BoP Crafted items in Cata

I remember back in BC helping my ret pally buddy get mats for his Blacksmithing 2H mace and it took a few weeks but after he finally got the wep made he was so happy. Back when epics actually took some effort to get. And skilling my leatherworking up to 375 on my hunter and buying the recipe to craft the shoulders from the pattern that dropped in BT or wherever. Point is, now every profession bonus comes out to roughly the equivalent of 2 extra epic gems (600 hp from mining, 80 more ap from LW, 42 more agi from JC, etc etc). Yes this is nice and all, but it's BORING. In Cata I think Blizz should go back to where you actually need to lvl a profession to equip the best items made with said profession. Now scrubs can buy WoW gold and just grab the mats for the 264 crafted legs/boots as soon as they hit 80 and uggggh idk, it's just annoying. It seems logical that a Weaponsmith should be able to craft the best weapons, a Tailor should be able to wear the best robes, etc etc etc. Thoughts?

Re: BoP Crafted items in Cata

I like BoP craftables. As long as they are balanced among each profession, so that one profession isn't OP compared to the others (at least during the timeframe where the craftables are worth it). As long as heroics won't drop epics (please, only dungeon blues! epics are for craftables and raidcontent and maybe emblems), they wont be outdated quickly and it might be worth it to actually make them.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Patterns drop in every raid, so the updating of gear would not be an issue.

I liked the spellfire set I had in TBC. I didn't have to care much about gear for a long time.

I agree they should bring back difficult craftables. They should also enable you to upgrade them with a little effort keeping you in line with the current tier.

Don't think people want to see a return to the "X has to get Y profession", its still slightly here these days but nothing compared to sunwell, i know JC would be better for my tank than mining, but the loss of what 3 stam isn't as bad as not having drums or the crafted chests before. Hell I still have Leather working on my priest.

Bar tailoring for tanks, its quite free what you pick these days, not balanced to perfection, but close enough so you can pick what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian
    I remember back in BC helping my ret pally buddy get mats for his Blacksmithing 2H mace and it took a few weeks but after he finally got the wep made he was so happy. Back when epics actually took some effort to get. And skilling my leatherworking up to 375 on my hunter and buying the recipe to craft the shoulders from the pattern that dropped in BT or wherever. Point is, now every profession bonus comes out to roughly the equivalent of 2 extra epic gems (600 hp from mining, 80 more ap from LW, 42 more agi from JC, etc etc). Yes this is nice and all, but it's BORING. In Cata I think Blizz should go back to where you actually need to lvl a profession to equip the best items made with said profession. Now scrubs can buy WoW gold and just grab the mats for the 264 crafted legs/boots as soon as they hit 80 and uggggh idk, it's just annoying. It seems logical that a Weaponsmith should be able to craft the best weapons, a Tailor should be able to wear the best robes, etc etc etc. Thoughts?
    Yes getting epics in tbc was incredibly hard....

Quote Originally Posted by ryyu
    Hell I still have Leather working on my priest.
    Heh, we had 16 people go leatherworking for Sunwell. Good times, good times.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Who cares ? Stuff crafted with proffs will be good for 2 months or so, then stuff that is miles better starts dropping from hcs and the proffesion is scrapped.

Blizzard really needs to either make the proffesion crafted items be a lot better than any hc drop OR just keep updating it with new patterns.
    Items like Stormherald and crafted cloth lasted quite long and were pretty popular.