Arms PvP trinket question:

Hey all, i've recently gone into the arena and started PvPing and gearing up for it. Now, basically i'm asking which would be better to accompany the 264 resil/pvp trinket, Banner of Victory or Needle Encrusted Scorpion?

Here is my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cptnmajestic

I'm still saving frost badges to finish off my PvE 4 piece, but once I have that I will get the might of the ocean serpent cloak and castle breakers chest. Any other suggestions? Also i'm really low on hit atm, what will be the best way to fix this until I get the frost badge cloak?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Arms PvP trinket question:

Gonna tell you about the 2nd question you asked for I have no pvp exp

Might of the Ocean Serpent is not as good as the Recovered Scarlet Onlaught Cloak from the same vendor get that instead

Ninjaedit: Oh...hit

Mark of Supremacy is the fastest option but a few hit/str or pure hit gems wouldnt be TOO bad to get

Just try to teter on cap to benefit the most from your sockets

also: 20hit to gloves will serve as a substitue if you are in dire straits

Sorry updated for armory link

10+ Year Old Account

Wait...did you want hit for pve? or pvp?

cause the quickest option pvp wise is the Hit cloak and if so they 100 hit should be fine if my knowledge of pvp is anything to go by (which it really isnt I suck hardcore at pvp)

and pve I've already stated

Yet-Another-Edit: Crap...forgot to mention. You will wanna swap that Ashen Verdict ring to its str version

more Str converion as fury and arms than ap/agility

PvE hit is fine, PvP is what i'm after. And yeah, I think i'll need to sacrifice my Arp PvP cloak for the wrathful one with hit, probably the easiest solution

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by matthewh133
    PvE hit is fine, PvP is what i'm after. And yeah, I think i'll need to sacrifice my Arp PvP cloak for the wrathful one with hit, probably the easiest solution
    Ah! Yeah then get rid of that expertise thrown and see about a hit one and that would probabaly quell your need for the wrathful cloak

the Widebarrel Flintlock from ToC10 or its Heroic counterparts would be AWESOME cause you can either put a hit gem in its yellow socket to get more or just go arp to cover the loss of the Thrown

Oh right, forgot I had the 10 ICC bow in my bags.. lol. Should use that for now

10+ Year Old Account

Oh right, forgot I had the 10 ICC bow in my bags.. lol. Should use that for now
    Hehe

I've banked that because its a stat downgrade from the ToC10 Normal gun i mentioned XD (because of the gem socket which is a freebie because the bonus is pretty terribad)

puts most of its ilvl points into top end (which is ok as its a bow and hunters = bows I guess)

lol yeah, Crimson start would still be used for my PvE set as I don't need the hit in my PVE gear

10+ Year Old Account

lol yeah, Crimson start would still be used for my PvE set as I don't need the hit in my PVE gear
    Yeah after I get my Skele key and Pillars of Might for my tank spec I'll probabably get that thrown 1st for fury as I need exper and arp over everything else at the moment

Anyone got any input into NES v BOV?

Bump

Nes is technically better, being at 100% arp in pvp makes you hit like a truck, only problem is it procs once every 3 weeks. Grim toll would be your best bet, it has all the hit you need for pvp and the proc has a better uptime. Mjolnir runestone is another option if 10 man hardmodes are your thang.

Get the 264ilvl resi one, and an arp proc or DBW. You can't go 100% passive arp in arena, you are gonna be blowned up, unless you are a pve Heroe and play with double healer in 3s.

Most good warrior run with around 30-40% arp in arena. Some even do very good with str gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisper

Yet-Another-Edit: Crap...forgot to mention. You will wanna swap that Ashen Verdict ring to its str version

more Str converion as fury and arms than ap/agility
    According to spreadsheets, the agi ring is alot better than the str version, i dont know since i havent looked at it myself but every other warriors and our own warrior class leader says so

It is because they replaced the ap and agi by a little more str and more stamina. And 88 agi + 135 ap > 98 str

Yeah the agi one is better. Anyway, back to the original question, want some more opinions on this pvp trinket until I can get myself a sexy DBW.

I'd go with the banner TBH.
    NES really does NOT proc often enough to warrant any sort of burst potential, as it can (with any other proc trinket) go off when you don't want it (white swing mage, trinket procs. BAM deepfreeze).
    If that happens with NES you're just running around with a crit stat stick because it hardly ever procs more than once every arena fight (trust me, I tried >_<).

Trying to get a mjolnir myself... but so much competition >_<

Nes has a 10% proc chance on a crit with a 45 internal cd. Thus you can easely get cced when it proccs unless you pop bs. Id say go for a passive ap or arp trinket and the resi trinket.

Being able to capitalize on having 100% arp is the point of aiming for the softcap in pvp. Sure it might proc at an inopportune moment but if your in a good position when it does proc then you will rampage like gyarados and hit like a baws.