Rdy to tank ICC?

I was wondering if I was ready to tank ICC or not? My guild as wondering but I'm not sure. Also is Blood the better ICC spec to go? I see a lot more DKs with that spec.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Sw%C3%AClly

Re: Rdy to tank ICC?

well to be honest i think you should be able to handle the first quarter of ICC10 and probably the fugglies (ROT and Fester)

but to be fair you should main focus on doing TOC10 and 25 a few times before going to ICC, but hey that's just my oppinion.

probably with decent healers will be ok for u to offtank icc10.

Ps: dont be greedy and spend some money in epic gems , at least shows dedication and they are cheap, as tank u should be able to get them just by doing heroics.

any of the gnomes isnt ready to face the abomanations awaiting in Icecrown CItadel
    enter there for them should be just simply banned

and on topic as Drivon stated, u should get some more TOC25 man items maybe some frost itemz if u think about ICC25
    1st few bosses arent that gear demanding if u have pro healers

i tanked icc 10 today on my dk for the first time. blood. 37k health unbuffed, without frost presence. i tanked it with a prot warrior who has the same health but a lot less avoiddance. we had two healers ( healers play a big part in whether a tank can tank a boss or not) 5.7k gs shaman and 5.4k gs druid. we downed festergut without too much trouble then stopped without attemping rotface. the warrior had many close calls in several fights. he died on marrowgar which i then solo tanked for the last 50%. he died again on lady deathwhisper because i think he failed to interrupt.

imo, i think you are not ready to tank icc at all unless you have uber leet healers that have several pieces from icc 25. i dont think tanking blood is required, but tanking in blood does help out the healers a lot and you staying alive.

and like the above poster said, yes go with the progression, dont skip raids.
    heroic icc 5's drops 232. toc 10 drops 232. a full set of 232's (17 slots) would get you ready for 245's.
    each progressing raid requires average raid ilvl of the previous raid content.
    ie, if you have a less geared tank, make up with more geared healers.

The gear itself looks alright, though I would be concerned if you plan on tanking festergut.

A few suggestions however, I recomend you put epic gems in every slot, blues just won't cut the mustard in ICC.
    Secondly, I'd suggest the tanking boots from the final boss in Heroic: Forge of Souls.
    Another note, you're below the melee hitcap of 8% which is going to be your highest threat-gen stat. Aquire more hit, either through the enchant on your gloves or epic gems. Even with the 8% melee cap, you may occasionally miss with Icy Touch, which since the changes is huge threat, so more hit won't be a bad thing.

Professions are always a good thing, Blaskmithing and Jewelcrafting a both great for DKs. Mining also, for a tank.

Other than that it really comes down to trial and error. If the healers can keep you alive, then you can tank. If they can't then you need better gear.

Well, first off I'd at least replace the 24 Stamina Gems with 30 Stamina ones, added up over all of those, it's a goot 100 more Stamina all together. Then change your Meta Gem to the one with that gives an additional 3% (?) Armor Contribution from items.

[Sorry, can't really recall the name right now.]

And maybe switch out at least one Trinket for a Stamina one (Direbrew Charm / Corroded Skeletton Key / ..) and you'll be good to go for 10man ICC, the First Wing of ICC 25 and even some upper wing Bosses, depending on the Rest of your Group. Oh and.. I'm quite convinced the +Health Enchant on Chest is somewhat Superior to +10 Stats. Minor Difference, but yeah.

Edit: Bah, someone already said it while I posted. ;P

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I would go with not so ready....

As well as the Boots from H:FoS i would suggest picking up Indestructible Plate Girdle - Comparison

maybe someone will be nice enough to put together a comprehensive upgrade list from suggestions made here

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Thanks for the replies, I'll work on these suggestions and come back later to check with everyone again.

10+ Year Old Account

First off: You need to drop the dodge for Stamina. Dodge is like Spirit for a non-spirit class in ICC (except for Bears, but they should aim for Sta > Dodge aswell). Get the 30+ Stamina shoulder enchant in SW (PvP vendors), and don't be afraid to respec into Blood, since Blood is a better tanking spec than Frost (when it comes to the healing + Single target-threat utility).

get professions

threat for the 2h frost build is GOOD now with the IT buff. I'm mucking around with it atm since our usual group has changed slightly so i'm now providing the haste with IIT.

Your gear is fine for 10man progression, 25 i'd say probably a little on the low scale. 1st wing upto saurfang in 10 man at which point it's a dps/competence test. people on adds need to know wtf to do. I do question the DnD glyph since you've not specced improved into it. if u need help with threat either go HB glyph for aoe love and quick spread of disease, or FS glyph for more ST threat. still tho not bad.

blood and frost are on par in terms of survivability, it's 3% mitigation vs 2% stam.. or was it the other way around. in the end, both are able to tank it just fine. I do prefer Vamp Blood over Unbreakable Armor though. As for gear I would look at replacing the 24 with 30 stam. Get the Skelly key and the cape first... since the cape is one of the best you can get atm... if not BIS. Replace the meta with an "Austere Earthseige Diamond" for the activator (red gem) i would use an expertise/stam hybrid can't remember the name. Go for set bonus if it's 12 stam or so. or to round off your stats - need the expertise higher if threat is a concern otherwise it's looking good.

dodge is not a bad stat, just because of the -20% dodge debuff it does not mean it's worthless. it's still required for runestrike, and that's a large chunk of threat right there.

also if going blood, a nice idea is to make a deal with a rogue (pref combat) to hysteria him and he ToT you rather than u just hyst yourself. works out VERY WELL.

good luck in ICC, i'm sure u'll be fine upto saurfang in icc10. in 25 you'll probably be making your healers cry a little inside however. but 10 man, you have the average amout of gear to start . remember that 10 and 25 man are seperate progressions. you do not need 245 for icc10, it's based around an average of 232.

Hi, as for your question. Yes, you are ready. The things that have been said are correct, follow the instructions that summed up xeroxide ... meta gem, epox>rare gems. As for thrinkets ... you should get at least 1 stamina trinket (you're better off with more in your bags, as the fights in ICC differ. Make sure to get at least the one that drops in ToCH normal.
    As for the enchant on the chcest .. i personaly preffer the +10 stats one, but it's essentialy your call. As for me, I tank in blood spec and had close to none hard times tanking the whole content LK included.

I know that all these things have been said, but I had to come here and tell you ... Don't be affraid. "Fear is you'r worst enemy!" as some paladin once said. The thing that WILL make the difference in your tanking is if you know the fights. Make sure to see into the abbilities the bosses have, or even watch some videos. Don't forget the +10% buff makes even the smallest gnome to a great tank !
    Oh and yea ... if you make it past festergut .. you can tank it up to sindragosa without any greater issues (gear-wise)

Make sure to let us know about you'r first icc tanking ... how far you made it and stuff like that

I apologize for my grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxide
    dodge is not a bad stat, just because of the -20% dodge debuff it does not mean it's worthless. it's still required for runestrike, and that's a large chunk of threat right there.
    Dodge is not a bad stat to have, but it is a bad stat to gear/gem for. It's a big difference.

i forgot the most important thing of all... make sure u have fun. go with a group you feel comfortable with, people that can be patient with you on your first try.

be ready and prepare, and may the rest be good memories