In extremis Asia's 1st Heroic LK25 kill ? :D

When a guild from US or EU downed a top boss for the first time there , they got allot of attention .. didnt matter if it was 2nd or 10th in the world.
    How come Asia doesn't get the same privilege :P

Was browsing wowprogress earlier and saw they got world 4th Korean realm. And though it was strange that it wasn't acknowledged.

I am not starting anything.. just saying :.

Inb4 "newb any other kill after world 1st doesnt matter" or in the same context , just remember that US or EU still got the front news even tho "it doesn't matter" and not with a really
    really small font.

Anyway , grats to them
    Le: Added "EU" also as example so people wont think i have something against US

Re: In extremis Asia's 1st Heroic LK25 kill ? :D

It has already been posted

Doing Photoshop requests.

Deleted

i actually dont know... its around 20000 km from europe.. and maybe cuz wow is developed in the "west"

cus nobody cares, MMO usualy post world first of US and EU, becus thats were MOST of its users come from.

15+ Year Old Account

Asian firsts don't get the press because they don't have the fan boy mania that the big EU guilds have, at least in this community. An Asian guild could get the World First kill on something and people would still talk about a world 3rd or 4th by a big name Euro guild over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantimirlol
    It has already been posted
    I might be wrong , but honestly i didn't saw it . For me its dated today , Apr 16, 2010 14:10

As a whole, I believe we as a people are suprised that it took asians this long.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-eu-first-kills/team-evolution-lk-25-hard-korea-first!/msg2506770/?boardseen#new

Find it kinda wierd that their GM has the kill and realm first but it isn't his guild that killed it.

Doing Photoshop requests.

Not that any kills after For the Horde's actually involved much actually "skill".

"Skill" in this context refers to the fact that these guilds (including Ensidia) will/have just copy the strat that Paragon released. So half the battle has already been fought for them.

It's a bit like if you were dropped on d day and as you stumble onto the beach some dude is standing there with a brochure describing exactly where the enemy is going to shoot and where they are located to be killed. The only "skill" involved is getting 24 other people to not fuck up.

Ever wondered why your local news paper spend several pages telling you about the plane crash in Poland?
    Ever wondered why the front page is about a page 3 half-page story about the quality of the mathematical education in the major cities in your own country?
    I mean, it's the same news paper. Why doesn't the heaviest story make the front pages? Why are the front pages usually covered in stuff from your own country? Why do some "news" papers keep listing the 20 richest women in your area when there's been a double homicide in the middle of a shopping street somewhere in the UK?

Because the local news touches you. If your kid eats food with bad date and some kids from her school get sick, do you really care about the flooding in some east-asian country more than about what's happening at your daughter's school?

Why do you never read anything about South America in Europe, unless USA has direct interests there? (Well, it could be that European news agencies have a very low number of journalists there. I hardly think you'll need more than one hand to count them all.)

(This whole post is an analogy)

Deleted

I don't remember seeing world 2nd and 3rd kill for lich king heroic being posted on the front page.

Though I remember MMO posting news about a player from Taiwan get maximum achievement points available in WoW, and I believe Taiwan lies in Asia.

If an asian guild had the world first on lich king heroic 25 man, I bet that it would be posted on the front page.

15+ Year Old Account

Mahtamori and Korbaal speak the truth. Remember when STARS got the world first yogg +0 kill? That was all over the front page.

If you feel that there should be more coverage of Asian firsts or something of the sort, please feel free to post in the suggestion forums:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/suggestions-and-feedback/