Making Tiny abominaton in a jar work for DKs

i had the trinket for about 3 days and did a lot of testing on my DW frost DK.

about me: i do about 12k on Saurafang and rotface with WFS and the Herkuml war token trinkets in my 5800 gs with t 10 4piece set. i have about 800 armor pen and i'm trying to get up to 900. my obliterates can crit up to 16000

i dropped and downgraded some of my gear when i got TAinJ to achieve the spell hit cap of 290. im currently sitting at 316 hit with TAinJ equipped

after testing it in 25 and 10 man icc, i have to say this trinket is a huge disappointment for both frost DW specs.

after every boss encounter, the trinket was only doing about 1.8-2.1% of my total damage. this was for bosses that were stationary fights such as marrowgwar, blood queen , fester, rot, and DBS.

this trinket works best for stationary fights and dpsing single targets. i didn't equip TAinJ for boss encounters that required excessive movement or dealing with multiple adds.

i compared the damage recount from the trinket with both specs.... 15/56/0 and 0/53/18.....

the trinket's manifest anger crits based on your melee crit. i'm at 38% melee crit with my TAinJ and WFS trinkets....i can confirm that the manifest anger procs were 40% of the time critting at an average of 1900 damage with my 15/56/0 spec. highest crit was about 2900. average hit is around 800. lowest hit was 300.

when i tried the 0/53/18 spec with my the Herkulm war token trinket and TAinJ, i would get less crits, but more procs bc of the haste , BCB, and necrosis. it would still put out roughly the same damage of 1.8%- 2.1% of my total dps....

QQ

i have tried switching stats (gems and armor) around, sometimes stacking on haste, armpen and even crit... the frequency and amount of damage from swings would differ but i still got the same numbers of 1.8% to 2.1% of my total dps....

my weapons are decent (264 blood venom blade and 251 frost giant axe), but even if i replaced my frost giant axe, i don't expect to see a huge increase in damage .... but im going to be hopeful and hope blood venom drops next week so i can really see the potential in the trinket.

if i can get up to at least 3% of my total damage with this trinket, i will be somewhat HAPPY.

i have tried to make this trinket work but i just can't figure it out.....mainly cause the information out there on DK's with this trinket is so limited and not enough DK's are reporting what they are observing from data.

so if you have important information about this trinket as a frost DK, share it....so we can figure out how to increase the effectiveness of this trinket.

as a frost dk, the motes are gained very fast.... i can get 7 motes within a second so there are some dk abilities that are proc'in the motes. my buff bar would show the mote at 1 mote and then it would jump to 7 motes. without even showing the 2,3,4,5,6 mote. so im starting to speculate there are dk procs that proc the mote. either that or i'm just hitting really fast.

its already known that paladins, rouges and enhancement shamans are gonna say its not a DK trinket. booger off! i'm not really interested in your comments,i've seen them all and they all say the same thing.

i'm interested in the experiences of other DK's with this trinket mostly.

i know the tool tip says melee attacks can only proc motes, but why is it that im getting motes so fast? im getting 7 procs before i even do 1 attack or special ability. THIS is telling me that im gaining motes from DK procs (killing machine, rime, possibly bonus set piece proc, ashen band proc).

are you guys experiencing the same thing? if this is true, then we willwant more motes to proc from KM and rime.... so for specs 0/53/18, i'm going to go with 5/5 in killing machine talent and 2/5 black ice instead of 4/5 km and 3/4 black ice....the more dk procs we get, the faster TAinJ motes are gained.

Re: Making Tiny abominaton in a jar work for DKs

As much as I hate to say it, you're searching for a white elephant. I have the jar, and I still use it but only as a means to maintain the hitcap. I'm using Bloodvenom and heroic Frost Giant's Cleaver when I'm dw frost and no matter what changes I make to gear, spec or whatever, the proc still averages 1.8-2.5 of my overall damage done on the typical tank-n-spank boss fight. The 2.5 is stretching it. I've only seen it that high on one occasion, and I think that was just a fluke. The norm is 2%. For DKs, the trinket is a wash. now, IF they would change the proc and allow it to crit, then MAYBE we'd have something worth dropping dkp on, but until that blue moon, best to find your hit rating elsewhere and spend your points on a better trinket.

It's generally well known that it isn't a good dk trinket, you should have done more research before you took it over the specs that get more dps out of it. Read this thread for more information on why it is not good for dks.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by shirty
    its already known that paladins, rouges and enhancement shamans are gonna say its not a DK trinket. booger off! i'm not really interested in your comments,i've seen them all and they all say the same thing.
    You should listen to them because they are correct.

Don't feel too bad about TAiaJ. One of the best possible mage trinket Reign of the Dead (or living for Alliance I think) only accounts for about 2-2.5% of my dmg on a boss fight with the non heroic version. This is probably a good range for a trinket of this nature, as you don't want it doing too much of your overall damage.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

dont think its designed to do 12% of your total damage. just be happy u got ur hands on it, and be even happier u got your hands on even better trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680
    Don't feel too bad about TAiaJ. One of the best possible mage trinket Reign of the Dead (or living for Alliance I think) only accounts for about 2-2.5% of my dmg on a boss fight with the non heroic version. This is probably a good range for a trinket of this nature, as you don't want it doing too much of your overall damage.

ur not taking into account the spell power it gives you so im sayin it would be around 4 or 5 % of ur total dmg

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49
    ur not taking into account the spell power it gives you so im sayin it would be around 4 or 5 % of ur total dmg
    Well based on that same thing, he's gaining 85 hit with TAiaJ, and hit is valued just as much as sp/str etc. so he's gaining the same thing. I was just referring to the effect on the trinkets themselves only accounting for 2.5% or so of our dmg, which seems to be where it should be.

you're coming to a conclusion about something that is already known. you have WFS and HWT , rejoice in that fact.

the trinket is only half decent if you can use the hit. but from what you have said you are "downgrading" gear to try and actually use the hit, even then it puts you well over hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty

as a frost dk, the motes are gained very fast.... i can get 7 motes within a second
    erroneous on both counts! no but seriously, 7 motes in a second! does this happen alot? and you do about 12kdps on saurfang you say, got any numbers with taij yet?

i dnno man i think all the math and effort ur trying to do to make this trinket worth it is just a lost cause. call it a day and use your other trinkets.

And this is why you want to pass it to a ret paladin.

Not saying the OP did anything wrong, but let this be a lesson to others who may be eyeing the trinket.