Poll: As a tank, how often do you run into a disrepectful or stupid person in a heroic daily?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...

Re: I remember when tanks were respected...

It used to be that you used your skills to handle the mobs; now you have to use skills to make up for stupid DPS who either are amazingly ignorant of what is going on or they don't care.

Some of the worst are actually the higher gearscore folks. So many have no real idea what mobs really do, or how they path or what happens in the fight.

Re: I remember when tanks were respected...

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    There was AOE threat, but you didn't use it because you CCed tons of mobs. Sure, being a tank was harder if you went without CC, but matter of fact is dps who couldn't cc had a very hard time joining groups, so tanks usually didn't really need to do that much. I've always played tanks, and tanking was generally a lot more relaxing in TBC and vanilla, because of all the CC. Especially as a warrior. You clearly didn't tank back then.

Sure, when you didn't have CC, most tanks were actually worthless, but that simply proves there were many bad tanks before as well. Tanking has always been fairly easy, but for different reasons. (Not as easy as vanillas 1 button dps though)
    This guy is right.

The ability to AE tank has gotten vastly more robust; but the style of gameplay has not gotten more fun or relaxing, and there's a lot more whack-a-mole clicking now.