my spec is wrong?

just reading around the threads here I see that most people are saying unholy and dw frost are better than blood for pve dps.

I'm spec'd blood, and gemmed for strength, and I pull 9-10k dps in 25 mans. Would I really be pulling more dps as unholy/dw frost?

Re: my spec is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge
    just reading around the threads here I see that most people are saying unholy and dw frost are better than blood for pve dps.

I'm spec'd blood, and gemmed for strength, and I pull 9-10k dps in 25 mans. Would I really be pulling more dps as unholy/dw frost?
    Short answer, Yes.

Quick edit: May as well get "Somewhat" used to playing those specs anyways since Cata = No Blood DPS.

Blood is still decent but Frost and unholy are better but not by a ton. And yes in cata blood is tank so may as well learn to play those dps specs that are actually viable next expansion. But if you really love blood and are topping charts as blood then have at it, but if you are worried about topping meters then maybe look into frost or unholy to see how it goes. Better to do 9-10k dps with a spec you are good at then 7-8k with a spec you suck with.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh god not the "better learn the other specs for Cata" people!

There's no point doing that! The rune system will get redone, which will alter the playstyle drastically. Strike costs and whatnot will be adjusted, talents moved around: we'll have to relearn our specs in cataclysm anyway, there's absolutely no point speccing whatever way now, just to prepare for Cata.

Other than that, yeah, DW frost and UH are a bit better than blood, but not by much. Unless you're in a top guild, which I assume you aren't, you can safely stay blood.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...eSCL2iZ,,11723
    are still a valid blood dps spec. with late icc gear specially due to the massive amount of ArP, but you might wanna socket ArP to get max dps out of blood spec in high end gear. get arp capped if you can
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Frost and unholy are typically better than blood for most situations, but blood is still good enough. If you're doing content at a level where being blood is hurting your raid then you will probably realise it pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik
    Short answer, Yes.

Quick edit: May as well get "Somewhat" used to playing those specs anyways since Cata = No Blood DPS.
    Either way, the rune system is going to be all sorts of fucked, so everybody, and that means Everybody, will have to re-learn Death Knight rotations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Oh god not the "better learn the other specs for Cata" people!

There's no point doing that! The rune system will get redone, which will alter the playstyle drastically. Strike costs and whatnot will be adjusted, talents moved around: we'll have to relearn our specs in cataclysm anyway, there's absolutely no point speccing whatever way now, just to prepare for Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Either way, the rune system is going to be all sorts of fucked, so everybody, and that means Everybody, will have to re-learn Death Knight rotations.
    Does the "Somewhat" i used in my previous post not mean anything? Yes the rune system is changing, and yes certain talents may not be there come Cata. However, the basic fundamentals of the different specs will still be there. Now DKs will actually have to pay attention to what their doing instead of facerolling :P

And yes, i do have a DK for all you haters that will say its not faceroll.

Its not faceroll its more of a mash that button before you waste a GCD.Faceroll =/= set in stone rotation.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes the rune system is changing, and yes certain talents may not be there come Cata. However, the basic fundamentals of the different specs will still be there. Now DKs will actually have to pay attention to what their doing instead of facerolling :P
    If by "somewhat" you mean "playing a melee class with DoTs", then yeah, you're right. Other than that, there's no point getting used to anything, in preparation for Cata. Things will change drastically enough to force a relearn anyway, and the little you knew, is worthless. Or you already knew it. Like, don't stand in front of bosses, which is not class or spec specific :P

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge

Just try and you'll see.
    Unholy is quite easy to learn (not that much harder to actually master). It's also more laid back because you have extra GCD's
    Frost may need some more practice to work for you since it feels very different and you have to watch procs.

In the end, it shouldn't be a difference of day and night. It's more like a difference between day and 1 minute later that same day.

However, the basic fundamentals of the different specs will still be there. Now DKs will actually have to pay attention to what their doing instead of facerolling :P
    Actually, I think you have it backwards. Cata will supposedly slow our rotation down, give us more dead time, and remove some of the skill requirement of balancing multiple resources and planning ahead.
    Right now, I see DK's as easy to learn; hard to master.
    In Cata, I see DK's as easy to learn. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

no, your spec is not wrong (if its http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfVMVh...0stZfMbhxc:pGI ), just dont gem str, gem arpen to get 90% (unless your raid has no enh shaman or you are the only dps dk, then frost or uh would be the best for the raid)

Short answer:
    Blood is poor in non BiS gear.

Long answer:
    You can pull superior ST DPS in blood if you are in full BiS gear. It minorly edges out Unholy/frost in pure ST DPS at full BiS gear with ArP hard capped. However, the second there is an add they will blow you away.

Unless you are on the cutting edge of raids, in which case you'd be able to have that near BiS gear, it doesn't make a difference other than what the raid needs.

Unholy brings the best buff IMO. If you roll with an Enh shaman, I'd recommend UH for helping the raid.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

if ur arp capped, ull be fine rly. blood hits pretty hard imho. play what u like