Shaman new to arena, could use some help!

Hey. I've recently begun doing arena. I've got decent gear (Rel/wrathful gear).
    I play as Elemental (And have tryed out Resto aswell), and I would like some general arena tips and such.

First of all, as Elemental, what's a good partner to play with? I've played with a boomkin, a ret paly and a lock, gotten to around 1.3k with all three (And played with other classes aswell). I would ofcourse like to climb much higher, but I've troubles getting past that 1.3k line.

So I'm asking for some kind of arena guide for a newbie, a good setup for an Elemental Shaman and some general arena tips.

Thanks!

Re: Shaman new to arena, could use some help!

arenajunkies -> forum -> shaman -> elemental shaman beginner guide by blowi. hf

Quote Originally Posted by uka

While i may not be the best shaman, I know some fair knowledge into Ele PvP and Resto PvP.

As Resto, Viable 2 comps is all dependant on how you like to play.

I've ran rogue/sham to 1800, UAlock/sham to 1950 before my partner quit WoW, warrior sham (not as strong as it was in BC but still works), Hunter shaman (not very fond of this team but it works well with an offensive healer + hunter).

for 3's

Shadowpriest/Fmage/Rshaman, Rshaman/Destro or UAlock/ rogue, DestroLock/Fmage/rShaman is what i feel is the easiest comps to play as a resto shaman.

for 5's its so faceroll you can do well with any comp you run as long as you coordinate and communicate properly.

As ele

Disc Priest / Ele is extremely fun, and pretty much any burst DPS + ele will work with proper communication.

3's

Wizard cleaves (warlock,mage) + ele and healer

5's again, faceroll do whatever comp just takes some practise.

As ele I hover 1k resil and i feel thats enough for survival, just need to manage earthbind/frost shocks / thunderstorm for kiting and its easy. High SP is a must, though my SP i run as ele is slightly lower than most elemental shamans, I hover 25k hp unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by uka
    Thanks, already read that though. i was actually looking more for like, what target to nuke in certain situations, why you should do like that and why not. I guess it doesn't exist such a guide, but some general tips would do great!

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    While i may not be the best shaman, I know some fair knowledge into Ele PvP and Resto PvP.

As Resto, Viable 2 comps is all dependant on how you like to play.

I've ran rogue/sham to 1800, UAlock/sham to 1950 before my partner quit WoW, warrior sham (not as strong as it was in BC but still works), Hunter shaman (not very fond of this team but it works well with an offensive healer + hunter).

for 3's

Shadowpriest/Fmage/Rshaman, Rshaman/Destro or UAlock/ rogue, DestroLock/Fmage/rShaman is what i feel is the easiest comps to play as a resto shaman.

for 5's its so faceroll you can do well with any comp you run as long as you coordinate and communicate properly.

As ele

Disc Priest / Ele is extremely fun, and pretty much any burst DPS + ele will work with proper communication.

3's

Wizard cleaves (warlock,mage) + ele and healer

5's again, faceroll do whatever comp just takes some practise.

As ele I hover 1k resil and i feel thats enough for survival, just need to manage earthbind/frost shocks / thunderstorm for kiting and its easy. High SP is a must, though my SP i run as ele is slightly lower than most elemental shamans, I hover 25k hp unbuffed.
    I appriciate it, really, thanks mate

Well I'd be able to help with nuke targets if we knew what comp's you have trouble with and what setup you are currently running.

Tips? Focus shear macro, use terrain advantage with thunderstorm, offheal when you're partner is under heavy pressure and you can't peel, CC or ground. Use stoneclaw on cooldown if you're getting focused (but don't forget to keep tremor close at hand if you're up against a warlock or a priest).

Grounding totem is the single greatest ability you have. It's difficult to use in 5s, hard in 3s and pretty easy in 2s. You have to predict what you're opponent is going to do next. If you notice a hard switch, drop a grounding. The odds of you grounding a stun/silence are pretty good.

I can't explain the sensation of thunderstorming a DK off in Blade's Edge and grounding right after. You see the little deathgrip grab your totem and you smile. If they're good they'll waste a rune or energy on something to kill the grounding, but you should run out of line of sight regardless.

Grounding hex is also a really great feeling because then you can just hex them right back

Yeah, but feel free to send me a message for questions.

Once a Hole, always a Hole.

GO FOR THE WARRIOR!!!!