About Cataclysm Opt-In

About the Opt-in for Cataclysm beta - Does my account have to be active in order to be picked for Beta?
    Mine is currenty frozen but I've still Opt-in a few months ago.
    Am I opt-in in vain? Can I still be picked?

Also - I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Cataclysm Opt-In thread, since that's a how-to thread.

Re: About Cataclysm Opt-In

You can opt-in from the battle.net page of your account, but yes, it has to be active
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    You can opt-in from the battle.net page of your account, but yes, it has to be active
    Not really, I know people that got Starcraft II beta keys only with a WoW trial account on their B.Net.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really, I know people that got Starcraft II beta keys only with a WoW trial account on their B.Net.
    Didnt know about trial accounts getting sc2 beta keys, but have heard of people who didnt even opt in get keys, and when I first found out I QQ'ed alot you can say ^_^

Still no beta invites or anything for me after 5 years, kinda lame. But yeah random afterall

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Your "people you know" are liars.

I created a new Battle.net account, but I'm unable to opt in. Why?

In order for a Battle.net account to be able to opt in to upcoming beta tests, you must have at least one Blizzard Entertainment game attached to the account. Please note that the World of Warcraft trial edition does not count toward this requirement.

found here: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=4301

Yes, you have to have an active account, if not, you can't be selected for the beta. That's how it was for TBC and WotLK, there's no reason to assume it would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Yes i got sc2 beta on my RAF account that i just reactivated with scroll of resurrection to do RAF again
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400

In order for a Battle.net account to be able to opt in to upcoming beta tests, you must have at least one Blizzard Entertainment game attached to the account. Please note that the World of Warcraft trial edition does not count toward this requirement.

Yes, you have to have an active account, if not, you can't be selected for the beta. That's how it was for TBC and WotLK, there's no reason to assume it would change.
    Complain with Blizzard then, the fact is that it worked with the Starcraft II Beta.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MyWish
    Do you think guys "unclean" accounts will be considered?

I been caught using 3rd party program several times and I'm also permamently banned from the official forum.

any chance for me?
    I wouldn't think so. You might get lucky, but I wouldnt get your hopes up. :-\

I only see Blizzard inviting people with little to no reports to their accounts to be considered. Such as people who may have recieved a short temporary forum ban, or forced name changes and such.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400

That active game could very well be Warcraft 3, a game that does not require monthly payment, however.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I would like to know though - Does account have to be active?
    Can someone confirm?

I'd say your BATTLE.NET account needs to be active. Since you don't apply for betas through WoW Accounts but with the Battle.Net account. Because of Battle.Net never going inactive, you have nothing to worry about.

And I guess as above poster said, you need one game attached to the account :P

Quote Originally Posted by M1kra
    I'd say your BATTLE.NET account needs to be active. Since you don't apply for betas through WoW Accounts but with the Battle.Net account. Because of Battle.Net never going inactive, you have nothing to worry about.

And I guess as above poster said, you need one game attached to the account :P
    Thanks for the reply!

/thread