Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Can't play WoW since Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi
    Yeah I dont DC anymore when I log in with the WoW.exe - but then the downloader starts and tracker is once again not responding.

I tried to move the Blizzard Entertainment folder to a different location, but now it suggests me to re-install WoW because the patch cannot be added or something, when I log in throught the WoW.exe.
    Yeah, the files in your WoW folder rely on that Blizzard Entertainment folder to be where it is. Was that under Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment by chance?

Also, you might have a file in your WoW folder called something like WoW-3.0.1.8874-to-3.2.0.xxxx-deDE-downloader.exe (replace the xxxx in there with whatever build it's updating to). It will probably be in the WoW folder or that Blizzard Entertainment folder. Try running that as admin, since that's the actual patch downloader.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Yeah, the files in your WoW folder rely on that Blizzard Entertainment folder to be where it is. Was that under Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment by chance?
    Nope, under C:\Users\Public\Documents...

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Also, you might have a file in your WoW folder called something like WoW-3.0.1.8874-to-3.2.0.xxxx-deDE-downloader.exe (replace the xxxx in there with whatever build it's updating to). It will probably be in the WoW folder or that Blizzard Entertainment folder. Try running that as admin, since that's the actual patch downloader.
    There's a file with a WoW icon in the Blizzard Entertainment folder called WoW-installer-2.x.x.x-to-3.0.1.8874-x86-Win-deDE, is this the right one?

15+ Year Old Account

According to your screentshot, you're already patched up to 3.0.1, so that one's a bit older. There should be a similar file, but referring to updating from 3.0.1 to 3.2.0 somewhere. The alternative to all of this would be to use a patch mirror (like wowwiki.com's patch mirror), but that wouldn't resolve future patches.

Deleted

Do I need to download every single patch ever released and install it manually? If yes, in what order? Dont want to make something wrong. ><

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi
    Do I need to download every single patch ever released and install it manually? If yes, in what order? Don't want to make something wrong. ><
    The game won't let you install in any wrong order, if you try to skip a patch or something it will tell you that's not the right patch.
    About the downloading patches, what patch do you have your game in? If you don't know, Right-Clique the WoW icon inside the game folder and go to Proprieties (i think, mine is not in english and neither is yours lol, it should be the last thing on the drop-down menu) and then go to the Details tab, and there should be something saying File Version.

Anyway, i got a little confused after reading all the posts but from the initial post i would say it's the same "problem" i have and the only thing i do is i go to the WoW folder and do Right Mouse Clique on the Launcher.exe and do Run as Administrator and it's fixed. Some times it downloads the patches without me doing this because it asks for permission when it gets to 10%, but usualy after it finishes and tries to patch the game it gives me that error, in that case i go to the WoW folder and Right Clique the patch file (example: WoW-3.3.3.11685-to-3.3.3.11723-enGB-patch.exe) and Run as Administrator.

By what i've seen, i think you've done all of this (unless you've done something wrong....) since Cilraaz already said these things, he just said how to do them in a different way.

btw, i also don't have it installed in Program Files or anything like that, i have it on it's own HDD

P.S. i just deleted like 10 lines of text of explaining how to try and fix it because i realised you don't even have a Blizzard Updater file on your WoW folder..... which you should

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4
    The game won't let you install in any wrong order, if you try to skip a patch or something it will tell you that's not the right patch.
    About the downloading patches, what patch do you have your game in? If you don't know, Right-Clique the WoW icon inside the game folder and go to Proprieties (i think, mine is not in english and neither is yours lol, it should be the last thing on the drop-down menu) and then go to the Details tab, and there should be something saying File Version.
    3.0.1.8874 - the version you get after installing WotLK. No patch added so far.

Anyway, i got a little confused after reading all the posts but from the initial post i would say it's the same "problem" i have and the only thing i do is i go to the WoW folder and do Right Mouse Clique on the Launcher.exe and do Run as Administrator and it's fixed. Some times it downloads the patches without me doing this because it asks for permission when it gets to 10%, but usualy after it finishes and tries to patch the game it gives me that error, in that case i go to the WoW folder and Right Clique the patch file (example: WoW-3.3.3.11685-to-3.3.3.11723-enGB-patch.exe) and Run as Administrator.

By what i've seen, i think you've done all of this (unless you've done something wrong....) since Cilraaz already said these things, he just said how to do them in a different way.

btw, i also don't have it installed in Program Files or anything like that, i have it on it's own HDD
    I'll re-try this later when I have more time.

P.S. i just deleted like 10 lines of text of explaining how to try and fix it because i realised you don't even have a Blizzard Updater file on your WoW folder..... which you should
    Like I said, I completly re-installed WoW and all expansions. Dunno where the Blizzard Updater.exe is. :/

10+ Year Old Account

Ok, lets try and fix that then, with 3.0.1 you better install all the patches, it should fix it self by doing that.

First of, and just to be sure everything is ok, go to the WoW folder and do Right-Clique "Run as Administrator" on the Repair and do the "Check Files" button (if you don't mind the settings getting reseted or anything like that you can do the "Reset and Check Files" button, since you said you just installed this shouldn't be a problem).

After it checks everything, you could try the other stuff we told you or just skip to my next step.

If you can't download patches with the game it self (or the launcher, etc..), go to http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors and download all the patches, which are:

3.x.x → 3.2.0 Complete Patch (~1.2-1.6 GiB)
    3.2.0 → 3.3.0 Incremental Patch (~550-700 MiB)
    3.3.0 → 3.3.0a Incremental Patch (~5-8 MiB)
    3.3.0a → 3.3.2 Incremental Patch (~160-180 MiB)
    3.3.2 → 3.3.3 Incremental Patch (~119-176 MiB)
    3.3.3 → 3.3.3a Incremental Patch (~5 MiB)

Look for those, i copy pasted the titles, so they should be exactly the same.

I personally would download them all to save time but if you want you can just download one by one in that order and each time you install one the game (if it got fixed) should try to download the next one, if it does download it, well, it's fixed and it will do the rest of the patches on it's own basically.

Now on the install... after you download a patch, go to the file and do the Right-Clique "Run as Administrator" on it, it should install it without any problems.

Btw, when you go to download the patches, for each one you have a ton of websites from where you can download them, just try them out, i don't really know if one is better or anything like that. And don't forget to go for the one for your Client language (if you don't know your client language you can see it when you do the repair, on the screen where you clique the "Check Files", in the middle there should be the version and language.

Hope this helps and you can get to your gaming soon

maybe you tried already but I didn't see it in the thread -- try turning off Peer-to-Peer downloading in the blizz downloader. Your patches will just download via HTTP instead. I get like 100kbps throughput usually instead of like 1.1mbps that p2p can deliver, but sometimes I have issues with the P2P method too (I blame Comcast!). Yes, ISP's have been known to block, disable, and/or gimp P2P traffic.

Deleted

Patched it manually and it's fully working now, other solutions didnt help so I've to live with it. However, thanks to everyone who tried to help me! I'm very grateful.

10+ Year Old Account

Np m8, i'm happy you can do some playing now

Have you checked if the right portals are open in the firewall. ( or just shut the firewall off and check it out) it can also be that your router has some portals shut that shouldnt be shut.

Do you have more than one PC? Does this problem occur on the second PC?

Even though the second PC may not be a viable machine to play on, just being able to launch the game and log in would tell you a lot of information. That is if you have one available. If this is not possible do you have a friend or someone with a laptop that can perform a similar test? This could rule out internet/service provider issues versus PC hardware issues.
    - KIRSCHE

Cound not launch WoW with new Win7 Machine

A new whiz-bang Win7 pro machine seemed to be running fine on internet. Downloaded WoW client OK, goes through password and Authenticator and indicates "Success" but then shows the "tuesday morning" system unavailable screen. Spend days and tried all the listed remedies - firewall, virus checker, admin running, reloading client,etc. but nothing worked until I reconfigured the internet adapter with a fixed IP (along with new DHCP server addresses). Walla!

Maybe had a 'bad' DHCP server addressing issue? Dunno, but runs wonderfully now.