Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warrior Vs Frost mage... HOW?!

Hey guys, I am having a really big problem with frost mages as a warrior. I charge, I get nova'd/frozen in place, they go to cast, I use spell reflect, I charge again, they again freeze me in place, cast cast, that hurt! I charge again, i'm frozen, spell reflect, etc etc until eventually I am killed. Now, basically what I'm asking is how the #(%@ do you kill a mage when he can just freeze you in place at pretty much any stage, and then even when you get out you still have a slowing debuff on you. I just can't get enough time to kill them before I am frozen solid and they blink again.

Enlighten me as to some strats and what I am doing wrong. Pretty much any other class I have no issues with..

Deleted

Re: Warrior Vs Frost mage... HOW?!

Use intercept.

When I say charge I am including intercept.

use some lube on your anus to make it less painful. Seriously if the frost mage knows what he is doing you are screwed period end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a good idea to keep rend up on him, that's a start since you won't be able to get close for attacks, whenever you are close the first thing you should do is rend.

This video may be a little dated, but it should help a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaScgXR4lI
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

start wit itercept, hamstring, rend, spell reflect if you gt frozen, save 1 of your charge/intercepts for if he blinks..th way if your arms you can charge bladestorm...if your prot you have lots of silences & CC..if your furious then i hope you it in the bum :P

so here it is, he is playing as he is designed; stay away from the Big Bad Plate guy right there trying to hack you in twain with his gigantic FF-esque 2h weapon. and you are there eating frostbolts to the face, whatever will you do when a heroic casting class is released? while that amuses me, ill throw you a bone here and try to help you out;

If a mage is wrecking you, its time to go back to basics, may i suggest reading your ability tooltips to learn what they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

yeah i'm arms, thanks for the replies so far

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez
    so here it is, he is playing as he is designed; stay away from the Big Bad Plate guy right there trying to hack you in twain with his gigantic FF-esque 2h weapon. and you are there eating frostbolts to the face, whatever will you do when a heroic casting class is released? while that amuses me, ill throw you a bone here and try to help you out;

If a mage is wrecking you, its time to go back to basics, may i suggest reading your ability tooltips to learn what they do?
    thanks mate, really enlightening

That video is out dated a bit to much. If a frost mage is fighting you now and he has really good pvp gear you are probably screwed if he has any clue as to what he is doing. Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez

If the mage is retarded the warrior cannot win.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    use some lube on your anus to make it less painful. Seriously if the frost mage knows what he is doing you are screwed period end of story.
    not really.

never charge at the start of combat, run to him and apply hamstring, if he freezes and runs, he wont get far, if he blinks, you charge. Keep hamstring up at all times and just faceroll him.

Deleted

Sometimes there are difficulties:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrs7LnmdNy8

On a more serious note, people who say warriors don't have ANY chance against frost mages are living in TBC. I'd say rogues have it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    That was amusing.
    Note to self: sit deep freeze for 2 sec, THEN trinket it.

Deleted

Seems some good advice from that vid, hopefully it wasn't just a cry for attention

Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Sometimes there are difficulties:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrs7LnmdNy8

On a more serious note, people who say warriors don't have ANY chance against frost mages are living in TBC. I'd say rogues have it worse.
    While that is true, a mage still shouldn't lose to a warrior, save for retarded RNG losses (dropping to 40% in the intercept stun)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Frost Mage = Paper
    Warrior = Rock

The answer is right there..
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

15+ Year Old Account

Unless you're a protection Warrior, It's a sad case of rock paper scissors. However I'm not saying it is not possible to win, just the situation given is in a Frost Mage' favor.

If you are that desperate to defeat a Frost Mage 1vs1. Going protection is the answer. That spec is a caster EZmode