Thread: FM Etiquette

FM Etiquette

I don't know about you but whenever im in a pug raid or watever people don't know who to FM, they often ask for people to set make a FM rotation, to streamline the process of getting FM out i propose everyone folllow a simple FM rule, that is simply FM in aphabetical order. For example you have A, F and S in raid then A will FM F and F will FM S and S will FM A. If everyone followed this simple rule we would never have too whisper people with FM assignment in pugs again and it would make life a little easier.

Re: FM Etiquette

Or you just FM the player in the raid that would benefit most from the buff.

(This is NEVER an arcane mage btw)

10+ Year Old Account

Your a mage, other mages have FM too, just swap FM's between the mages, no need to give any other class as we will all get the same outta it.
    Be a mage and give it to the other mage ! ;D

No. Just no...

I am an arcane mage... I have virtually no use for crits. I don't want your FM, Especially not if there is a moonkin, warlock, shadowpriest or elemental shaman in the group. Basically any other caster in the game. Of all the casters in the game I think Arcane mages benefit the least from FM.

"Be a mage and give it to the other mage" - lol

I say, be a team player and up the overall DPS as much as you can. Think about it. Our spells doesn't even do 200% damage on crits. If you are dead bent on FMing a mage, make sure its a FFB-mage. He actually gets a bit of use out of the buff.

omg the amount of times ive been in a pug 25 or 10 raid, and the mage is putting FM on other mages or puts it on a healer.... im a damn crit chicken, and you dont give it me..

also dont try to bullshit your way out of it, giving an answer "your aura and FM dont stack nub" == fail

also dont give it to tree's in a raid, we hot more then anything and unless were rocking 4pc t9 (and i still dont know if hot crit ticks proc FM) our regrowth ticks, rejuv ticks, WG ticks, Lifebloom ticks wont give you your damn proc.
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Draeneiia
    No. Just no...

I am an arcane mage... I have virtually no use for crits. I don't want your FM, Especially not if there is a moonkin, warlock, shadowpriest or elemental shaman in the group. Basically any other caster in the game. Of all the casters in the game I think Arcane mages benefit the least from FM.

"Be a mage and give it to the other mage" - lol

I say, be a team player and up the overall DPS as much as you can. Think about it. Our spells doesn't even do 200% damage on crits. If you are dead bent on FMing a mage, make sure its a FFB-mage. He actually gets a bit of use out of the buff.

i'm posting before dire locks this thread for the flame fest it will turn into.

i will post in all caps to ensure a lock and to highlight what you need to do if you want to discuss this:

PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF ONE CLASS BENEFITING MORE FROM IT THAN ANOTHER ALONG WITH PROOF THAT GIVING IT TO SAID CLASS IS A HIGHER RAID BENEFIT, OR DON'T POST OR START THESE THREADS. CURRENTLY, MAGES ROTATE FM AMONGST THEMSELVES, THAT'S HOW IT IS. DERPADERPADERPADERPA.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle

i will post in all caps to ensure a lock and to highlight what you need to do if you want to discuss this:

PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF ONE CLASS BENEFITING MORE FROM IT THAN ANOTHER ALONG WITH PROOF THAT GIVING IT TO SAID CLASS IS A HIGHER RAID BENEFIT, OR DON'T POST OR START THESE THREADS. CURRENTLY, MAGES ROTATE FM AMONGST THEMSELVES, THAT'S HOW IT IS. DERPADERPADERPADERPA.
    Thank you Swizzle for lowering the bar for the discussion here... Why wait and see if it WILL become a flamefest when you can make it into one immediately?

Anyways, if this thread isn't locked within the next 30 minutes Ill go gather the information for you guys so you don't have to strain your brains with thinking about it yourselves.

Oh, and I love your argument "MAGES ROTATE FM AMONGST THEMSELVES, THAT'S HOW IT IS". You tell me to post "evidence" and you yourself use this as an argument... ...why do I even bother...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zérenty
    Your a mage, other mages have FM too, just swap FM's between the mages, no need to give any other class as we will all get the same outta it.
    Be a mage and give it to the other mage ! ;D
    Since most mages are arcane it's a waste to put it on an arcane mage. The raid benefits more from having it on classes that actually benefits more from crit then arcane mages.

Actually the only mage I would consider putting FM to boost the raid is a fire mage.

So to put it your way: Be a team player and put it on the player that benefits the most(which is NOT another arcane mage).

A) frankly this seems like a banworthy post to me
    but
    B) Here's some evidence. You don't even get 200% crits. Other classes do. TADAA. Twice as good on them even before doing the calc that various other classes benefit from crit more than you.

give it to whoever the fuck you want to
    besides the people who beg for it
    I bought a Celestial Steed.

Anyhow. Here are some facts.

A fire mage with ignite do about 280% more damage on his crits.
    A FFB mage do about 318% more damage on his crits.
    When a shaman crits, he gives elemental oath to the whole raid. thats 5% more crit for everyone.
    Holy paladins get infusion of light. (1,5 second faster FOL or 20% higher critchance on HL) and Illumination, (30% mana refund on every crit)

An arcane mage does about 180% more damage on his crits. (if we are talking about glyphed arcane missiles, otherwise its even lower.)

Now would be a good time to take back your misinformed, (downright stupid) comment of "THAT'S HOW IT IS" and never ever question one of my posts ever again. Actually, if all you do is run around trying to get threads locked then I feel inclined to tell you to never ever post at all again.

When a shaman crits, he gives elemental oath to the whole raid. thats 5% more crit for everyone.
    Not a fact anymore, Elemental Oath is an aura now.

A fire mage with ignite do about 280% more damage on his crits.
    A FFB mage do about 318% more damage on his crits.
    Holy paladins get infusion of light. (1,5 second faster FOL or 20% higher critchance on HL) and Illumination, (30% mana refund on every crit)

An arcane mage does about 180% more damage on his crits. (if we are talking about glyphed arcane missiles, otherwise its even lower.)

Now would be a good time to take back your misinformed, (downright stupid) comment of "THAT'S HOW IT IS" and never ever question one of my posts ever again. Actually, if all you do is run around trying to get threads locked then I feel inclined to tell you to never ever post at all again.
    I'm not actually the expert on Elemental, but since LvB is guaranteed to crit giving FM to an Ele shaman would have done nothing to improve his/her uptime on Elemental Oath before 3.3.3, now it does nothing because Elemental oath is now a passive raidbuff. As such I believe a Boomkin or several other specs would be better than an elemental shaman. Giving FM to a shaman will most likely result in more crit return to the mage than giving it to another arcane mage though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Beside trolls here , i can see lot of brainless ppl.

Acording to them focus magic on a arcane mage is a waste . Well if you think that way , you are a waste for this site . If you are not a mage , just f**k off with your ideeas.

And to answer the op , i fm whoever i want in a pug , i dont care who BENEFITS THE MOTS , f**k off with your team s**t and start thinking .

Im the only mage in my 25 man raids hm and i ALWAYS fm a shadow priest , just because im mage and i can fm whoever i want! TROLLLLSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

My way of fm is this :
    1. MAGE - i dont care if its arcane , fire or frost
    2. Shadow priest , warlock, elemental shaman
    3. Holy paladin

** and no , I DO NOT ROTATE ALL OF THEM IN RAIDS, i chose only 1 .

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi
    Beside trolls here , i can see lot of brainless ppl.

Acording to them focus magic on a arcane mage is a waste . Well if you think that way , you are a waste for this site . If you are not a mage , just f**k off with your ideeas.

And to answer the op , i fm whoever i want in a pug , i dont care who BENEFITS THE MOTS , f**k off with your team s**t and start thinking .

Im the only mage in my 25 man raids hm and i ALWAYS fm a shadow priest , just because im mage and i can fm whoever i want! TROLLLLSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

My way of fm is this :
    1. MAGE - i dont care if its arcane , fire or frost
    2. Shadow priest , warlock, elemental shaman
    3. Holy paladin
    I enjoy how you berate people for saying it's better used on other classes (which is not the same as saying it's completely wasted on an arcane mage) and then go on to say "OMG I DON'T CARE ABOUT HELPING MYSELF BY BENEFITING THE RAID THE MOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Yea, clearly your opinion is one to be taken seriously. Thanks for your well thought out post with such constructive insight :
    I don't mind you not wanting to benefit the raid, I don't have to raid with you. But don't go trying to spread your little disease.

Yeah, the elemental oath --> aura is a miss on my part. But I still withhold that FMing an arcane mage is worse then FMing pretty much anybody else.

I can see 2 FM specced fire mages buffing each other being pretty decent. But saying arcane mages need/want crit is just too dumb to not be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by maladorian
    omg the amount of times ive been in a pug 25 or 10 raid, and the mage is putting FM on other mages or puts it on a healer.... im a damn crit chicken, and you dont give it me..
    crit chicken... using that term would make one think you know everybody who got just a few icc items will have crit soft cap (lunar eclipse) therefore FM on moonkins is kinda wasted, more than on a arcane mage I think.

If anyone is getting more than others I'd have to say it enhancement shamans, when they spell crit they gain 9% melee crit.
    I don't get this game

So could we get some non troll here and tell us the best way to use FM in a way? I would like to know since my mage is alt and I am not as experinced as some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

But saying arcane mages need/want crit is just too dumb to not be corrected.
    'Hey Mr Arcane mage, do you want 3% crit or no buff?'
    'Durr no buff please'

Don't be so blunt and generalizing. Of course arcane mages need and want crit, it's a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    So could we get some non troll here and tell us the best way to use FM in a way? I would like to know since my mage is alt and I am not as experinced as some.
    Edit:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t42876-a...8/#post1583350

T9 gear sets, T10 mechanics, a moonkin will be a bit further up the list in 4T10.

15+ Year Old Account

^^^^

What he said.