Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Potentially Removed Titles for Cataclysm

doubt they will remove champion of the frozen waste, since thats not even hard to get at all, thats prolly the first title everyone got in wotlk within a week or two of its released

i have 38 titles but only use 'the Insane' so i really don't bother
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Quote Originally Posted by dacryon

Seriously doubt they'll remove the Ashen Verdict one. After all, Shattered Sun title is still attainable.

Dude, They left it since you have to get exalted THEN pay for it's not a free title like ICC rep one is

No one mentioned the titles you get from the ToC thing yet. My guess is all of the "of (insert city here)" titles are going to be removed, along with Crusader, and Crusader will give a FoS. It would make sense because after Arthas was killed, there is no point to still have the Argent Tournament up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cläy
    Dude, They left it since you have to get exalted THEN pay for it's not a free title like ICC rep one is
    You can't farm Ashen Verdict rep solo, where you could solo the rep for Shattered Sun Offensive without ever setting foot in Magisters' Terrace (which is only a 5-man instance anyway). Ashen Verdict will always be more difficult to get than that because you'll need several people in a raid group to even do it. Unless there's some magic hidden way of getting the rep I haven't found yet. I'm about 400 off revered right now. I don't see why they'd remove it. If anything, it will be even more difficult to attain in Cataclysm because people will be running the 80-85 content instead of farming ICC for rep.

It's not like people didn't already game the system doing trash runs repeatedly to get exalted very quickly anyway. Anything you'd do at 85 involving coming back to get rep would still be a step up from that method.

They're not going to remove a rep grind achievement. That would be stupid. Every other rep grind achievement is still in the game, why would they remove Ashen Verdict?

As well, it's pretty obvious Champion of the Frozen Wastes will not be removed since it is simply there to encourage players to do everything and there is no real reward, nor will any of the titles associated with the Argent Tournament for the same reason as the Ashen Verdict: it's based on rep.

Explorer
    The ICC titles except for the Ashen Verdict title
    Champion of the Frozen Wastes
    The Ulduar titles
    The Naxx titles
    The ToC titles
    The OS titles

I just think it will be kind of rediculous to see every with Kingslayer and Grand Crusader running around everywhere
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

Argent Tournament titles anyone?
    Of Orgrimmar
    Of Thunder Bluff
    Of Stormwind

I would expect to see those go away.

If it hasn't been said before, the Insane achievement has the possibility to be removed, based on the Cataclysm changing the world. Not a definite, but maybe.
    They will probably also removed Starcaller, Astral Walker, Undying, Immortal, of the Nightfall, Twilight Vanquisher, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Kingslayer, Bane of the Undying King, and the Light of Dawn.
    Explorer also has the capacity to be removed since they are changing the layout of each zone.
    http://theeminent.guildzilla.com/
    Come visit us on the Eminent - Lothar homepage!

the Light of Dawn, Bane of the Fallen King, Kingslayer, the Astral Walker, Herald of the Titans, Starcaller, Twilight Vanquisher, of the Nightfall, the Immortal, and the Undying will all be removed. Of the Ashen Verdict won't be removed, unless they completely remove the whole raid, it's considered a reputation title just like Guardian of Cenarius, the Argent Champion, etc. Titles like Chef, Salty, the Explorer, Loremaster, will just be updated with the new content. I highly doubt Champion of the Frozen Wastes will be removed since it requires time not necessarily skill. Drakes will also be removed just as they did with the Amani War Bear.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vandere View Post
    No one mentioned the titles you get from the ToC thing yet. My guess is all of the "of (insert city here)" titles are going to be removed, along with Crusader, and Crusader will give a FoS. It would make sense because after Arthas was killed, there is no point to still have the Argent Tournament up.
    But there are quests for Black Temple with Illidan still roaming around, no reason to trash those titles since it takes time not skill to get.

None, Simply.. If they where to be gone.. We would have known allready.
    And it would have been with the 4.0 Patch.. Since Champion of naaru and Hand of adal + ZA mount was that way... Stop being Biased Bitches only Thinking you can be awsome when you got something no one els have.. cuss really.. Your not.. Your just a Biased Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by B3l3thias View Post
    the Light of Dawn, Bane of the Fallen King, Kingslayer, the Astral Walker, Herald of the Titans, Starcaller, Twilight Vanquisher, of the Nightfall, the Immortal, and the Undying will all be removed. Of the Ashen Verdict won't be removed, unless they completely remove the whole raid, it's considered a reputation title just like Guardian of Cenarius, the Argent Champion, etc. Titles like Chef, Salty, the Explorer, Loremaster, will just be updated with the new content. I highly doubt Champion of the Frozen Wastes will be removed since it requires time not necessarily skill. Drakes will also be removed just as they did with the Amani War Bear.

But there are quests for Black Temple with Illidan still roaming around, no reason to trash those titles since it takes time not skill to get.
    You're either trolling or just talking out your ass. The only confirmed ones on that list are the Immortal and the Undying.
    They've also not said they're removing the drakes. The titles associated with the BC attunements were removed.

Herald of the titans / argent defender I think are going, gear requirements mean nothing if you have 85 base stats.

Quote Originally Posted by B3l3thias View Post

You just wasted your time writing this bullshit down, if you are talking about titles that take skill, it's only Light of Dawn, and maybe Bane of the Fallen King, tho I can't imagine ANYONE that actually cares about BotFK fail to do it.

If Blizzard wanted to remove titles such as Kingslayer they would do it after they released RS, if they wanted to remove Astral Walker or even older titles they would again do it already. If anyone thinks most of the titles you listed require skill, they have serious problem.

IMO, only the hardest titles might get removed, but they won't. If Blizzard wanted to make them unaccessible they would state it 3 months before actually removing them, to give everyone chance to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    Stop basing your sense of self-worth on the deeds and actions of others. If you can't say "I am awesome" without saying "I am more awesome than most other people", then you are neither awesome nor worth the oxygen conversion energy you require.

And "more awesome than most other people" is a fallacy anyway, because "person A happens to start playing the game later than person B does" =/= "person B is more awesome than person A".
    Uhh what planet are you from? That is the whole point of titles. To say "I did this, look at me", and to make other people go "Oh damn, wish I had that." Would you spend 50 hours farming mindlessly so you could think to yourself "I wasted 2 whole days of my life for nothing. I feel so good about myself!" No. You do it so others see you and say "Damn, that guy is dedicated."

Also the statement "I am more awesome than most other people." is a terrible example. Ever seen someone with a rare, expensive car? They are saying "Look at me, I spent a lot of time, effort, and money to get this. Plus it goes really f****n fast!" Same with any title that is rare in WoW, except for the speed part unless you got a 310 for doing it. And like cars, if they stop production, the value of the remaining ones goes up.

So stop telling people how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

I remember that usually when they are removing something like a mount or a title, they give 1 month notice so that people have a chance to get it wrapped up before it goes. Doesn't it seem likely that they will do this with the current titles, and if so, doesn't that mean that they'll be available for some amount of time after cata is released?

Wait, Blizz is removing titles? Thought they were just making a number of them unobtainable after Cata hits. I'm no Title collector but I'd hate for Blizz to take away a few of my favorite titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    None, Simply.. If they where to be gone.. We would have known allready.
    And it would have been with the 4.0 Patch.. Since Champion of naaru and Hand of adal + ZA mount was that way... Stop being Biased Bitches only Thinking you can be awsome when you got something no one els have.. cuss really.. Your not.. Your just a Biased Bitch.
    So because it happened one time before you can expect it to happen again the same way the second time around?
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-11-13 at 10:26 PM.

The titles that matter are server first titles. Blizzard won't remove many titles if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Wait, Blizz is removing titles? Thought they were just making a number of them unobtainable after Cata hits. I'm no Title collector but I'd hate for Blizz to take away a few of my favorite titles.

When they say they are removing a title it means they are making it unobtainable anymore they dont remove titles from ppl who already have them, now i have no idea what ones they are removing but yeah ppl who have them dont actually lose them

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Hazard View Post
    I bet the explorer title will get removed seeing how most of the zones will be revamped
    heard somewhere that if you explore some of a region you just have to explre the rest in the "new" land and you´ll get it completed as normal.

but its much more cool to run around on a little horsie and looking at all around you in a slow steady pace, than a big bad ugly drake and rush thruogh it all..