Thread: 'Nilla realms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 'Nilla realms

Jesus H christ, people really don't think two steps forward.

Everyone would HATE IT, because everyone are used to seeing all the GOOD content in WotLK and not seeing the buggy, boring tank and spank bosses in vanilla. You have your level 60 instances all over the vanilla world on live, go raid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I was hoping for 'Nilla Wafers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    Jesus H christ, people really don't think two steps forward.

Everyone would HATE IT, because everyone are used to seeing all the GOOD content in WotLK and not seeing the buggy, boring tank and spank bosses in vanilla. You have your level 60 instances all over the vanilla world on live, go raid them.
    to not talk about the pvp... endless farm!

This hasn't been posted before....

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Old WoW was boring as hell. MC was beyond boring. Rep farming was boring. Levelling was boring. Doing the same 3 instances for a few blues was (you guessed it!) boring.

I for one never want to go back to old WoW. If I were to be magically transported back in time to when WoW was fresh and new, I'd skip it. Coz it was boring.
    So whats differnet with current wow? Rep grind, level grind, doing the same 10-12 instances over and over for badges to get gear is boring, naxx is beyond boring, uldar is ok, ToC is boring, and icc is ok i guess.

Nothing has changed since vanilla, nothing will change.

People tried to do this with Star Wars Galaxies. No.Plain and simple, No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    "Can you handle the Paperwork please?"
    "The only escape is death..."
    "Umm, ok, but would you mind? It's not much, really."
    "Stick Around!"
    "I'd love to, but i've gotta get back to the meeting"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!
    *Marrowgar knocks the paperwork off the desk in rage*

Quote Originally Posted by lucadia
    So whats differnet with current wow? Rep grind, level grind, doing the same 10-12 instances over and over for badges to get gear is boring, naxx is beyond boring, uldar is ok, ToC is boring, and icc is ok i guess.

Nothing has changed since vanilla, nothing will change.
    There is more content, more things to do, and more things that aren't boring.

Rep grind, no one is forcing you to do that to raid properly. Ashen verdict is up to exalted within a week without effort.

Level grind? Why would you GRIND to level? If you want to play the game to level, then enjoy it as it is. What's the rush anyway?

Doing the same 10-12 instances is boring? There are MANY different ways to get gear, RAID, ARGENT TOURNAMENT, FACTIONS that you can buy gear from as soon as you complete a couple of quests when you level. Questing..

Naxx is very old, yes it is boring and has always been boring, why would you even go there except for weekly that takes 10 minutes?
    Ulduar is the best raid instance in WoW history in my opinion.
    ToC is boring yes, it was a filler raid and no one is forcing you to raid it anymore.
    Icc is okay, yes, that is the main raid today, if you dislike it so much, why are you even bothering to raid?

Alot of things have changed since vanilla, and everything WILL change, THANK GOD. No more useless non constructive posts from you please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No..

Plain and simple.. The game was nowhere near the balance it is now.. People forget the shit things from Vanilla..

Just make a level 60 toon, gather up some friends and go do 60 stuff

Did...

did...

did he actually wrote... 'Nilla?

Quote Originally Posted by SoAutoshot
    when they were actually fun/entertaining.
    When they where WHAT?

15+ Year Old Account

Just wondering...How many people would love for blizzard to make "Old world" realms, inwhich the lvl cap was 60, all the old raid instances were still there and had yet to be nerfed.

I just seem to think it would be pretty epic to walk back into Naxx 40/Molten Core when they were actually fun/entertaining.

To be able to get old tier and have a real use for it. To walk into ZG/LbRs and still get the epic feeling.

Sooooooo boys and girls.

Would you play on one of these realms?
    one time i heard there was a search function and that this topic has been brought up a billion times before

but then i forgot.

10+ Year Old Account

i understand the idea, and for alot of us that never did vanilla at 60 seem like an interesting idea but

its the past!

i would also like to see Starwars when they just came out and the Fx's were new and before they added all the new stuff and FX's

but its also the past

at least i got to see the remastered versions of Starwars and at least i got to play wow before it died ....oh oh wile we are bringing old stuff back lets all play EQ i heard it was epic at its time !!!

Deleted

No. Just.. No

imagine it, after 1 year with the "classic server" everyone would be level

1. At least spell the world Vanilla out in your title, its 2 letters extra, don't be a lazy ass.

2. This thread has been posted many times, learn to search engine.

3. It's a bad idea in the first place, realms with no maintenance or fresh content is a terrible idea, combined with all the bugs and glitches that were present in the original WoW.
    STD's are BOP

15+ Year Old Account

Would you play on one of these realms?
    If I had my old guild at the time, every single person, and had my memory of BC and wotlk erased so that I didn't know about how much better they were, then yes.

if you want vanilla content so bad, turn exp off on a 60 and go raid. guilds exist out there for just that purpose, the only active and healthy one i know of is Screams of the Past on Draka realm, alliance.

or if that sounds terrible, go buy all the high warlord gear for your class with honor, grab the 50-ish greens\blues in the AH (replace this as you go along) and replace all your abilities with downranked ones available at 60 and lower, get some guildies and run that vanilla content till you want to die because that content was mind numbing after the 2nd hour of the 30-ish raid you've done.

i'd rather /wrists and do push-ups in gasoline with a lit match in my teeth than pay for the ability to play at 60 and have the headache that was keeping together a 40-man for 5 hours a raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

For the past couple weeks my guild has been running 10 man AQ40's for fun. were there a vanilla realm, I would roll a character so I could experiance these raids the way they were meant to be experianced.

Also, watching videos of MC was the reason I started playing WoW, so i'd love to really experience that

15+ Year Old Account

so 10 15 ppl here dont like it so it must never happen!

the thing is there will be ppl who will play such a server.

also with this sever they could get a almost perfect balance seens there will never be new levels gear or skills. so it would make a great pvp realm.

same with glitches they could almost all them on the server...there nothing new to mess stuff up .

and they dont need to make like millions of these servers just one maybe two.

we would be happy nothing would of change for you...its win win...unless your a ass who thinks if i dont want it , it must never be!

maybe even charge a extra 1 or 2 $ a month for ppl who want to use it (if there going be cheap asses about it)
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

No.

Alright maybe I wasn't clear, I did not say that blizz should create this kind of realm, simply because, its the past....it has been done...

however, the question was would you play on a server like what I described. The simple yes or no is what I was looking for, and thank you to those who answered. XD

"Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away"

No, because Im not one of the people wearing rose colored glasses.

Id love for these servers to go live so people can get a reminder or how Vanilla really was.

before teh boring raids even came into play, 90% of people would be out of the equation because pugging 40 people is near impossible.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us