls on how much haste you are willing to go with , i like about 900 haste , that gives me about 1.8 Ablast cast 1.6 during t10 2pc bonus , not counting raid buffs. Im very confortable with that.

I personally was using nibelung latelly and had about 775 haste , then i did a test , put my char on rawr and ran an optimize.... Had to change about 9 gems , but in the end i lost maybe 30sp and got about 100 haste in return it really was a good change.

If i were u i would focus in haste a little , or maybe do the test that i did with your char , put it on rawr and test optimize.

Here's my mage so u can take a look.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashi&cn=Krysak