Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ICC pugs - horror stories

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    You fail at being a mage. You know that?
    You're probably the rogue/dps warrior who refuses to debuff armor reduction (because nobody else can do it) because it decreases you dps by 50 while it increases raid dps by 500.
    Of course i sunder when i am on my fury twink. It actualy does something for the raid. Slow does not. I play a mage as a main, and you have no idea, go troll somewhere else. Or read the sticky about PvE in the mage section, you may get some fresh ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    man, i don't think one point out of incanter's absorption will destroy your dps
    the current best arcane spec does not have incanters at all. You too, go read the sticky.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    I didn't scream at anyone.

We couldn't keep up with two marks AND people tanking blood beasts AND undergeared tanks eating a lot of damage. And the fight was at 60%.

Regardless of those mages speccing or not, we had no snares for the beasts. That means the raid was bound to fail. If, however, they HAD used a single talent point to spec into a snare, we would've possibly been able to down the fight. Without a snare, it was quite literally impossible.
    Mages dont need do spec frost bolt, you know?

also roots, pala shield, and as you said chains....
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    The delay, is probably, mostly due to delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbot
    You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.
    Referring to someone as "fucking retarded" is considered flaming.

Deleted

Why would you spec into slow when you can use Rank 1 Frostbolt, Cone of Cold or even frost nova to keep the adds off people? We've got snares and roots we don't have to spec into so why spec into another one? No point speccing into a talent you're not going to use in the majority of cases, especially when we have other spells in our arsenal that will also get the job done.

My horror story:
    This was a guild/pug with 5 guildies and 5 pugs

Marrowgar:
    Hunter VOLLEYS whole fight, in Viper!
    The lock and mage are pulling 2-3k DPS, but we kept them since all other DPS was 7k-10kish.

LDW:
    We had the Darnavan weekly, so I as DK DPS go kite the guy in tank gear/spec. Guess what, the lock and mage nuke him as soon as he spawns, GREAT!

We then wipe it for another go at the q:
    The mage dies in a D&D, Hunter keeps volleying, warlock kills Darnavan...

We manage the fight and q on our third try.

Gunship:
    We tell the mage and lock to take a jetpack. They say: OK
    Fight starts, and the lock tells us he didnt get the jetpack. Well, we could do it without him jumping, so no worries right? WRONG, he saw some of us jump over, and he followed: meaning he hit space at the edge of the ship..
    Also, the mage jumped cause he felt like it= Saurfang pewpews him.

Still, we complete the fight.

For the rest: Kick the mage/lock/hunter, get new pugs and clear Saurfag, Rotface, Fester.

Our guildie referred to this as "the paralympics of wow"

[80Death Knight][80Hunter][80Shaman][50Rogue][40Warrior]
    - "And remember, Onyxia's breath is not like Pokémons. You really don't wanna catch them all" -pewpew healzor shammy
    Just in, from same shammy:
    - "now, the Dark Nuclei ARE like Pokémon!"

"How do i kite the blood beasts on saurfang? I mean, they are fast?"

FFFFFUUUUUUU -.- Hi and welcome to the average pug on shattered hand

Quote Originally Posted by Obirah
    Doesn't seem like a horror story to me. Just a bad group.
    Not replacing slackers after trash/first boss makes you all an equal part of that bad group, imo.

And you don't need slow as a pve arcane mage.
    Just throw out a FFB for pretty much instant aggro + a small slowing effect on the beasts.
    Come tell me that Slow won't make your life and your raid's easier when you have had a bit more experience on ICC.

That applies to all mages that think Slow is useless tbh. And to that guy that said why not use rank1 frostbolt I'll give you 2 reasons. First, it has a casting time. Second it only lasts 5 seconds while slow lasts 15. I would love to see you trying to take Saurfang's adds out on heroic mode with rank1 frostbolt. Oh and the LK's Valkyr's also.

As other people have said, a 100dps increase won't save you but Slow will sometimes surely will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Your adamantium armour is shatering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Wolverinewing...?

Deleted

I also said Cone of Cold and Frost Nova. Both which are instant cast and affect multiple enemies at once. You're telling me you can't control the Blood Beasts using a combination of all 3? I don't know about any other mages here but I manage just fine without Slow. Yes, 100 dps won't save me from being hit, but I don't get hit by the Blood beasts anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Please feel free to post in the raid experiences thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...nces-in-raids/

Thanks!