Arena PvP Question

Hey guys,me and some irl friend are having some arena,we all thinking about Disc Priest/desctro Lock/UA lock for 3s, what you guys think has setup? is it viable? we are good geared and 2k experienced so apreciate all the help.

Many thx

Re: Arena PvP Question

you have 2k experience and your asking if that is viable. No it is not.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    you have 2k experience and your asking if that is viable. No it is not.
    Due to healing reduce and diminuishing returns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strokedgb
    No because every warrior will laugh at you. Thats a terrible idea because two warlocks, no matter how speced, will not progress past 1300.

I cant help but bring your 2k exp into question considering the idiocy of this question.

any melee team will rail you so hard. Your one main cc will be sharing DR on it so its pretty much useless. I would love to run into this set up.

If you're good enough, then yes it can be viable. I've played against UA Lock/Destro Lock/Resto Druid who had a MMR of ~2300 and they've played a large amount of games, they play well and were actually not an easy fight.

Most combos are viable if you put the time to learn different strategies.

However if you're 2k experience you should be able to make it work. Sure all 3 fears share a DR, but DR ends quick now. You can rotate in stuns from the destro, and kite using demonic portal.

Your teams + is 3 fears (share DR but fear is a strong cc spell), undispellable dots (UA), destro lock burst (since immolate can't be dispelled cause UA is hanging there its risky). [ Yes i know UA is dispellable, but no many healers would go for the dispel, if they do, merely coil + nuke the healer who ate UA hit + silenced].

Down side, warriors will be laughing at you, unless you drag him far from his healers, fear off his healers and nuke him, i feel a destro burst followed by full dots + drain soul will make a warrior shed tears.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xm...m+and+Bheedhon

you get countered by most warrior teams, however you are a vicious wizardcleave counter
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xm...m+and+Bheedhon

you get countered by most warrior teams, however you are a vicious wizardcleave counter
    So its still viable,i have another option to run which is desctro lock/disc priest/frost mage

All specs/class combinations are possible, But this one seems to lack a MS effect, and burst, all CC sharing same DR, doesn't look prosperous to me sorry

So its still viable,i have another option to run which is desctro lock/disc priest/frost mage
    That sounds much better. Though I feel the lock might be better affliction.

Affliction does have an MS effect, allbeit a rather poor one compared to the soon to be nerfed norm.
    But having two of the same class which share diminishing returns on their main CC is just asking for trouble.
    I suffer from the diminishing returns of fear on my own, let alone with another lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

any comp is viable aslong as the players know how to play
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Deleted

The main weak point of double lock + disc is the healer imo. With a holy paladin healing it's one of the best class stacking 3v3 comps at the moment.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

yes
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

We doing with sp/UA lock/desctro lock and seems it works fine,its harder vs double healer and frost/frost/sp

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vedetta
    No because every warrior will laugh at you. Thats a terrible idea because two warlocks, no matter how speced, will not progress past 1300.

I cant help but bring your 2k exp into question considering the idiocy of this question.
    The issue is not the 2 locks but the disc healer, there is a dbl lock holy pally in the 2700s
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.