Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Sindragosa 10man Normal

Quote Originally Posted by WesM63
    This!

The only time our hunter wasn't able to get it down in "time" was when he got tombed himself.
    We had our DK and hunter tasked as backup in case I got tombed. Hunter would finish mine off if I didn't kill it and I was the next one selected for a tomb and had to run out, and the DK would kill the tomb that I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by mrroboto40
    Follow this strat for an easy kill.

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/b...osslinkid=2376
    Excellent thank you, I remember some GC players killing this Priest toon a few times in lowby zones for w/e reason. Guess if you're downing 25 Sindra HM you get bored easily.

I've two healed it as a resto druid with a holy paladin, pretty easy stuff. You don't need to reset your stacks every tomb if your healers aren't terrible. I was taking 8-10 stacks and my hots were outhealing the damage, so that means that your raid doesn't have to move as much to burst down the tombs. Other than that, just don't chain people and you should win.

Stieger has it right, don't hold up your destruction of the ice tombs for the OT. A reset every tomb is not at all necessary. With proper cooldown use by your tank and healers, you should be able to keep your MT alive into the double digits without there being to much worry of a wipe. This is especially true if you throw some resistance into the mix.

My OT and I just swap whenever we manage to eek out a stack reset. Sometimes it is quick, sometimes it takes 4 tombs or more. As long as we pop a cooldown for the late stack breaths survival is not an issue.

We also had a much easier time with two tomb drop points in phase 2. We actually had someone drop a flare at each at the beginning of phase two. If one of the tombs was slow coming down and a second mark hit, that person just ran to "the green flare." The combination of flexibility and predictability made things much smoother.

The number of ranged dps does not change how many unchained magic debuff your healers get. The only thing that changes that is the number of healers. If you have 1-3 healers you will only ever get 1 unchained magic on your healers at a time. If for whatever reason you try and 4 heal you get 2 unchained magic on the healers. I only know they later part because we had a feral druid decide to start healing to try and top up the raid and it caused two of the healers to get unchained.

On normal mode people will want to ideally reset their stacks atleast every other tomb. I also always found using two different drop points for the tombs to be the easiest. Everyone in your raid just has to avoid the drop zones when people need to get tombed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shisou
    Less ranged dps means that you're more likely to have a healer stuck with Unchained Magic.
    Unchained magic ALWAYS hits one dps and one healer assuming there is at least one of each available. It won't magically hit two dps and zero healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Krattos
    The number of ranged dps does not change how many unchained magic debuff your healers get. The only thing that changes that is the number of healers. If you have 1-3 healers you will only ever get 1 unchained magic on your healers at a time. If for whatever reason you try and 4 heal you get 2 unchained magic on the healers. I only know they later part because we had a feral druid decide to start healing to try and top up the raid and it caused two of the healers to get unchained.

On normal mode people will want to ideally reset their stacks atleast every other tomb. I also always found using two different drop points for the tombs to be the easiest. Everyone in your raid just has to avoid the drop zones when people need to get tombed.
    To fix our problems according to help in this thread....

- We're going to designate our Rogue to solo P2 Frost Tombs always, with either Warrior or Hunter back-up.
    - We'll try to maintain the same one spot Frost Tomb area...but we'll add another spot for flexibility, the 'V' method as proposed by an above poster.
    - Tanks will definitely grab some FR gear, and I'll advise Heals/DPS to grab a quick piece if they'd like.
    - Unchained Magic players will stop casting completely in P2.
    - Heals...I don't they're having an issue, but if they'd like we'll add a Mystic Buffet clearing rotation.

My mostly casual 10 man downed her last night, we did this:

The Main tank, paladin in frost resist gear. The OT, druid, in his DPS spec but tank gear. MT would take her till about 15 or so stacks, druid taunted, pally cleared stacks and got her back. We're a pretty physical heavy group, and since the physical debuff only stacks when attacking Sindragoa, we had the casters focus Sindragosa full time, and left the blocks to the physical. Had a warrior as the main one, with others backing him up if he was chosen for the tomb or asked for help. Used two tomb drop points, one near her head, one near her tail (not literally next to those body parts, still pretty far away, just to give you an idea of how we were spread). Generally had healers and DPS reset every 2 tombs, and just take it easy. If you're getting her down after 2 air phases you have plenty of time. Most of our wipes were caused by people just not watching their debuffs or timers.

A final thing that was touched on earlier but not really...am I crazy or does she do a knockback on the MT? I know she tail swipes with a knockback, but I swear we had horrible up against the wall positioning each pull from a MT knockback. I thought it was from Blistering Cold, but all the videos I watch show there being no knockbacks on the tanks.