Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Old World flying free?

To sum up the blue posts on the subject.

310% training is going to be available to everyone. Get use to it. It will most likely be a gold sink, aka you people are dreaming if you think 3k will get it. I'd expect 20k minimum like the Vendor Mount. This is a LUXURY item. You do not need it and not being able to fly 30% faster will not in anyway prevent you from fully experiencing the game.

People who have a 310 mount once this change goes into place will be granted the skill. Congratulations to those who have one already, you've saved a good amount of gold on that character.

You will most likely be able to fly right away in Cataclysm.

All of this can be found in blue statements, go look it up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    I have a feeling (just a feeling) that when they said '310% will be trainable,' I feel like they meant that for those that already have a 310% mount, they'll be able to pay a training fee and ride ALL of their 'Artisan Skill' flying mounts at 310%. At least, that's what I'm hoping. This would make 310% untrainable if you don't already have a 310% mount.
    ^ what I'm hoping.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

It's amazing how people can read the blue posts and either remember it incorrectly or interpret it incorrectly. It's like the many different descriptions of the same event or crime.

It's all just speculation until Cata comes out. They can change their minds mid development.

I HOPE I can fly in Azeroth from the beginning. What I except is to level until 84 then be able to then pay some fee or go on some long quest.

How I interpret the Blue posts is that 310% will be trainable IF you already have a 310% mount so that all your 280% will be able to scale up to 310 so you don't stop using them in favor of the 310. If you don't have a 310% you are out of luck flying at 310.

Would be nice, and to train to use all you mount as 310% would be even more awesome.