10+ Year Old Account

Most needed in dungeons, but in raids?

Hello! So, me and my friend decided to level, a priest and pally. My pally is prot, he is holy. I thought I might want to dual spec, so if me and him usually do raids or dungeons together. Then if I choose a second spec, should it be holy or ret? If they don't need a tank, or I want to do some random things, what would be better? To be the two most needed things, or to be a DPS or tank for raiding mostly is the question. Ty for reading/responding!
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Re: Most needed in dungeons, but in raids?

I would go retri, but that's just me. The best answer I can give is to play what you think is most fun :P

It's really up to the guild you will find. Retribution provides nice buffs and dps for the raid, but I bet none would turn down a good holy paladin.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, my main's a rogue, so i do melee DPS already, and it's bleh, maybe I should pick up holy *shrugs*
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

10+ Year Old Account

Im holy/prot. I never have any problem at all getting into raids as a tank or healers. Just make sure you can do both we'll before you end up getting a ton of gear for it. Holy paladins are a bit different then other healers. Were a support system

Play what you have fun with. I used to be Holy/Ret, now I'm Ret/Holy.

That made sense in my head.

Belf. Again.

Logistics say your off-spec should be Ret. If your raid doesn't need you as Prot, they aren't going to have you swap to Holy w/o making one of the other healers spec dps.
    Raids need a set amount of tanks and healers, if you aren't needed as a tank, odds are either your raid was lacking a healer in the first place or you won't be needed as a healer at all.

15+ Year Old Account

Most established guilds have dedicated Tanks and Healers for raiding. They invest time and gear in them to get them where they want to be. With this being said outside of raiding they welcome healers and tanks while most dps classes only stay dps or switch to an alt to develop when not raiding.

Choose the spec you like the best and gear it. Gear quality usually defines your spot in a raid. Offspec gear for your other spec you also like will come.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Raids will recruit you for one role usually and on a couple fights where they don't need as many healers or tanks they will want more dps. But for dungeons, cant go wrong with holy/prot.