Plee to any Priest likely to get a Beta invite

i'm not

i'm also not a great player of note and i take my Qs from my betters and try and do my best like a great many others i would assume . . .

anyway the point of the post: please if you are one of the lucky ones or brainy ones or "faces" could you try and get them to ensure the top half of Disc is still a decently interesting place for for (PvE) Shadow Priests to spend some talent points.

thats it.

thank you.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Plee to any Priest likely to get a Beta invite

beta people arent there to help tweak the game or its options. they are there to test it. we dont just post and say 'top of tree sucks, fix plz' and they go and do that. blizzard is good at what they do, they wont screw it up.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

talent tree feedback is a pretty legit topic for a beta tester i thought.

(for example there were a certain number of DK beta testers in the wrath beta that were greatly responsible for how the class eventually turned out and they are commemorated in an in game book)

i just have this horrible feeling that PvE SP spec is gonna end up being 0/0/76.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

15+ Year Old Account

1. i dont think blizzard is even doing alpha yet for friends and family

2. see above statement and hold all thoughts until info is actually released
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    1. i dont think blizzard is even doing alpha yet for friends and family
    I'm pretty sure they are in Alpha, but after the way the WoTLK Alpha was leaked all over the Internet, they may not have went the same way this time and made it an internal/partner Alpha only.

With regards to the OP. Your giving far too much credit to people who Beta about the changes that can be influenced in the game, and far too little to the Devs on what the information they get.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    beta people arent there to help tweak the game or its options. they are there to test it. we dont just post and say 'top of tree sucks, fix plz' and they go and do that. blizzard is good at what they do, they wont screw it up.
    They do. Gamebreaking mechanic got fixed partly from reports by betatesters. Boring and broken/useless mechanic got the same treatment. Of course, beta testers aint there to help design the game, which is the OP's 'plee'

people want in on the beta to play it first. not a test process, it's like the PTR, you get to see it all first.

I really wouldn't worry too much about the talents at this point. Basically, they're not done yet! And if we're to believe the powers-that-be, the beta starts this month. Maybe even next week. That's what all the news posts is all about, after all - getting beta players up to speed on what is going on.

Both Shadowpriests and holypriests will get largely revamped trees; as most of our talentpoints are simple +throughput options. Some of them are interesting ways of applying throughput (pain and suffering, test of faith). Others are in need of work (serendipity, shadow weaving). And a few will be removed as they are just passive bonuses.

I expect shadowpriests to be redesigned somewhat around their form, dots and orbs. Just how is still up in the air, but Blizzard usually comes up with fun ideas.

But I see where you are coming from. The hymns we were served in WoTLK were atrocious. Hymn of Hope was a net mana loss to cast, and Divine Hymn was all about trading 8 seconds and two major downsides for a minor benefit that you could apply just as well without the spell itself, all wrapped in the longest most complicated chain of legalese ever presented on a tooltip. A good metric for when something is wrong with the priest is when a subject get more complaints than the state of the lightwell, and Divine Hymn was it.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I did the WOTLK beta back when my main was my druid; it was on the forums over and over again that there was no PvP utility for Boomkin to be played in arena. They never did fix that. We had numbers, spreadsheets, examples, video's from tested situations. Their only goal for balance was to make it raid viable. While they did put in a few things for the PvP aspect of it, none of those things actually made balance competitive. They were just novelty for fun things, like typhoons knockback, and owl kin frenzy. While those things are nice, eclipse + the lack of interrupt/silence made balance what it is today. Since you must use eclipse to = dps of another class who does not need to use a stupid RNG proc to have the same dps balance is NG at any competitive bracket of arena.

Of course I tested a DK, and everybody complained when dk's first came out in the beta and the DK beta forums complained over and over again how they did not match up to other dps classes, they turned out to be too powerful. So much so they had constant nerfs and changes to balance them.

If I have learned anything is that blizzard has their own "ideas" on how each class should be and what they should and should not be able to do. They have goals that are higher priority and they do not care if certain aspects of a spec/class do not function in aspects of the game (like PvP). They get around to what they want, when they want. If you do not like a class, do not try and change it. Deal with what they do or Reroll to one that functions better.

Now I play a Disc priest and Pally. If they go through with this retarded Eclipse meter I will still not be going back to my Balance druid in cata.

You can have numbers and everything else to prove what you say about a class and blizzard is still gunna do what they gunna do. Who can blame them though, it is their game.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

10+ Year Old Account

Tbh I'm praying for another Beta. I got in on WotLK previously. I promise I will do lots of write ups if I get in.

/crosses fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    I'm pretty sure they are in Alpha, but after the way the WoTLK Alpha was leaked all over the Internet, they may not have went the same way this time and made it an internal/partner Alpha only.

With regards to the OP. Your giving far too much credit to people who Beta about the changes that can be influenced in the game, and far too little to the Devs on what the information they get.
    Can't find it now but I'm fairly certain I read somewhere they aren't doing an Alpha for Cataclysm and are just going on developer testing.

So Beta should be a blast!

Edit: Of course what i read could be all conjecture and heresy so don't take my word as gold.
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes