Deleted

10 stats vs 10mp5 (Resto Shaman)

Previously I used 10mp5 on the basis that if it let me trade a haste/mp5 piece for a crit/haste piece keeping my regen OK, it would be the better enchant. But ive seen more and more top-end resto shamans using 10stats.

10 stats gives you roughly:
    10/11 stamina (small surviving boost, but there)
    12 int = 180 mana, 1.8 mp5 with replen and 43 extra mana per tide totem.
    0.7% crit
    2sp

Not sure if the stats are right but the healing benefits of 10 stats seem quite small, and the extra regen from 10mp5 seems greater but stacking Mana Tides closes the gap. So what is better? Assuming you're not blindly stacking mp5 and actually manage mana a bit to not go oom.

Re: 10 stats vs 10mp5 (Resto Shaman)

very small difference anyway

take 10 stats if you want to gear your char in a balanced way or when ur decently or better geared
    take 10mp5 when ur just 80, in very bad gear or have rly big probs with regen

If you end fights in ICC with more than 5% mana, then get 10 stats. If not, get 10 mp5. In a typical 5 minute fight, that 10 mp5 will only give you 600 mana.

my opinion, dont take my word for fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Deleted

I've been looking at the armouries of Paragon's and Ensidia's Resto Shamans and most run with great gear but very low Mp5. Yet the extra mp5 10mp5 gives obviously doesn't beat out 10 stats for them. Or maybe they just have so much mana/crit/regen coordinating that it doesn't really matter?