Should I stay blood or switch to frost tank?

Now I've been a blood tank since the starting area of dk and been doing fairly good with tanking heros but have had a little trouble with a few larger group mobs and was wondering if I should stick with blood or change to frost for snap aggro? I'll link armory and I've got a Nighttime( http://www.wowhead.com/item=50191 ) and a Red Sword of Courage ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=37401 ) in my bags atm. If I should stay blood should I keep Marrowstrike ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=47522 ) for the added avoidance or switch to Tyrannical Beheaded ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=50267 ) for the more stam?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...z&cn=Undeadedd

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Should I stay blood or switch to frost tank?

With the current "just aoe everything" mentality you're probably better off with Frost in heroics the snap aggro of a glyphed HB together with dnd+bb should glue a pack to you for the 5 second it stays alive. The better your gear gets, the easier it should get to keep threat in blood. But at the beginnig you're prolly netter off with frost edit: borth 2h will get the job done, but the beheader is slitghly better

Ya I figured stam > avoidance but thought I'd ask anyway just to see opinions. Probably will go frost just to try it out and see which I like better. Was mainly blood cuz there's more 2hers when you lvl. It's just difficult having to tab targets to get a mob off a dps when everyone is on a different mob lol. Takes like 2 or 3 secs to get threat back but then someone else gets aggro and have to do it over again on another mob. Not worried about bosses very rare someone can pull a boss off me since threat goes up pretty quick with blood tank and can always use hysteria to boost threat.

Oh and would it be better to go 2h frost or dw frost tank?

10+ Year Old Account

Would you go DW frost, or 2h frost if you'd go DPS?

The same answer is true for tanking.

I've been mainly 2her on my horde dk but haven't really played him that much so he's not that geared. My horde dks unholy since he doesn't have the arp to go blood and tried dw a long time ago but wasn't geared enough to do that much dps so went with unholy. So I guess I'd be better off 2h frost tanking then?

10+ Year Old Account

Good answer.

I'll give you a tip: if you have two good, slow one handers, go DW. If you don't, or you want IIT, go 2h.

I went the other way around actually and didn't notice too much difference. I actually like Blood better because there's so much utility I can use for survival. DS heals are always a plus. I think it saved me 2-3 times last night on H Lootship when the add got HUGE. Mark of Blood, Vampiric Blood, and Hysteria are way too fun.

What's your rotation like for Blood AoE tanking?

Just got one Nighttime atm since I ran a H FOS and no one needed it so I'll gust slap a stam gem in the Beheader and put the gargoyle rune wep on it and try out frost. Probably end up regeming once I get most of the badge gear but for now stam stacking works for me. Whats the best cooking food to use? Been using the 2 quest food rewards for the stam to use em up but now think I ran out or have like 3 left lol.

I use DnD - IT - PS - Pest - BB I think.

Hmm....weird. I use the same rotation and don't have problems on heroics AOE pulls. Oh yeah, I used Rhinolicious Wormsteaks for the expertise + stam before I got the gear I have now. Currently I am eating the Fish Feast or the Dragonfin Filet.....

hmm... Maybe it's just a gear issue then. Only have most of the norm toc gear, offset badge shoulders, tier chest and the sigil atm. Farmed norm toc 2 days didn't see the stupid tank trink once so I'm just gonna farm badges for a bit and get the gear then hop back in there to try and get it.

You can safely go DW with IIT now. Just take the points out of assorted threat talents. You'll still pull ridiculous threat.

I've been running as DW with IIT ever since 3.3.3. and I'll probably stay this way till Cataclysm. Threat is through the roof.

to my knowledge frost 2h tanking is dead. if u want a aoe spec for 2h tanking unholy/blood is way to go. frost tanking atm more setup for dw tanking in which u want 2 slow dps weapons not any current 1h tanking weapons as thier speed is to fast

10+ Year Old Account

Correction, 2h frost DPS is dead. 2h frost tanking is okay-ish (though, DW is better), but it's not as bad as 2h frost dps.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Dream&n=Arelin

Be a man, have two tank specs.

:P