Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Icc 25 ninja fail

So this weekend my friend finally managed to drag me in icc 25, it was a half pug/guild run, my friend was a part of the guild, and I was a part of the random players.
    Luckily, I was at my friends house and we had our computers set up so he told me everything I needed to know.
    We started the run and easily downed Marrowgar, he dropped the caster belt which is slightly better then the frost emblem belt that I have.
    I passed on the belt as it was a huge upgrade for another caster.
    We continued to deathwhisper and killed her easily, the Nibelung staff dropped and both me and my friend needed it.
    I rolled 64 and for about a minute it looked like I was going to get it as everyone rolled lower then me.
    Suddenly, about 30 seconds after everyone had rolled a shadow priest rolled 100 and won it.
    I became a bit suspicious and inspected the shadow priest and saw that he had Nibelung fully enchanted and gemed.
    I was surprised that he had managed to enchant and gem it so fast, but just thought that he had to be one of those guys that always got enchants and gems ready in their inventory.
    During the trash fight towards gunship I heard my friend laugh out loud, so I looked at his screen to see what was so funny. It turned out that the guild leader of my friends guild, which also was the raid leader and master looter, told the shadow priest to need on the staff and give it to my friend, which he did.
    During the gunship fight we argued about what to do with the staff, so I started blackmailing my friend and told him to give me 10k gold for me to forget about the ninja.
    he agreed to give me 10k gold before the end of the month.
    The gunship event dropped some kind of cloth head, but I was to upset to roll on it.
    We killed deathbringer and continued to Rotface.
    Rotface was a bit tricky as a big part of the raid screwed up with the oozes, but we did manage to kill him and the spell caster trinket dropped (Dislodged Foreign Object).
    Now before the raid my friend told me that if the trinket dropped and I won it, I was supposed to give it to him.
    I won the roll on the trinket and the shadow priest that had rolled for the Nibelung rolled second highest after me.
    The guild/raid leader knew that this was a really good trinket and really wanted it to be in his guild, so he started finding excuses for not giving it to me like asking how many loots I had revieved, but the fun part was that I hadn't recieved any loots, so the raid leader was forced to give it to me or he would've been marked as a ninja and ruined a lot for his guild.
    I got the trinket and my friend and I agreed that if I gave him the trinket, and he gave me that staff, I would forget the fact that he owed me 10k gold.
    Now both me and my friend were happy, but the shadow priest that rolled 100 on Nibelung, and second highest on the trinket had to leave the raid empty handed.

You probably didn't understand anything of what I just said, but here is a short version.
    Short version: If the Shadow Priest had ignored the order from his guild master to roll on Nibelung and give it to my friend, I would have won it, and then the raid leader would have had a reason not to give me the trinket from Rotface, and given it to the shadow priest instead. Now I run around with my Nibelung, my friend runs around with his trinket, and the shadow priest got nothing.

So the moral of this story kids, is to not ninja loot or roll on something you don't need.

Deleted

Re: Icc 25 ninja fail

Do you really need such a massive text wall to say "ninja = bad" (which everyone already knows, anyways)?

You were lucky, i'll give you that. Most of those stories generally just end bad. If you had gotten the staff from the start however, and then won the trinket things may have turned out a bit differently.

Congratulations on your upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    my eyes.... the goggles do nothing
    Thank you for providing an opinion that doesn't resemble the contents of the text as it is readable.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

lol at first while i was reading this i was like "wtf whens the good part?" but after u explained it i realized that its actually really ironic/funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton
    Thank you for providing an opinion that doesn't resemble the contents of the text as it is readable.
    yea that wall of text looked like a joy to read :

I have seen the light
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

You seem like a nice friend, blackmailing your friends to give you 10k and stuff :/

Screw Nibelung and keep the DFO imo truly an awesome trinket
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

awesome... I JUST READ IT ALL!

Sorry, man, but your story is still lame. The fact that you both got what you wanted has NOTHING TO DO with the fact that you both literally ninja'd from the rest of the raid. Making agreements to roll on something and then give it to your friend? It's not outright being a ninja, but essentially, what the shadow priest did to you was what you guys did to the rest of the raid.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would you give up DFO for Nibelung?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

your a crappy friend.

So you gave your friend a BiS trinket for a piece of shit staff? If anything, youre the failure here.

I thought the whole thing was more fail on your part. I would tell my friend to forget the 10k and just keep DFO for myself seeing as Nibelung is shite and DFO is unbelievably awesome. And how does this all affect the Spriest? He knew he was going to end up empty handed anyway when he rolled to give it to someone else.

Basically all you did was blackmail your friend into trading the better item to him.

Grats

Deleted

I don't get it... you tried to blackmail your friend.. how fail is that?

tbh your post doesn`t make much sense to me... The morale is that the Guild leader shouldn`t have made that priest roll to keep the staff in the guild. And that plans like that always backfires.

Also it`s pretty sad that they actually did that tbh, says alot about the guild. Me personally would never raid again with that guild eventhough my friend would be in it. If you take a halve guild, halve PuG raid then it`s roll and highest wins. Then luck decides if it stays in that guild or goes to the PuG.

I would have kept the trinket over Nibelung, i also keep passing in it in my guild runs because it`s just crap... The trinket owns Nibelung by far. SO you kinda failed yourself aswell.

But that`s just my opinion.

Paragraphs are your friend - use them!

ALL OF YOU THAT ARE BASHING THIS GUY FOR "WALL OF TEXT" AND THOSE OF YOU THAT SAY "I DON'T GET IT" ARE GOING TO GET IT EXPLAINED BY ME!

The moral of the story is Irony. Yes, ninjaing took place, but the main part of the story is the SHADOWPRIEST. The shadowpriest rolled a 100 on the Staff (which he ninja'd for Guildmate). If the Shadowpriest DIDN'T roll on the staff, the OP would've won it. Next came the Trinket. The shadowpriest LOST THE ROLL to the OP. If the shadowpriest didn't roll on the staff, he would've rolled a 100 on the trinket. BOOM! NOW YOU GET IT?

@original poster
    Loved it man I would feel bad for that shadowpriest, but he HELLA deserved it.

rolls are rng, doesn't mean he would have saved his 100 for the trinket

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    Why would you give up DFO for Nibelung?
    this man speaketh the troof.