Poll: What spec should I level as?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Leveling

Leveling

I stopped playing on my paly at lv 35 to play a priest i have the heirlooms for Ret and Holy, what spec would be fastest to get to 80?
    (If possible I would like to keep my professions up to skill with my level, JC Mining) Thanks, ;D

Re: Leveling

Ret, if questing. Holy if using LFG the whole way.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Ya i have been ret but on my priest ive noticed in the LFG if i Q as heals ill still have around a 4m wait time and have heals and 3 dps just waiting on tank :S

Ret is really good if you are doing a lot of quests. Since your gear will keep updating, you will be a powerhouse all the way up. If you have an active Art of War proc (instant exorcism) you can often kill mobs before they reach you It's fun
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Prot.
    I recently leveled my prot pally and you can pretty much solo any instance without a healer or dps until 60-80

Just keep pulling, if they ask for mana just say "too bad".

Deleted

I've done this twice so far now (before faction change was available). I found ret all the way to 80 works very well - maybe the fastest and smoothest levelling I've ever done actually.

However, I also went prot from 40 on one toon and that worked out well. It was especially useful in Northrend since my uptime was very high against trash and when people needed a tank for lower level normal dungeons or groups, I was always available. It worked out to be only a little slower this way than pure ret.

I don't think I'd ever go holy pally to level - though I've heard its definitely doable - without a group/partner.

Leveling through dungeons as prot is probably the fastest way to level up but be prepared to hate the humanity and have a kitten nearby to kick and relieve stress.

ya instancing to 80 is very frustrating as i heal on my priest and have an 80 of almost every class i try to give people advice on what to do but many either ignore it which im ok with really or take it as an insult and leave or /nerdrage : /

I'd say at least 50 probably 60 as prot, because without Crusader Strike and Divine Storm ret just BLOWS. Sure you have plenty of tools to not die but you have almost nothing to use to kill, 8 second judgement cooldown until lvl 50? God just remembering that makes me want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    I'd say at least 50 probably 60 as prot, because without Crusader Strike and Divine Storm ret just BLOWS. Sure you have plenty of tools to not die but you have almost nothing to use to kill, 8 second judgement cooldown until lvl 50? God just remembering that makes me want to cry.
    It's not as bad now as it used to be, with the new Seal of Command and low level mounts. Get on your mount, run in a circle, round up a few mobs and nuke them all down at the same time. Ret is also very good in dungeons for the same reason. Might be boring, sure, but it's slightly less boring than before.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Ret is a awesome fast leveling specc on your own by questing but rather boring these days, will be more interesting with cs at lvl 1.

Prot is the funniest and really fast specc if you just run instances all the way to 80, just because of the big need for tanks.

Hmmm Holy ..... really boring and totally punishing to level. I have real scary nightmares from the time I had to level my Paladin as Holy from 59 to 70 back in the bc days
    Just going to heal in instances isnt soooo fast to level. You are just a few minutes faster as dps.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

Ok well i closed the polls and decided to go prot to around ~60ish then change to ret thanks for all the replies guys