PVP glyphs - Holy

Okay so im just starting out again as a holy paladin for arena and im stuck between Seal of light (+ 5% healing) or seal of wisdom (-% cost of healing spells)

What would all you paladins out there reccomend? - As gear im full furious with some peices of wrathful etc (bracers boots)

Re: PVP glyphs - Holy

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyus
    Okay so im just starting out again as a holy paladin for arena and im stuck between Seal of light (+ 5% healing) or seal of wisdom (-% cost of healing spells)

What would all you paladins out there reccomend? - As gear im full furious with some peices of wrathful etc (bracers boots)
    seal of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyus

Depends on your comp I guess, and how well you can manage your mana. Personally I found myself using soW more often than SoL so I just put SoW glyph in...

for my 3's comp however, I used SoL glyph if that helps at all for you =S (had arms + aff warlock comp)

SoW is a lot more useful, meleeing a enemy pet or even a melee on you will give you 1k+ mana for hit, on some fight you can replenish your mana bar with it.
    However, my personal suggestion is to not glyph for it, that major glyph for arena is just bad. Put glyph of Salvation (macro it to cast only on yourself and here you have a "pala barskin") or glyph of Turn Undead (amazing when you want to free cast against a lock's felhunter or to reduce pressure against a dk using gargloyle).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

ohaio gozaimasu, Krazen-chan~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    ohaio gozaimasu, Krazen-chan~
    But it's not morning : /

Seal of Wisdom
    Holy Light
    Beacon of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Seal of Wisdom
    Holy Light
    Beacon of Light
    I think you misread PvP as PvE Raiss..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    but it is for me, Ron-dono~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    Ron-dono~
    I approve of this. Cookies for you (::) (:.

Deleted

Personally i use Holy Shock, Turn Evil, and Seal of Wisdom glyphs. I guess You could use Salvation, or Seal of Light if you never have mana problems, but that's very unlikely.

Sometimes when healer dps meets healer dps, it's about who goes oom first.

Edit: I just noticed how I automaticly based this on 2v2 <.< I'm tired. Anyway, it depends on your comp, and if your partner/s can burst ppl down fast or not.

i prefer salvation, holy shock, and wisdom, but i dont arena, just BG healing. for arena i'd say HS and turn evil are enterchangable, and sol has got to depend on your comp. if you are going to try to burst them down and not have long matches go light. if your guys cant gib someone early i'd suggest wisdom.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Glyph of Turn Evil
    Glyph of Holy Shock
    Glyph of Salvation / Glyph of Flash of Light

What comp are you playing? 2's, 3's or 5's?
    Me personally as i played PHD, I found myself able to wear a nice bit of pve gear so i stuck with SoL. I found myself swapping glyphs in and about depending on the teams queuing (SoW for double healer cheese, warrior pally druid, comps that usually result in mana wars).
    P.S. to respond to the person above me, salvation is typically a waste of a glyph slot. It looks nice on paper, but usually you are better off using freedom and getting a peel (prevent the damage) then just tank it at 20% less

Quote Originally Posted by Noocharles
    What comp are you playing? 2's, 3's or 5's?
    Me personally as i played PHD, I found myself able to wear a nice bit of pve gear so i stuck with SoL. I found myself swapping glyphs in and about depending on the teams queuing (SoW for double healer cheese, warrior pally druid, comps that usually result in mana wars).
    P.S. to respond to the person above me, salvation is typically a waste of a glyph slot. It looks nice on paper, but usually you are better off using freedom and getting a peel (prevent the damage) then just tank it at 20% less
    um Hand of Salv is liek another cd you can have.. imo that'd make it almost mandatory pvp glyph along with holy shock

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    um Hand of Salv is liek another cd you can have.. imo that'd make it almost mandatory pvp glyph along with holy shock
    Not really, its not another CD as it doesnt stack with Freedom. It would be the same concept if using travel form overrode barkskin. Almost every situation it would be better to use freedom to prevent the damage, get a peel and get away. The 20% is almost negligible if the trade off is that you cant get that warrior or rogue off you

Quote Originally Posted by Noocharles
    Not really, its not another CD as it doesnt stack with Freedom. It would be the same concept if using travel form overrode barkskin. Almost every situation it would be better to use freedom to prevent the damage, get a peel and get away. The 20% is almost negligible if the trade off is that you cant get that warrior or rogue off you
    Consider aff lock with full DoT on you, or Spriests or mage.. ofc you'd want to use freedom when you have rogue or warrior on you, but I think for other cases with DoTs and so on I'd find hand of salv more useful.

But then again other glyphs you can use in place of salv is also nice too~

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Gold star for you for making my day. <3

I read a lot of "seal of wisdom" but do not agree.
    I would instead take "seal of light"

Mana is never an issue in 2s and 3s, if it is, you're being mana drained and you (and your team) need to work harder to prevent that. (more LoSing / interupting / cc / ...)

Even against double healer teams (that are ment to outlast anything), I can outlast one of their healers w/o much trouble with no "seal of wisdom".
    (and that is all it takes, once one of their healers is oom it's cc and burst time ;>)

Holy Shock, the fearing UD or Demon with 8 sec CD and whatever else you might need at the time.

Beacon gets purged often but if you're doing 3s/5s more often its worthing looking into. If you get bursted (which does happen) then Salv yourself.

Holy light if you're running double melee 3s, FoL 5% crit is never bad.

Just use whatever one you feel is necessary imo.

Belf. Again.