Killing The Lich King as a hunter

Basically my guild is trying to take down the lich king in 10 man and i am the hunter of the raid. We got him to phase 3 but the vile spirits overan us and we wiped. While i do understand my role but I could use some help from those of u who already killed him or know some helpful macros.

Phase 1: I have to maintain good dps on the Lich King while dispelling enrage from the Shambling Horror. The problem here is to keep on switching targets, so i was wondering if u guys know a macro that would allow me to dispell it w/o switching targets. I also have to MD the Shambling horrors to the OT (i have a focus macro for that) but he usually does not have trouble getting them.

Transition phases (1.5 and 2.5) : i have to dps Raging spirits and the ice spheres. My guild just asks the the 3 pet classes (unholy dk, lock and me) to have our pets kill the spheres while we focus dps on the raging spirits, but again switching targets sux so i am looking for a macro to just tel my pet to attack it while i keep high dps on the raging spirit.

Other than that its pretty smooth, we r currently trying to figure out what strategy we will use to get thru phase 3

Re: Killing The Lich King as a hunter

Switching targets isn't that hard. If you have trouble finding the right target, try enabling name plates for hostile targets.

/cast [target=Shambling Horror,nodead] Tranq shot

if that still drops your target, try this.

/targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy

/targetlasttarget
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy

/targetlasttarget
    puting target= then targetlasttarget is redundant. By putting the first [target=] in there it means you wont change targets. Also I havent done LK on 10 man but in 25 man there are sometimes two horrors up at once. So using that macro that would give you a 50/50 chance of shooting the correct one. Im not 100% sure how tranq shot works, but will it try to dispel one on a nonenraged add? or can you just spam it till it shoots the right one?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think you can't use that targeting syntax to target a hostile unit by name. You can use something like this though:

/target Shambling Horror
    /cast Tranquilizing Shot
    /targetlasttarget

I don't use the above macro for this job though. I focus the mob as it spawns and then use a mouseover macro to Tranq Shot it. With the mob on focus I can see it casting Enrage and be ready to dispel it ASAP.

/cast [@mouseover, nodead, harm] Tranquilizing Shot

In 10 man though, the enrage isn't nearly as dangerous to the tanks as it is in 25 man.

For the pet attack thing, you can use a mouseover for that as well. Or if you would rather use a targeting macro, that works too. I think the mouseover is a better solution because it allows you to assign your pet to the target you want him on specifically.

/petattack [@mouseover, nodead, harm]

I use two macros;
    First, an auto focus,
    /tar shamb
    /focus
    /tar the lich king
    ^This makes the shambling that spawns my focus automatically without me losing target

Second, the tranq shot
    /cast [target=focus] Tranquilizing shot
    ^Tranqs the shambling horror

The only problem with this is handling the second horror, however, tranq shot has so long a cooldown you will probably need someone else for that. In my raid the tank was fine with one horror enraged and me tranq shotting the other, we never got more than two.

The ice spheres have a tiny amount of life, I tab over to them and use arcane shot and let an auto go off at most, leaving my pet on the lich king (because I'm lazy).

Phase 3 is interesting, although the vile spirits shouldn't be too bad as long as you spread out sufficiently. In our kill last night we ended up having the offtank die around 25% and losing a DPS and healer along the way, around 18% we stopped attacking vile spirits at all, just let them hit us and kept burning the lich king. My hunter has 33k life in raid, I've survived being hit by two spirits at once every time. Not sure if this is the best idea for your raid, but it worked for it =)

I use a Tranq Shot mouseover macro which makes it easier to dispel the enrange, found it made my life so much easier. No access to the game atm, I'll post the macro when I get home.

Edit:

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
    /cast [target=mouseover] Tranquilizing Shot

Just hover over the target you want to Tranq and hit the hotkey. You'll be able to keep a target on LK while dispelling the enrage.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

I find it easier to use a focus macro. When 2 adds are up, its sometimes hard to hit the right one!

http://www.wegame.com/watch/fall-of-...ing-legion-eu/

Maybe this will help, we got only one hunter in raid and he manages to do all things he needs to - decent dps on boss/adds + dispelling enrage from Shambling. Just put focus on shambling and when you see enrage icon on his portrait, use macro /target Shambling Horror /cast dispell.

On phase 3 i think you should use best aoe you got, dont know hunter class very well (volley?). If you got DK,Mage and Lock in raid you should have no problem with taking down vile spirits - dk can use IT/PS on boss and then pestilence on adds - its main aim is not to do dmg but to put Ebon Plague on them to increase greatly dps of your casters, but damage from diseases will also help ofcourse. Mage can respec to fire and do imba dps on spirits (living bomb) and Lock, well one of best aoe in game, my group done it with only 2 ranged dps once and they managed without bigger problems.

Tbh, LK is very easy now with 10% dmg buff. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Deviss
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/fall-of-...ing-legion-eu/

Maybe this will help, we got only one hunter in raid and he manages to do all things he needs to - decent dps on boss/adds + dispelling enrage from Shambling. Just put focus on shambling and when you see enrage icon on his portrait, use macro /target Shambling Horror /cast dispell.

On phase 3 i think you should use best aoe you got, dont know hunter class very well (volley?). If you got DK,Mage and Lock in raid you should have no problem with taking down vile spirits - dk can use IT/PS on boss and then pestilence on adds - its main aim is not to do dmg but to put Ebon Plague on them to increase greatly dps of your casters, but damage from diseases will also help ofcourse. Mage can respec to fire and do imba dps on spirits (living bomb) and Lock, well one of best aoe in game, my group done it with only 2 ranged dps once and they managed without bigger problems.

Tbh, LK is very easy now with 10% dmg buff. ;p
    Target-ground AoE spells do not reportedly work on vile spirits (blizzard, volley, hurricane, etc). I haven't tested this as I assume it to be accurate and therefore not worth my wasting several seconds on a useless volley.

Target one Vile Spirit, nuke it down, then repeat.

Also, your DK can chain spirits that are chasing some DPSs and he can use IF + AMS and grip/taunt 1-2.

Actually if you just spread out during phase 3 it's easier to heal through the vile spirits than to kill them. The tank that isn't doing anything can try to taunt some to him away from others to. If you have a warrior tank doing this he can basicly chain taunt the vile spirits by putting vigilance on the mt. And if melee sees one moving towards them, they just run away from others. If you don't have a lock or priest to aoe the vile spirits you are better off just soaking the damage tbh.
    Also for phase transitions, if you just assign one ranged to the spheres who occasionally kills them when they are coming close, it seems more efficient than having three people switch targets to send their pet on it. As a hunter assigned to these spheres, you kill them in no time while maintaining dps on the raging spirits (even let your pet stay on the raging spirits). Of course if it works well for your raid like you do it, you can stick to it.

or all of you can grp up opposite from the vile spirit so they will all come in the same concentrated direction, and OT can just soak them w/o even taunting. But make sure when your MT is kiting LK ran over a frost trap just incase one gets too near, MT can kite LK left or right w/o getting bomb by vile spirit.