10+ Year Old Account

Trinket DPS Question

Hey guys,

totally undecided about this so I thought that I would ask some people 'in the know'.

Here is my current set up http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Wogster

I am MM spec and have (pretty much) the softcap of ArP - I have 719 hence why I have agi gems also until DBW finally drops for me and I roll over a 3 :-[

My aim is to get DV and DBW then with a couple of pieces of armor in my stash and my agi gems made to arp gems, I can get 1200 arp.

My question is, would I gain more dps with Herkumi War Token trinket if I replace the Needle trinket? Which gives the best dps for me when they are both procced.

I know the HWT trinket aint awsome but I have seen a lot of high end hunters using them. Also this is NOT all about improving my GS as I hate that damn bloody thing.

IMO, if a hunter is going to have HWT, it would be best for SV spev over MM but what are your opinions?

Cheers
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Re: Trinket DPS Question

BiS trinkets are WFS and DBW.

Nes is decent until you you go for 100% arp, when you go for the hardcap you want to drop it for WFS or herkuml war token. Also herkuml war token is slightly better then darkmooncard 60 dps for me on the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad
    BiS trinkets are WFS and DBW.

Nes is decent until you you go for 100% arp, when you go for the hardcap you want to drop it for WFS or herkuml war token. Also herkuml war token is slightly better then darkmooncard 60 dps for me on the spreadsheet.
    No... DC hc ver is way more better

Quote Originally Posted by Gréw
    No... DC hc ver is way more better
    He means the heroic WFS

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldnt bother with the haste trinket but dont quote me on that.
    On another note you need glyph of serpent sting, if your ping is less than 100 (i think the number is) then replace killshot if its averaging more than that replace chimera shot.

10+ Year Old Account

well i thought about serpent glyph but i renew the duration with chimera anyway so seems a bit of a waste.

Ive just been to icc10 (yet another failed pug after saurfang) and i won WFS so Ive equipped that, kept greatness trinket then in 6 frosts time, I can get HWT.

Ofc, DV and DBW superseeds both these trinkets - but for now, I need to get all my agi gems and change them to arp...

will give me over 900 though so it's 'ok'
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

as MM serpent sting glyph is NOT about the duration by itself.

Longer serpent means more damage to serpent, which means your chimera takes MORE damage from serpent.
    Chimera damage does change if your sting becomes longer (glyph) or stronger (talents), hence the glyph and the improved stings talents are mandatory for your main shot chimera.

Off topic from the trinket discussion but you should really spec into getting Silencing Shot as its a free shot off the gcd. It can be macroed into nearly all your shots and get free dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunter
    Off topic from the trinket discussion but you should really spec into getting Silencing Shot as its a free shot off the gcd. It can be macroed into nearly all your shots and get free dps.

One problem with the Underlined statement. Silencing only does damage to things that are not immune to it. Bosses for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlagen

One problem with the Underlined statement. Silencing only does damage to things that are not immune to it. Bosses for example.
    False. Silencing Shot's "Immune" message pops up because bosses will be immune to the silence effect itself. It always does damage. Check your logs, recount, anything, it will always do damage unless it missed. Silencing Shot is worth over 1% of your dps, which is good for 1 talent point.

As for the token trinket, don't get it if you still need other upgrades from badges (any pieces of tier worth using, the cape, gloves if you roll that way, or even the belt). It's an upgrade from DMC but honestly not by that much (maybe 50, and that's with haste being overvalued on the spreadsheet).

well i thought about serpent glyph but i renew the duration with chimera anyway so seems a bit of a waste.
    a bit off topic; but also very misinformed... everyone knows you would refresh serpent before the unglyphed duration would expire so why glyph it?

You glyph it because the 40% increased duration is also a 40% increase in damage, and since chimera shot gives you bonus damage equal to 40% of the TOTAL damage of serpent sting, no matter how much time is left on it.

extra serpent damage = extra chimera damage