Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Will the Random Dungon LFG system be disabled at early CAT or from 81-85?

is there a requirement to run on foot and enter through the entrance at least one time before you can be teleported by the random dungeon tool? if not, thats kinda killing the main principal of the game, a virtual world that you travel to become a epic hero.

The bigger issue with the Random Dungeon tool is the ability to instantly teleport to any dungeon in the game world whether you've been there or not. Frankly, that's just stupid.

I for one am hoping that LFD requires you to have at least discovered the instance already, or perhaps maybe only after you've defeated the last boss from that dungeon should it allow you to queue again.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of convenience during the "grind" of running instances, but discovering one for the first time and running it with either the people you run in to there or guild mates you're questing with is a fundamental part of MMO gaming.

They've already made every 5 man instance in the game take less than 15 minutes which really sucks if you like running 5 mans, in my opinion. Am I really the only one hoping that 5 man instances actually take some effort?

Quote Originally Posted by tankytanktank123
    is there a requirement to run on foot and enter through the entrance at least one time before you can be teleported by the random dungeon tool? if not, thats kinda killing the main principal of the game, a virtual world that you travel to become a epic hero.
    I doubt it, there isn't on alts. It'd be nice if they implemented it though. Especially when you wipe and someone in your party doesn't know the way back. You usually end up 4 manning it while they try and find their way back or waiting for their rez sickness to wear off.

My guess is that the instances will come with -90% xp debuff durin 80-85 leveling, or something like that.

In one of the blizzcon panels they said something about changing the whole leveling experience to be less grindy and more about progressing the storylines. Reading between the lines it would mean that you dont get levels from doing same instance 400 times or killing 7M boars, but actually has to complete all/most of the quests for each new area. Which would be great to be honest.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

At the onset of the expansion, no one will have rested experience or level 80-85 heirloom gear. That is what makes dungeon leveling at higher levels much easier and quicker. Without that 100% bonus, dungeon grinding through 4-5 dungeons for 5 levels will get horribly tedious and old.

Questing is almost always quicker if you're just PuGing. While leveling from 70-80, I generally skipped the named mob quests until I got to a point where I was ahead of almost everyone else.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    At the onset of the expansion, no one will have rested experience or level 80-85 heirloom gear. That is what makes dungeon leveling at higher levels much easier and quicker. Without that 100% bonus, dungeon grinding through 4-5 dungeons for 5 levels will get horribly tedious and old.

Questing is almost always quicker if you're just PuGing. While leveling from 70-80, I generally skipped the named mob quests until I got to a point where I was ahead of almost everyone else.
    I believe heirloom items stop at lvl 80.

The range say 1-80 doesnt it?

10+ Year Old Account

I dont really mind..i will be doing the quests other people can do what they want to level..however more people using lfg will reduce the amount of overcrowded areas which is good :P

Quote Originally Posted by tankytanktank123
    They've mentioned that it is likely there will be some requirement like that in Cataclysm dungeons. Remember: They designed most of Wrath's dungeons before thinking this system up; Cataclysm instances will be designed with this tool in mind.

make the dungeon finder not work till 85

Making the dungeon finder not work until 85 is an awful idea, but I could see it not being available until you actually find the instance. Right now it just seems silly that you can teleport to a dungeon instantly, especially if you've never been in the zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    One time a ret pally crit me so hard that my character exploded and killed all my alts

I hate questing. I'd rather sit and grind mobs until my eyes bleed than have to run around doing errands for random npcs. I'm not worried about the first max level either.
    The dungeon finder actually brought me back to the game after nearly a year away. I LOVE dungeon crawls. It's what usually brings me back to WoW. Now that I can do what I like to do in the game at any given point of the day or night, I'm really enjoying myself.
    I'd hate to see that system get locked until I jump through a bunch of arbitrary hoops that make me play the way someone else decides I should enjoy/experience/whatever.

I'll go unlock the dungeon through a quest. I'll explore the zone and admire what's out there. After that one day though, I'm spending the next six months healing you guys in whatever scary tomb or ancient city happens to be in that zone. That's how I'll level. That's how I'll have fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tro
    Also wouldnt Tanks be able to lvl the fastest if Blizzard were to keep the random LFG thingy? would be un fair for non-tank classes right? (talking about the lvl85 achievement)
    The first-to-lvl85 achievement will not be gained throug spamming LFG with randoms, I'm fairly sure. Why? Lvl 83+ dungeons will be slow with retarded or low dps people that infest the current LFG. You'll need a premade group to do it fast, probably with a good healer, tanking in dps gear. In that premade group, your role is not relevant, the DPSer will get just as much XP/hour as the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    The first-to-lvl85 achievement will not be gained throug spamming LFG with randoms, I'm fairly sure. Why? Lvl 83+ dungeons will be slow with retarded or low dps people that infest the current LFG. You'll need a premade group to do it fast, probably with a good healer, tanking in dps gear. In that premade group, your role is not relevant, the DPSer will get just as much XP/hour as the tank.
    what? come on. Dungons are easy mode now.
    Plus they provide tons of exp compared to questing.

also its likely tanks can solo or have dual spec.

Remember Vengeance?

Quote Originally Posted by foogy
    It wasn't because they used dungeons to level, it's because they left the group after tagging the mobs, and let the group kill it for lots of exp to the person being boosted.

And how would it be unfair for tanks to get groups fast? Tanks are slower at killing stuff than pure dps, if anything, it's more fair.
    have you ever leveled a tank grinding? if not i'll explain.

Back when WLK was first released I entered borean tundra with a friend of mine who was convinced that he could beat me to 80 as warrior prot spec'd. We both agreed that we couldn't grind dungeons and most leveling had to be done from quests. He was able to gather mobs and ae grind them to death faster then my balance druid. I was a balance druid in 6/8 T6 gear and the rest bt/sunwell gear. He was geared with kara and gruul's gear.

So my point is tanks are by no means under powered at grinding they just need to understand their nitch. Ae grind like crazy. ???. Profit.

In my opinion, the LFG tool should be available immediately, but the instances themselves should have requirements to enter.

I don't necessarily mean that they need questlines/attunements, but maybe just require that the person actually visits the entrance before being able to queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    In my opinion, the LFG tool should be available immediately, but the instances themselves should have requirements to enter.

I don't necessarily mean that they need questlines/attunements, but maybe just require that the person actually visits the entrance before being able to queue.
    And once they get them they could just instant queue them and grind the mess out of them.

Again your argument doesnt disprove my argument from the OP

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    Guessing it will be available, but you will have to zone in once normally to each dungeon to activate it for the LFG tool.
    Not true.

And once they get them they could just instant queue them and grind the mess out of them.

Again your argument doesnt disprove my argument from the OP
    Just because instance grinding was effective in Wotlk doesn't mean it will be effective in Cataclysm.

And again, who cares?

If people want to instance grind and miss all the content, go for it.

15+ Year Old Account

what? come on. Dungons are easy mode now.
    1) yes, now. They are easy now. Cat 80-85 is the future, not now.
    2) a premade group can finish LK heroics in 5-10 minutes. A random LFG group can do the same in 10-20 minutes. I suppose premade groups will be similarly better in Cata aswell, if not even better, if you really need CC and kill order, basically BRAINS

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    1) yes, now. They are easy now. Cat 80-85 is the future, not now.
    2) a premade group can finish LK heroics in 5-10 minutes. A random LFG group can do the same in 10-20 minutes. I suppose premade groups will be similarly better in Cata aswell, if not even better, if you really need CC and kill order, basically BRAINS
    Blizzard are going for a Casual style again as usual.

As is now,,, how hard is it to pug a dungon? Come on, really,,,, Even with noobs in the group.

Instant Dungon queues for Tanks grat them even more exp then others, which mean faster time to get the 85 achievement