Retribution trinket choice

Hello there all paladins.

I've been unlucky with trinkets, so I'm stuck with DKC:G and Mirror. By now, I have everything from the frost vendor except Herkuml War Token and the libram. I was wondering if the frost trinket is any good for us paladins. Will it be better then Mirror on all fights or is it just bad? Been thinking about buying it cause it seems like the other trinkets NEVER drop. Your thoughts?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...de&cn=Darknexx <- armory.

Re: Retribution trinket choice

Go for it. The haste wouldn't hurt, just monitor how well its kept up on fights and sub it out if needed.

Belf. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknexx
    Will it be better then Mirror on all fights or is it just bad? Been thinking about buying it cause it seems like the other trinkets NEVER drop. Your thoughts?
    Yes, it will be better on all fights and 153 Haste >> 84 Crit. Theory tell us that scaling on these is about equal, with haste being slightly better stat for us on higher levels of gear.

That being said, this is pretty bad trinket for all fights except Saur/Fest/Rot. Same can be said about libram of three lies, but at least trinket is a bigger upgrade for you.

So, go for it.

P.S. If you really savvy ... you can rent it for raid nights, renewing rent each 2 hours. Same with libram. Good luck.

i'd suggest libram first, that trinket "can" be easily replaced. obviously rng can screw you on that. After the libram if you are still unlucky go ahead and take the trinket, but do NOT trash the mirror. many fights you cant keep 100% uptime so mirror will pull ahead.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

i agree with Nik looking at your gear you have access to both 10/25 icc.. hold out of r a WFS or TAJ (if you have killed PP) i still to this day will say id never pay for that trinket because id watch my buffs and every time it falls off id get pissed =P just like i used to with FoFF

15+ Year Old Account

I am not a fan of stacking mechanics. I hate that we have to stack Veng to 5, Libram to 5/3(depending on spec), HWT to 10, Unidentifiable Organ to 10, and so on and so forth. It's not just paladins(though I would aregue we have the most things to stack to be competitive), other classes have to deal with these stacking trinkets or Relics or whatever.

I just think we rely too much on it. If any of these things fall off(if one drops off its likely the others will too) we suffer a great deal. And their are far less "Tank and Spank" fights to make getting certain upgrades worth their price. Keeping Vengeance stacked isnt so bad, it made our dps a bit more exciting and taxing and if you could stack it on multiple targets you were really good. But having to stack 2, 3 or 4 different things is just annoying.

/end rant

Sorry, just had to get it off my chest.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

get the libram first, theres always the chance a new trinket will drop, but you'll never have a libram drop for you (in current tier raids). Once you have enough badges for the token again, buy it and sell it back for the refund before it expires, so when you do replace it you have badges for something else (i.e. relentless gear or primordial saronite).

also. run toc 25 whether it be pugs or badgering your guild into going. DC is a good trinket still.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Mirror of Truth is absolute crap. You'd have to lose your stack from HWT an unthinkable number of times in a fight for Mirror of Truth to be worth more DPS.

Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Gunship (not that it matters), Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut and Blood Princes should all have something for you to hit at all times to keep your stack, Dreamwalker too if you're slow with killing adds. In the fights where you do lose your stack, it's still going to be worth more DPS than the Mirror is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    i'd suggest libram first, that trinket "can" be easily replaced. obviously rng can screw you on that. After the libram if you are still unlucky go ahead and take the trinket, but do NOT trash the mirror. many fights you cant keep 100% uptime so mirror will pull ahead.
    Even if you could replace 1 trinkets easily, the trinket is still a higher upgrade over dmc:g, than the libram is over the t9 libram and 2 trinkets are not that easy to replace.

=> Trinket first pick.

Deleted

Instead of making a new thread I'll ask here. Where does HWT stand vs DMC:G? I play holy with a ret offspec from time to time, so I'm not that into how good ret trinkets are.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Celdarion
    Instead of making a new thread I'll ask here. Where does HWT stand vs DMC:G? I play holy with a ret offspec from time to time, so I'm not that into how good ret trinkets are.
    It's mathematically better, up until you're losing the stacks a certain number of times (I think two or three per fight, though I'd have to load up Rawr to double check this). I play Protection with a Retribution offspec, and only recently bought the Herkuml War Token, so haven't had a chance to try it out in a raid setting yet.