Shaman tank healing 10 man

I've read alot of guides regarding healing as a shaman, but I guess my situation is a little different. See, people everywhere say stack haste haste haste because they spam chain heal in 25 man. I'm at around 1000 haste now, with about 300 mp5 unbuffed, 32% crit unbuffed and around 3.3k spell power.

As a tank healer though in a 10 man, is haste really all that good over a point? My LHW is more or less at a second now, I usually need at least one innervate per heroic ICC fight (well, with 3 druids they are handed on a plate). It's also a little awkward as I swap around alot. This week our resto druid will be out of action thus I will be the raid healer. Normally I tank heal. Though, on nights when we have enough healers, I dps as elemental. Some of my gear is shared between both, so it's hard to know how to gem my gear really. I'm mainly gemming for haste, with alot of sp/haste gems and the odd sp gem. But my mp5 is bugging me despite my RL telling me not to worry about it.

Is there a set rule across? Or should I just go with the flow regarding my situation?

Re: Shaman tank healing 10 man

Hello,

I'm assuming you don't have replenishment in yoy current setup, because otherwise something is either wrong with your tanks (taking too much damage), dps (too long fights) or spec.

Instead of replenishment you have 3 innervates in the raidd, which gives you the *right* to use one. My suggestion is to get replenishment into your raid and perhaps drop 1 druid in the process.

edit:
    For me the opposite scenario is applied, I usually raid as elemental, but dependant on the boss I go resto. We always make sure to have replenishment. Our setup:
    *pala (prrot)
    *war (prot/dps)
    *druid (resto)
    *priest (disc)
    *rogue
    *deathknight (dps)
    *warlock (demo)
    *shaman (ele)
    *pala (holy/dps)
    *shaman (ele/resto (me))

when the tank isnt taking awesome high damage try casting more chainheals on him, the extra crits will reward you more mana.

I can't really say much without seeing a wws parse / your armory

but if you really are having mana issues your best bet is to get two "regen" trinkets
    the int badge one and the hoR one are easy to acquire

Well if LHW is what you're depending on, then you won't want to go above the soft cap (1269). But don't depend on LHW. HW is far far better throughput, and almost as fast with Tidal Waves up, which it always should be. It'll also gain a benefit from haste for even longer than LHW.

But yeah, with how things currently work, you just can't beat haste as a throughput stat, as long as you can maintain it with your mana capability.

With that much Haste, Spellpower and free Innervates I'd personally be using RT + HW.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

might be just the gear difference, but your crit seems a bit low to me too....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

I'm trying to go with haste/crit items, but would it maybe be better to use mp5/haste items? I just don't know :-\

Yes we have replenishment

Haste, SP + Crit are best for Tank healing and as I said above - Riptde + HW spam.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

i was told that i basicly need to stack haste and nothing else. for me i chose to balance it out my mp5 and haste for whats comfortable for me. i run icc 10 every week and am the main tank healer and have no problems what so ever. my chain heal is 1.9 sec cast time and i have no problems keeping the tanks and the raid up. i also dont relie on just one heal, blend in lhw and riptide. just make sure u keep up your water shield, use your pots and mana tide when necessary and find what works for you. group diversity helps also we have 3 shams and 2 priests ava for our composition and all have dual spec which helps us alot

If you're tank healing, I prefer to build a spellpower mp5 set if your having mana problems, riptide + HW (with 2 set) is incredible. and HW crits is 100% proc on watershield while chain heals aren't.

If you're raid healing, mass haste as suggested, watershield procs should be mana return, your mp5 is awfully low.

If I spammed HW for the whole fight, it wouldn't matter how much mana regen I had, I would be out above 50%. So surely not?

I'll try and build an mp5 set, but surely less haste means less hps, thus harder healing on the tanks? Or I'd lose crit. Is crit even that important for tank healing? If not, I'll go for mp5 instead.

How much mp5 should I aim for? I also don't have the T9 two piece. Is it worth going T9/T10 rather than just T10? The only T9 pieces I could go for is helm and chest, and the helm is crit/mp5, hence why I dropped the two set.