Returning to wow. Quick question.

Me and an IRL friend have had a lengthy break from wow and are soon-to-be returning.

We fancy a change, so we're going to start new toons on the opposite faction. My question is... Are low-level dungeons very active on the cross-server LFG, and are the pugs likely to finish the instances?
    We'd like to level fairly fast and this would be, in our eyes, a pretty easy way of doing so.

I'm going to go tank, and my friend will heal, so there's no real worry about waiting around for an invite, if there are groups running.

Thanks.

Deleted

Re: Returning to wow. Quick question.

You're going to tank and heal... well, queue, say "Hey dude, lis..." GROUP!

Good luck ^^

Deleted

Depends, are you level 24 and she's only 13 and you don't know what to do? If so, there's a great thread for you out there ^^

OT: Yeah, very, with a Tank and Healer premade, expect instant queues at and to 80 GL

Yeah, pugs are pretty popular all the way up.

You get a pretty snazzy "grab bag" for completing them and the usual tons of XP.

Also, since you just port to the entrance, theres 0 travel time.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

What exactly is in this 'grab bag'? And do you get them in every instance?

Haha, I feel like such a noob. The game's changed a lot since I've been gone .

Appropriate blues with a random stat on them.

But not like stupid where they put +spirit on plate.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by superniall50
    What exactly is in this 'grab bag'? And do you get them in every instance?

Haha, I feel like such a noob. The game's changed a lot since I've been gone .
    a random bag of loot fit for your class but sadly not always useful for your spec...

i leveled to 70 so far with instances, instant queues good loot and as long as you get decent dps you'll be fine

welcome back!

So do you get these on every boss, or the last boss or is it a daily/random dungeon reward?

With you and a friend tanking/healing you'll never wait long for queues. Also, you two have more control then anyone else over the survivability of a group so if you're both good I don't see running instances being a problem. It was only until northrend when I started running into some really bad groups.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by superniall50
    So do you get these on every boss, or the last boss or is it a daily/random dungeon reward?
    Last boss, every instance.

Welcome back bro!

its always nice to see people returning.

P.s, I hope your horde?

There're more than enough people for you to group with, there should be no waiting times for you from 15-80.

Bags:
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=Helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey
    P.s, I hope your horde?
    We were Alliance, then we realised the error of our ways >.<
    Heading over to horde

We've still got to wait another month and half before we get back, cos of exams. But thanks for the 'welcome back's' .

I levelled my Shaman by healing dungeons (with Heirlooms, which you really really should get before you start your alts, if you have level 80's and can run Heroics). Levelling through dungeons is good, faster I think, at least it felt faster, although much more stressful at times. I quickly learnt what dungeons to never go to, and spent a lot of time using the random finder to go to specific dungeons over and over.

If you guys know your way around the old dungeons, you will probably manage better than me with a group of people and non of us have any idea where to go, with very long graveyard runs, assuming people can even find the dungeon from the graveyard.

Remember; you will be doing dungeons with people who may have never done a dungeon or maybe new to the game, or that class. It's important to be patient and understanding.

Personally, I'd not level anything in the old world until Cataclysm comes out, but that's just me.

Good luck & Welcome back

P.S. Lets say you start wow again in two months, that late June early July... people 'think' Cataclysm will be out sometime between August and November... are you sure you want to start over new characters, when everything changes so soon, the old world levelling experience will be a million times better than if you start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    I levelled my Shaman by healing dungeons.................than if you start now.
    I know cataclysm's just around the corner, but what else am I going to do? Raid on my main? Cataclysm will come with a gear reset, ofc.
    I really fancy a change of perspective, so I'm going horde. I'm such more interested in the 80-85 experience, and then, if I want to see all the new old-world (that doesn't make sense) stuff then I'll make a new toon and level super fast.

Thanks for the advice on groups, I'll take that on board .

10+ Year Old Account

been honest even with cata coming out with all the pps rolling goblins worgan the new racial class,s you,ll level just as quick anyhows tank q time for dungeons is measured in seconds healers minutes dps can write a memoirs befoer they get a group .

tbh m8tie it,ll be good to come back then get a bit of gold etc and go to it you,ll level faster than most of us will tbh .

and welcome back m8tie when ye get back.
    Faith Manages

I never raid, and I still have way too much to do that I don't have time for it all...lot's to do, but I am not a stranger to the desire to roll something new. I was in a heroic dungeon the other day and suddenly, after two expansions... I noticed Boomkins. I was watching all his spells and abilities (I really like the Eclipse mechanic seemed to apply different buffs based on what Eclipse happened, anyway...) (boomkins have some of the best looking in the game imo) and i totally wanted to go get the heirlooms and roll one.

If you are dead set on starting asap, then at-least get yourselves kitted out in as many heirlooms as you can, chest, shoulders, trinkets, weapons.