Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: how to find good guild if you can't attend 50% of raids ?

Quote Originally Posted by aramco007
    its not about how much ach points i have m8
    my last real pve progress was Realm first Golry of Ulduar raider 10-25.
    That's exactly my point, your character has the scarab lord title yet you don't know anything about the questions you're asking...

I could be wrong, but I dont think you have told us your raid times. On my server, there are plenty of guilds with different raid times. Some are from 5-8, others from 7-10, and some from 1 am-4 am. There is bound to be a guild that has raid times to your setting. Go to your server forums on the official forums and ask there for a guild with your raid times.

(If you do, put [A] or [H] in the title, depending on the faction. (Judging from your sig, you would put [H]).
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

You do realise people will not stay in your guild if you go with your idea. No one would want to be in a guild where he GM does nothing to help lead the guild, only shows up 50% of the time, but gets a gaurenteed raid spot and loot whenever he does show. I have led a serious end game guild and even when it's fair and successfully, there are still plenty complaints, crys and bitching, imagine what would happen in your circumstance!

I miss my vanilla/TBC glory days too, but nothing lasts forever. We all have to move on. Enjoy some of the lighter aspects of the game; solo questing/achievement farming, 5-man heoics, BGs, leveling alts and even pug raids. I can only pug these days and I have still managed to obtain 10/12 experience on 2 different toons.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    I could be wrong, but I dont think you have told us your raid times. On my server, there are plenty of guilds with different raid times. Some are from 5-8, others from 7-10, and some from 1 am-4 am. There is bound to be a guild that has raid times to your setting. Go to your server forums on the official forums and ask there for a guild with your raid times.

(If you do, put [A] or [H] in the title, depending on the faction. (Judging from your sig, you would put [H]).
    I think your missing the point here...

As much as I don't agree with the OP's opinions or level of intelligence, he isn't saying he can't make set raid times. He is a shift worker, one day he could work 6pm-4am and th nex he could work 9am to 5pm. He can't find a guild that says "we raid shift raid times to work around police officers". He would only know on a week to week basis what raids he can and can't make, regardless of what time the guild raids.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kenchii
    You do realise people will not stay in your guild if you go with your idea. No one would want to be in a guild where he GM does nothing to help lead the guild, only shows up 50% of the time, but gets a gaurenteed raid spot and loot whenever he does show. I have led a serious end game guild and even when it's fair and successfully, there are still plenty complaints, crys and bitching, imagine what would happen in your circumstance!

I miss my vanilla/TBC glory days too, but nothing lasts forever. We all have to move on. Enjoy some of the lighter aspects of the game; solo questing/achievement farming, 5-man heoics, BGs, leveling alts and even pug raids. I can only pug these days and I have still managed to obtain 10/12 experience on 2 different toons.
    ^ said exactly what I was thinking.

It may not be your fault you can only attend 50%, but what you're saying is that you want a guaranteed spot meaning you will have to kick someone else out of the raid for the 50% you can be on, not to mention that if you raid only 50% of the time and trying to use dkp your gear will fall far behind the gear of others in the raid. That means that when you do show up and put yourself in the raid you will be forcing the others to carry you as well since your gear will have fallen so far behind every one else because of your low dkp from only 50% attendance.

get into a very good hardcore guild, raid hardcore with them for some weeks, then tell them you have to "leave wow" for a short period of time, because of real life issues. If you convinced them in your trial phase that you have skill, they will put you on friend status and never kick you, while you can still come to raids every now and then.
    I used to do that because these days casual guilds don't get very far in terms of progression, but hardcore guilds don't understand how a normal person still has a life outside of wow.

10+ Year Old Account

You do realise people will not stay in your guild if you go with your idea. No one would want to be in a guild where he GM does nothing to help lead the guild, only shows up 50% of the time, but gets a gaurenteed raid spot and loot whenever he does show.
    There's a guild on my server that was like that called The Eternal Watch, the guildleader Mithoron never raided, but when he did (usually when the guild finally got to new progression or a new instance) he'd show up and get carried until he was bored and repeat. He also though was one of those FOTXpac players. BC came out he rolled a shammy (alliance) wrath came out he rolled a DK, he was horrible at both. He'd also reset the EPGP when a new instance came out if he realized he was too far behind to catch up and win gear.

In the end, most of us HATED HIM! And we ended to form our own more successfull (at raiding) guild.

It depends what level of guild you want.

No endgame raiding guild is going to really want you.
    You might be able to get into some kind of casual raiding guild, probably making 7-8 maybe a little further in icc.

Making a new guild sounds like a bad idea, it's a lot of work and if you're slacking as GM you'll just piss people off.

Either join a casual guild and hope they don't suck too bad, or find a server that has decent pugs and join those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    get into a very good hardcore guild, raid hardcore with them for some weeks, then tell them you have to "leave wow" for a short period of time, because of real life issues. If you convinced them in your trial phase that you have skill, they will put you on friend status and never kick you, while you can still come to raids every now and then.
    I used to do that because these days casual guilds don't get very far in terms of progression, but hardcore guilds don't understand how a normal person still has a life outside of wow.
    Another post that lacks rational thinking. To do that, he would have to take holidays from his work. Going by his situation I'm assuming he's only recently became a police officer so they wouldn't be too happy abou him wanting time off or taking sick days. And I'm pretty sure the police department would not take "I need time off to raid hardcore so I can earn a place in this guild on WoW" as a valid excuse..

A few of the people in my weekly icc 25 are pretty much in your situation. raiders who just dont have the time anymore and some who got tired of "hard core" raiding for whatever reason.
    Some are alts of raiders (myself included for these raids) but most are what you'd call good casual players (in some cases great even).

It's nothing too impressive, we get two days a week (7-10) and just now working on LK phase 2.

I see plenty of "weekly raids" being announced and i guess that results vary a lot depending on who's leading and attending but there would be at least a core of players in most of these who attend (almost) every week.

Sometimes you're just overrun with people who think standing near tanks on marrow is a great way to make him more of a challenge is a great idea but in most cases these "weekly raids" are more likely to do well than your average i-know-no-one-pug.

I suggest talking to people who lead these raids about getting a spot and see how it goes.

TL;DR: weekly raids > entirely random pugs, try to find one of those to join
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

I think your missing the point here...

As much as I don't agree with the OP's opinions or level of intelligence, he isn't saying he can't make set raid times. He is a shift worker, one day he could work 6pm-4am and th nex he could work 9am to 5pm. He can't find a guild that says "we raid shift raid times to work around police officers". He would only know on a week to week basis what raids he can and can't make, regardless of what time the guild raids.
    Oh, my bad. I wasn't sure on what he meant by shift worker. I thought he meant he worked graveyard because thats what one of my guildies says.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Woah.. Scarab Lord, really?

sorry i forgot to mention that i got kicked from casual guild cos i declined 3 events.

Quote Originally Posted by aramco007
    sorry i forgot to mention that i got kicked from casual guild cos i declined 3 events.
    Then it was a retarded casual guild that is not so casual. A normal casual guild doesn't care if you dont show up, especially if they know your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufferr
    Woah.. Scarab Lord, really?
    Exactly... does no one else find it fishy that he has all of these vanilla and BC achievements yet has no clue about how to find a more casual guild for himself and posts about it on here?

Deleted

Kanya?