Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Suggestions plz...

so i'm a fairly decently geared, recently switched to, fire/ttw mage. My dps is not close to what people have been saying it should be based on my gs and latency (average 225-260ms)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ogg&cn=Lokiman

(Please note when examining the wol i did not have the boots or abyssal rune that are currently equiped. i also upgraded the robe to its current 264 version mid raid if it helps.)

I use Quartz and Scorchio2 for buffs and timers. i have keybindings and only clicky things like ice block, evoc, managems, etc... when needed
    my rotation is lb-> fb spam -> hs proc pb (will refresh lb before pb if less than three secs remain), rinse & repeat.

the link below is a recent world of logs that i did. any constructive suggestions for dps increase would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...cns/details/8/

Re: Suggestions plz...

You had an elemental shaman but I can't see Totem of Wrath in your buffs gained?

Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    You had an elemental shaman but I can't see Totem of Wrath in your buffs gained?
    not sure, think they might have had flame tongue for healer's benefit.

Totem of Wrath is like Improved Flametongue. And they had Totem of Wrath up.

Though it's very stupid to let both your Warlocks go Affliction, one Demonology Warlock would be way more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    Though it's very stupid to let both your Warlocks go Affliction, one Demonology Warlock would be way more beneficial.
    how so?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiman
    how so?
    the DPS difference between demo and affliction is like the difference between mut and combat or fire and arcane: negligible.

demo provides a huge buff to every caster in the raid, healers included, that far outweighs any shaman totem.
    BfA Beta Time

im looking at your stats and it says youre sitting at 2655 bonus damage.. thats really low especially for someone going fire.
    hit is at 15% which is low for fire, but in a 25m raid senario you would be fine.

and lastly your crit looks kinda low too..

my only suggestion is get more SP, by whatever means.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by chupatwo
    my only suggestion is get more SP, by whatever means.
    so should i regem the crits and haste gems with runed cardinals or should i try to keep the haste around the 800 mark?

also i probably should have mentioned this earlier but i do have a full 5 piece t10 set (251 shoulders not shown on armory) and leggings of woven death if swapping around gear helps...

Some small things, but things I noticed nonetheless:

- You have a staff. Work the numbers, a 1h + oh is usually more total stats
    - Your staff has black magic. 81sp > black magic > 63sp. In other words, if you must use a staff, put 81sp on it. BM is for 1handers.
    - You're missing a prof, your JC is at only ~50
    - You only have 2/3 student of the mind, should be 3/3

As far as the WoL report, I only took a quick look, but what I see on most fights is parts where your dps is just fine, and then parts where your dps drops to 0. And not for just a moment either, but for spurts of 10, 20 and even 30 seconds at times. And not just one one or two fights/attempts, but on most of the ones I checked (marrow, rot & fester kills, for example). What were you doing if not DPSing?

I will say that I've never been able to get good performance out of fire for Lady DW, and it's one of 3 fights in there I go arcane for, the others being saurfang and LK.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    - You're missing a prof, your JC is at only ~50
    was herbalism, wasnt paying off like it was so i went for something new...

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    As far as the WoL report, I only took a quick look, but what I see on most fights is parts where your dps is just fine, and then parts where your dps drops to 0. And not for just a moment either, but for spurts of 10, 20 and even 30 seconds at times. And not just one one or two fights/attempts, but on most of the ones I checked (marrow, rot & fester kills, for example). What were you doing if not DPSing?
    hmm not sure, i dont remember bouts of doing nothing durring those fights...

15+ Year Old Account

Here's your answer: Do more stuff.

I took a look at your Festergut fight:

69 Fireballs at 2.09 seconds a cast => 144.21 seconds
    35 Living Bombs/Pyroblasts at 1.1 seconds of GCD => 38.5 seconds
    5 Vile Gas at 6 seconds of wasted time (ouch ) => 30 seconds

Total: 212.71 seconds of time doing stuff.

Your fight took 250 seconds. What were you doing for the extra 38 seconds? Also, keep in mind that I did not calculate Bloodlust, 2pt10 or any other temporary haste buffs into this number. More likely you spent almost a minute in combat doing nothing. I noticed you Ice Blocked, so I can only assume you did that to avoid moving for one cycle of Pungent Blight, which means you didn't really move that much (and improving your movement efficiency would help--you had 0 fire blasts, so unless you got really lucky with Hot Streak and Living Bomb timing, you could've been doing more damage).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiman
    will refresh lb before pb if less than three secs remain
    Apart from what the others have said already, this is crucial. Never refresh Living Bomb. The explosion is what makes it powerful. Cutting Living Bomb is bad. If your Living Bomb has run out and you have a Hot Streak proc, use Pyroblast first, it is higher in the priority list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    Apart from what the others have said already, this is crucial. Never refresh Living Bomb. The explosion is what makes it powerful. Cutting Living Bomb is bad. If your Living Bomb has run out and you have a Hot Streak proc, use Pyroblast first, it is higher in the priority list.
    Hmm, aside from last night, it's been a while since I played Fire. I didn't pay attention to it last night, but last time I played Fire, it didn't let you clip your LB dots. Is it possible to clip them now? (And yeah, I'll be testing this when I get home, but I won't be home til late tonight and I'm impatient)

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Hmm, aside from last night, it's been a while since I played Fire. I didn't pay attention to it last night, but last time I played Fire, it didn't let you clip your LB dots. Is it possible to clip them now? (And yeah, I'll be testing this when I get home, but I won't be home til late tonight and I'm impatient)
    no they dont clip. they cant. cant be re-cast on enemy untill it goes off.

ok so i regemmed, changed enchant on staff, and tested on boss practice dummy. using frost wyrm flask, glyphed molten armor and ai i was at 6.6k self-buffed. used to be doing 5.7-5.8k on it. so does it look better or can anyone else think of any suggestions?

k update ive hotkeyed fire blast to the ` key, so when i am moving i should be spamming that and any hs proc'd pb and refreshed living bomb since they are all instant cast?

any other suggestions?

15+ Year Old Account

Priority when moving:

Refresh living bomb
    HS-Pyro
    Fire Blast

It's your lowest priority when moving, but still better then doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Priority when moving:

Refresh living bomb
    HS-Pyro
    Fire Blast

It's your lowest priority when moving, but still better then doing nothing.
    OMG WHAT ABOUT ICE LANCE AND ARCANE EXPLOSION?!?!