Suggestions to Blizzard for A New Cataclysm Spell for Resto Druids

I've been looking at the MMOChampion and such and (unfortunately) have found out that Resto druids will not be getting any new spells, but instead tweaks to their current spells.

As much QQ as this may or may not sound, we resto druids are VERY jealous at every other class/spec getting brand new shiny weapons (spells) and us druids are just getting changes on our current ones.

With the Cataclysm previews out, I can say that resto druids in particular will be lacking some utility for Arena. As they do already in 5's. Resto druids aren't particularly amazing at 5's and mandatory (somewhat) like Shamans for their heroism.

As Mages will get a passive heroism/bloodlust-like spell, and priest will be getting Life Grip (lolgrip), and Deathknights will have some sweet new and more literal version of the mages Counterspell etc. etc. Druids will be stuck with just tweaked out spells when in (Cooldown-ed) Tree of Life.

Instead (if I may) suggest some of these spells that will get resto druids in the competition of utility.

To not make this wall of text somewhat boring, I will add some names to these spells.

Mend Soul: This spell allows for the druid to Mend you or your targets soul as he or you take damage and reduce it by 50% if below 30%, and by 25% if above 50%. This spell last 6 seconds.

Moonlight Tranquility: Reduce damage input of a target by 50% while dividing it throughout nearby party or raid members

Blooming Seed: Grants the player under this spell 10% damage reduction while gaining 40% HP back from damage dealt from last 6 seconds, 1 minute cooldown.

••Example: Death Knight hits you for 4000 with Scourge Strike. You have 400 of that damage reduced in addition to gaining 1600 HP back••

Nature's Reserve: The druid reserves 15% of all heals casted on him up to a total of 7000. The druid can cast his Reserve even if silenced at the cost of no mana. 3 minute cooldown.

Cyclone of Protection: The druid engulfs a helpful cyclone on a friendly target negating all incoming damage while healing the target by 25%. Last 6 seconds. 45 Cooldown.

That is the end of my constructive suggestions. Please Blizzard, us resto druids would like a shiny new weapon(spell) to brandish around.

Re: Suggestions to Blizzard for A New Cataclysm Spell for Resto Druids

I also like the idea of having a targetable barkskin, maybe as a deep resto talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdres
    I also like the idea of having a targetable barkskin, maybe as a deep resto talent.
    In a sense that's that idea behind Mend Soul.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leáflol

Cyclone of Protection: The druid engulfs a helpful cyclone on a friendly target negating all incoming damage while healing the target by 25%. Last 6 seconds. 45 Cooldown.

While you're at it, give rogues an attack that does 40 million damage, has 0 CD and is off GCD.

Deleted

Moonlight Tranquility[/b]: Reduce damage input of a target by 50% while dividing it throughout nearby party or raid members
    Targeted Divine Sacrifice?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i would take your post serious if it wasnt for

I can say that resto druids in particular will be lacking some utility for Arena
    if they dont get changed, they'll be overpowered. with our arms warrior / unholy comp, nor our rogue / unholy comp, we can kill a resto druid. not due lack of skills, but due lack of a 10 second stun that dispells hots.

hope the abilities u currently have get somewhat modified so ur less hot hot hot and more hot hot cast. ofc you do deserve a cool new spell, but i find that to be abit more worthy of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Targeted Divine Sacrifice?
    Forgot to add the cooldown part. But yes, essentially it will make druids more versatile than just 'omfg cast tehh cyclones'

Nature's Reserve: The druid reserves 15% of all heals casted on him up to a total of 7000. The druid can cast his Reserve even if silenced at the cost of no mana. 3 minute cooldown.
    I really like that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    i would take your post serious if it wasnt for

if they dont get changed, they'll be overpowered. with our arms warrior / unholy comp, nor our rogue / unholy comp, we can kill a resto druid. not due lack of skills, but due lack of a 10 second stun that dispells hots.

hope the abilities u currently have get somewhat modified so ur less hot hot hot and more hot hot cast. ofc you do deserve a cool new spell, but i find that to be abit more worthy of change.
    Particularly I said 5's. They are fine in 2's and 3's. You don't see many resto druids succeed in 5's simply because they don't have the utility. They more prefer disc priest or resto shamans for their obvious usefulness in utility. PS and BL/Hero.

I can safely say that will NOT be behind in arena, as they are already doing "ok", but in Cata, we will be able to heal at 100% of their capacities while being in "normal" form, and so being able to do more offencif spells that would normally required changing form.

( And the tree of life on CD gives us a way to heal though big bursts )

So no new spells needed, sorry

*yawn*

As much QQ as this may or may not sound, we resto druids are VERY jealous at every other class/spec getting brand new shiny weapons (spells) and us druids are just getting changes on our current ones.
    You mean you are very jealous at every other class for getting brand new shiny spells.

Please, stop acting like you're talking for everyone here. Some of us are actually excited for what we're getting, as little as we know so far.

People are jealous of life grip?

*boggle*
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Blizzard doesn't read these forums for suggestions.
    If you got suggestions for blizzard, you might want to use the blizzard forums ?

I've been looking at the MMOChampion and such and (unfortunately) have found out that Resto druids will not be getting any new spells, but instead tweaks to their current spells.

With the Cataclysm previews out, I can say that resto druids in particular will be lacking some utility for Arena. As they do already in 5's. Resto druids aren't particularly amazing at 5's and mandatory (somewhat) like Shamans for their heroism.

As Mages will get a passive heroism/bloodlust-like spell, and priest will be getting Life Grip (lolgrip), and Deathknights will have some sweet new and more literal version of the mages Counterspell etc. etc. Druids will be stuck with just tweaked out spells when in (Cooldown-ed) Tree of Life.

Instead (if I may) suggest some of these spells that will get resto druids in the competition of utility.

To not make this wall of text somewhat boring, I will add some names to these spells.

Mend Soul: This spell allows for the druid to Mend you or your targets soul as he or you take damage and reduce it by 50% if below 30%, and by 25% if above 50%. This spell last 6 seconds.

Moonlight Tranquility: Reduce damage input of a target by 50% while dividing it throughout nearby party or raid members

Blooming Seed: Grants the player under this spell 10% damage reduction while gaining 40% HP back from damage dealt from last 6 seconds, 1 minute cooldown.

••Example: Death Knight hits you for 4000 with Scourge Strike. You have 400 of that damage reduced in addition to gaining 1600 HP back••

That is the end of my constructive suggestions. Please Blizzard, us resto druids would like a shiny new weapon(spell) to brandish around.
    Some of those sound pretty cool. I was upset at first over the not getting anything new but if you look closer its not that bad, my favorite part is tranquility is no longer party bound