Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The Problem ((As I see it))

Or make lich king accessible from the start but the fight is exponentially harder for certain bosses still alive and you'd still have to kill the bosses prior to them to get to the certain boss, examples:

If saurfang still alive, lich king will cast mark of the fallen champion.
    If putricide still alive, he will drop puddles of ooze and those orange flasks, sorry forget name.
    If blood queen still alive he would cast the pact and fire skills.
    If Sindragosa still up he would drop frost tombs and do blistering cold.
    Basicly every minute of the fight he would pick a different skill available to his arsenal if the bosses were still up.

And make acheivements too for killing Lich king while Saurfang is still alive.

They should do stuff like this for future content.

Quote Originally Posted by Phattopia
    Or make lich king accessible from the start but the fight is exponentially harder for certain bosses still alive and you'd still have to kill the bosses prior to them to get to the certain boss, examples:

If putricide still alive, he will drop puddles of ooze and those orange flasks, sorry forget name.
    Basicly every minute of the fight he would pick a different skill available to his arsenal if the bosses were still up.

that would awesome or if the bosses make cameos in the fight to help out not like join full out but do special attacks to help and Tirion would hold them off or something instead of being encased in ICE

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    Please note the sig of the OP.
    I'm wondering if I should get a bigger sig lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    I'm wondering if I should get a bigger sig lol
    Nah, I think a lot of people block images from zetbit because its just for people to show off mediocre titles from their sub-100 guilds

In ICC everyone said it was stupid that the LK waited until we killed his army and his generals to fight us, but truth be told i've played a LOT of games in the past and well every "raid" boss every "end game" boss every "super special awesome boss" does the same thing "oh no you killed my forces"+(and excuse for letting you kill them<optional>) then we fight. And to be honest I've played wow for a long time and it's not the lore that bores me, it's not the boss mechn., it's not the challenge, it's that it always seems like it HAS to follow that structure and to be honest every game out there does it too. So I don't know it might be just me anyone kinda know what I'm talking about?

TLTR:Why not a villain that says fuck it army v raid.?
    advice before posting:<LOOK AT THE SIG BEFORE YOU SAY I HAVEN'T KILL LK> [sorry for caps but some people are blind]
    lol, yeah. Sterotypical badguy: HUAH HUAH YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS ARE PATHETIC AND YOU CANNOT BEAT ME BECAUSE I AM UNBEATABLE. HUAH HUAH HUAH HU- OUGH NO WHAT IS THIS? NO THIS CANNOT BE! I WILL NOW THROW MYSELF AT YOU IN MY MOST WEAKENED STATE. NOOOOOOOOOOO. MY LIFE LONG AMBITIONS AT WORLD DOMINATION HAVE BEEN FOILED.

In Arthas' defense however, you come to find out that the reason the Scourge didn't just pour over every corner of the world was because the last sliver of his soul still exsisted and held himself back.

Quote Originally Posted by Phattopia

Already existed Zulgurub, Hakkar use others bosses powers, very funny when you directly skip to him and keep get stun, cc, etc

In ICC everyone said it was stupid that the LK waited until we killed his army and his generals to fight us, but truth be told i've played a LOT of games in the past and well every "raid" boss every "end game" boss every "super special awesome boss" does the same thing "oh no you killed my forces"+(and excuse for letting you kill them<optional>) then we fight. And to be honest I've played wow for a long time and it's not the lore that bores me, it's not the boss mechn., it's not the challenge, it's that it always seems like it HAS to follow that structure and to be honest every game out there does it too. So I don't know it might be just me anyone kinda know what I'm talking about?

TLTR:Why not a villain that says fuck it army v raid.?
    advice before posting:<LOOK AT THE SIG BEFORE YOU SAY I HAVEN'T KILL LK> [sorry for caps but some people are blind]
    The armies are fighting. The Lich King's army is fighting the argent crusade/Knights of the ebon blade, in all off ice crown. All the quest you do in ice crown is pretty the war that leads you to the gates of ICC.

You have to remember, lore wise your character is the “hero” of the game. Your not an average every day soldier.

Even going back to the beginning, at lvl 70 you land and invade Northrend. You fight your way to Dalaran, then you fight your way through ICC to ICC.

You help the argent crusade break into northrend and set up their base, then help them establish the coliseum. You help the knights of the ebon blade take out the Ymir generals, the fleshwerks and break open the 2nd and 3rd gates to ICC. You wipe out all of the standing dk’s in ICC. Then once Tirions forces breach the gates of ICC, you are part of the strike force sent into ICC to kill Arthas.

Lore wise, all the quests that are going are taking months to occur. You’ve spent 10 seasons in northrend fighting in ICC (Assume each level is 1 season).

Quote Originally Posted by moguri
    Nah, I think a lot of people block images from zetbit because its just for people to show off mediocre titles from their sub-100 guilds
    ROFL you just made my month, hehe I got the sig so when I post on strats and achievements I have some credit to back me up

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho69
    Lore wise, all the quests that are going are taking months to occur. You’ve spent 10 seasons in northrend fighting in ICC (Assume each level is 1 season).
    Like I said lore wise it makes sense but it still feels like "excuse to let you kill my army and generals" I don't know it might be just me

raid (rd)
    n.
    1. A surprise attack by a small armed force.
    2. A sudden forcible entry into a place by police: a raid on a gambling den.
    3. An entrance into another's territory for the purpose of seizing goods or valuables.
    4. A predatory operation mounted against a competitor, especially an attempt to lure away the personnel or membership of a competing organization.
    5. An attempt to seize control of a company, as by acquiring a majority of its stock.
    6. An attempt by speculators to drive stock prices down by coordinated selling.
    v. raid·ed, raid·ing, raids
    v.tr.
    To make a raid on.
    v.intr.
    To conduct a raid or participate in one.

this is why its not army vs army

Quote Originally Posted by stillboredatwork
    raid (rd)
    n.
    5. An attempt to seize control of a company, as by acquiring a majority of its stock.
    Wanna Raid Bro? :P

ROFL you just made my month, hehe I got the sig so when I post on strats and achievements I have some credit to back me up
    The kingslayer title might be a big deal on your backwoods server, but on most its about as common as "of the nightfall" or "the patient". I wouldn't take advice from a dude who's guild just barely killed PP-HM last week.

The kingslayer title might be a big deal on your backwoods server, but on most its about as common as "of the nightfall" or "the patient". I wouldn't take advice from a dude who's guild just barely killed PP-HM last week.
    Never offered you any :P

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun
    Already existed Zulgurub, Hakkar use others bosses powers, very funny when you directly skip to him and keep get stun, cc, etc
    pretty sure it stop there in the scale of "army or general powers" and to be honest old world raids were awesome just because Blizz was still getting the RTS taste off

Brock2525

lmao, what a douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    lmao, what a douchebag
    ya you'll see a lot of them just get off topic and start insulting people best to just ignore them imo they might be nice guys that are just in a bad mood or something like that

While army v army would be cool, a client server based system wouldn't be able to handle it, and half the raiders out heir couldn't do it because their computers would take a crap.
    as far as boss abilities and being a BAMF:
    I am a fan of the idea that deathwing kills anyone in a zone on your server if a group wipes to his heroic mode though. (being pulled from a different topic, don't feel like looking for it). would it be a problem, yes, annoying, yes, abused, of course. funny, no doubt.

The kingslayer title might be a big deal on your backwoods server, but on most its about as common as "of the nightfall" or "the patient".
    Lmao so true.

Blizzards excuse for arthas doing this is so he can raise us as his strongest warriors. The real reason a villain doesn't attack any threat with the full force they posses is for a couple of reasons, the first being that in movies/comics etc if the villain did that then the heroes would die pretty quickly and then that just doesn't make a good story does it? (If you have seen Kickass think of the first time he tries to fight, that is what would happen.) The seconed reason for WoW is that it is just too much for a single encounter mechanic i guess, fighting arthas with like 1000 scourge by his side would be pretty crazy and most computers probably can't handle that. (I mean i was already expecting the arthas encounter to be epic with a bunch of NPC's to fight by our side but instead they gave us this lame encounter because it is just easier for the designers to do.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6yX02id7E

the train of thought for the LK

Here's how I would have done it:

You go through all this trash. Clear all the bosses up to LK. And in some grand corridor before LK, you are charged by an army of ghouls, gargoyles, and such. Huuge AOE fest. Now, you walk into the LK's lair and he laughs. He raises Frostmourne, and he resurrects all of bosses, plus that small army you just killed. Now, the LK isn't a endless fount of power, so he is drained from this, and therefore does weaker damage for ~6 minutes. You have 6 minutes to kill weakened versions of each boss you had to fight, each with some version of their original abilities. You slaughter this onslaught of forces and then you engage the LK. You have as much time after this massive killfest to damage Arthas. At the end of the 6 minutes, Arthas regenerates his former strength and he resumes the fight as normal.