Thread: WTF RAWR

WTF RAWR

I was looking at rawr and comparing things, and at first it looked like it was telling me to replace my reckless ametrines with potent, and so I regemmed a few of them, and then loaded rawr up later, and looking at some other pieces of gear, its telling me to use reckless again. Anyone know what the hell it is doing?

Re: WTF RAWR

keeping you on your tippy toes

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    keeping you on your tippy toes
    this

Well maybe something is wrong.
    Yesterday I was checking gear options, and with marked misery, even after I've reached 18% hit (+3% misery) hit was shown as best gem xD
    dunno about it.
    And ye - crit was very highly rated

In looking here at the fire pve faq, it says to gem for 12 sp 10 crit once crit = 1.2 spell power, but I don't know what value that starts, anyone? It seems like with the 2 piece tier 10, having more crit means more chances to get hotstreak, which means more uptime for the 12% haste, so shouldn't gemming sp/crit always be better until you are crit capped?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty
    In looking here at the fire pve faq, it says to gem for 12 sp 10 crit once crit = 1.2 spell power, but I don't know what value that starts, anyone? It seems like with the 2 piece tier 10, having more crit means more chances to get hotstreak, which means more uptime for the 12% haste, so shouldn't gemming sp/crit always be better until you are crit capped?
    no. for fire, you need to keep haste and crit relatively equal, meaning unlike arcane, you can't simply stack one stat in forfeit of the other and at lower gear levels, spellpower trumps both. roughly speaking, crit will start to out-pace haste once you have 1k haste and above 1k crit. crit will start out-scaling spellpower soon there after, as long as you don't start losing anything.
    BfA Beta Time

I dunno about rawr sometimes. I was checking out my hunter, to see which legs were better, and it told me to regem all of my agility to straight haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    no. for fire, you need to keep haste and crit relatively equal, meaning unlike arcane, you can't simply stack one stat in forfeit of the other and at lower gear levels, spellpower trumps both. roughly speaking, crit will start to out-pace haste once you have 1k haste and above 1k crit. crit will start out-scaling spellpower soon there after, as long as you don't start losing anything.
    TY, I have 912 haste, and around 40% crit for fire spells, and just a shade under 3k sp self buffed.

15+ Year Old Account

I have problems with RAWR as well, even though it's the newest version. It seems the mage dps calculator is still off. I'm sure that etting my 4pc t10 isn't a loss of 200-300 dps. That's insane.

Rawr is stupid imo, all that mages have to do is gem straight sp/haste. You only need two blue gems to get your meta socket bonus and then everything else that has a blue socket should be replaced with 23sp gems. Always gem yellow with sp/haste. Don't believe in what rawr tells you. Never gem hit or spirit, wtf is 10 spirit going to do for a mage? If you need hit, change your gear...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alborosie
    Rawr is stupid imo, all that mages have to do is gem straight sp/haste. You only need two blue gems to get your meta socket bonus and then everything else that has a blue socket should be replaced with 23sp gems. Always gem yellow with sp/haste. Don't believe in what rawr tells you. Never gem hit or spirit, wtf is 10 spirit going to do for a mage? If you need hit, change your gear...

would you like a banana daiquiri on that cruise in crazy country?
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted

yeah, common sense here, rather than blindly believing calculators.

Ive had many doubts about rawr, so I deleted it. Its better to just get the piece and compare them in a DPS race fight

The thing about RAWR is, as soon as you change a gem or piece of gear, it instantly changes the optimization for you and just goes around in a big circle.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    The thing about RAWR is, as soon as you change a gem or piece of gear, it instantly changes the optimization for you and just goes around in a big circle.
    not true. this only happens if the gem or piece of gear you replace severely cripples one stat in favor of another and puts you below a certain threshold it finds acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Ive had many doubts about rawr, so I deleted it. Its better to just get the piece and compare them in a DPS race fight
    yeah, then you realize you are terrible at your class and make all sorts of wrong choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig
    yeah, common sense here, rather than blindly believing calculators.
    your common sense can work around the complex algorithms that WoW uses to calculate damage? damn, toss me some of that bud baby doll.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Vismund
    I dunno about rawr sometimes. I was checking out my hunter, to see which legs were better, and it told me to regem all of my agility to straight haste.
    If you check the version notes you will see hunters haven't been updated or supported since tbc. That's why the hunter model is off.

Deleted

1st - Check if "enforce gem something" is On, put it Off.
    2nd - Check if you have all the buffs you normally have.
    3rd - Dont change all the gems at the same time, keep changing slowly because you can get to one "cap" and dont need more Haste/crit...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Somaa
    If you check the version notes you will see hunters haven't been updated or supported since tbc. That's why the hunter model is off.
    That is incorrect. Jothey has been trying to keep the Hunter module as relatively up-to-date as possible. He's been doing that since about December or January or so. I'm not 100% sure it's as detailed as say Shandaras' WotLK Spreadsheet. But it does a decent job. Also with the Hunter module, you may need to check the pet talent try and buffs to see if any of them are selected. This could be affecting the dps on it.

As for those who are bashing RAWR, all it is is a tool to help people who don't know how to gem/gear their toons to do so for them. It's not an end-all-be all tool. If you want to be sure of your gear set, just load up your RAWR file into Simulationcraft. If both favor one set over then go with the higher set. It's that easy. RAWR supplies the gear, while Simulationcraft supplies the ability to see what your possible dps should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    yeah, then you realize you are terrible at your class and make all sorts of wrong choices.
    So, if you don't use Rawr, your bad at your class and make all bad choices?..
    And what's with the hostiality, there's no need to bed mad.. Chill down and relax..
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathos
    So, if you don't use Rawr, your bad at your class and make all bad choices?..
    And what's with the hostiality, there's no need to bed mad.. Chill down and relax..
    hostiality? the hell...chill down? how does one "chill down"? should i chill out or calm down?

anyway, i didn't say people who don't use RAWR are bad at their class (reading comprehension for the win), i said that someone trying to compare their DPS on a stand-and-plant fight may be bad at their class and will skew their results as such.

the sky is blue and the earth orbits around the sun.
    BfA Beta Time