Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ever have a player in your guild...

Who's a friend in real life, but is so terrible at the game that every raid or even some heroics, you, and the rest of your team, take bets on how many times he'll die that run? The friend I have plays an enhancement shaman, who has a rather nasty habit of unloading every attack he can as fast as he can within the first second of a fight, thereby over aggroing and often getting one shotted. Also, guy very rarely gets out of clouds or oozes (Grobbulous was fun with him in the fight ), but he's a friend irl, so you put up with him (plus he does decent dps when he gets his act together) so just wondering, who has a member in their guild like this? Or has had?

PS: Don't have to mention names, just stories
    PPS: Though, if you want to name and consequently shame, go ahead
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Re: Ever have a player in your guild...

Instead of making fun of him, maybe telling him what he's doing wrong? If he still does it then it's just funny lol.

One of my best friends was a TERRIBLE ret paladin (go figure) but he was still cool to chill with and its still fun to slay epic giant dragons/scourge/beasts/poodles/whatever and enjoy the game together. Then he rerolled huntar and passed me in DPS =(

Suggest rerolling another toon with him (maybe a ranged ) and perhaps seeing the game from behind a different set of mechanics, talents and spells will help him learn a little. I know my first toon (warrior) was a horrible embarrassment but my second (druid) is now one of the most epic toons (with high end pvp and pve gear for all 4 specs =D) and I feel I play quite well. Not because I'm god's gift to WoW but because I saw some more of the game that I may have missed or not properly understood the first time. Besides, there is no better way to level than questing with an irl friend.

one of the mages in my guild used to die a lot (in naxx days) so much that we started taking bets one who would die more...him or my hunters pet, he died more times every run

My friend was a terrible rogue back in BC, but we put up with him because of the surprisingly low number of rogues on our server. He was always fun to chill with and learn fights with, and never really complained. Now that we're in BC he's a hell of a lot better somehow.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Yep, tho he is my brother His noobish acting is allready part of his image, so even that he isn't so bad anymore, he is still joking around with stupid mistakes and questions He ain't pro, but can out heal every one if he is on the mood

Ps. We don't take raiding seriously, so there is room for errors and joking around and we allways have a blast when we raid, it doesn't matter if its ICC or MC :P 9/12 on normal ICC 25 tho :-\

Made by Caiti, love it!

you just basically described my entire guild there. all friends, all bad, nothing but laughs.

10+ Year Old Account

Had lots of this in Vanilla. My guild started as about 25 or so real life friends, with about 20 of us being skillful at video games. Thankfully in Vanilla, you can carry about 10 people for pretty much everything up to Twin Emps.

I have a friend that plays a ret pally that is so awful at the game that even in decent gear that i spent hours farming for her she barely scratches 1k, but the worst thing is, she works as a model and therefore knows all the PR people at blizzard, and keeps getting given all the best pets and mounts, she has the chicken mount, she has the space marine Murloc, she gets vip passes to Blizzcon, it just makes me want to puke my feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by boatsnakeman
    you just basically described my entire guild there. all friends, all bad, nothing but laughs.
    This

Always this.

But add the fact that we have several grandmothers in our guild. ;D

Progressing through Ulduar (with a few of us puggin ICC go figure) is the absolute buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth
    Who's a friend in real life, but is so terrible at the game that every raid or even some heroics, you, and the rest of your team, take bets on how many times he'll die that run? The friend I have plays an enhancement shaman, who has a rather nasty habit of unloading every attack he can as fast as he can within the first second of a fight, thereby over aggroing and often getting one shotted. Also, guy very rarely gets out of clouds or oozes (Grobbulous was fun with him in the fight ), but he's a friend irl, so you put up with him (plus he does decent dps when he gets his act together) so just wondering, who has a member in their guild like this? Or has had?

PS: Don't have to mention names, just stories
    PPS: Though, if you want to name and consequently shame, go ahead
    Yeah, quite often actually, the 3 IRL friends that i have cant really get above 4k DPS in ICC25 lich king tried telling them what they did wrong but they started raiding casually instead.

Yes, Yes I have

Quote Originally Posted by Conno
    I have a friend that plays a ret pally that is so awful at the game that even in decent gear that i spent hours farming for her she barely scratches 1k, but the worst thing is, she works as a model and therefore knows all the PR people at blizzard, and keeps getting given all the best pets and mounts, she has the chicken mount, she has the space marine Murloc, she gets vip passes to Blizzcon, it just makes me want to puke my feet up.
    She's being given things because she knows people at Blizzard? I don't think they're allowed to do that.

Regardless, why would she know people at Blizzard simply for being a model?

Oh and if she's on the giant rooster, ask her if she likes to ride big cocks. That's a pun, if it was unclear.

We all have a macro that says

/rw CHUNA RUN THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!

He gets tunnel vision and will stand in fire, panckaes, void zones, in front of the dragon, behind the dragon, wherever....

He is a great player, and is one of my best friends irl.

I AM that player myself. I dont mind tho, I play casually mainly, and have nothing to prove. i like having fun, and that is how it should be.

15+ Year Old Account

We had a fried, first character he started was a Warlock and we saw that the Fear spell become his favorite ability.
    Whenever he entered an Instance, we counted the wipes he caused when fearing mobs into other groups.
    Also, it was hilarious to her him swaering in vent whenever he quested in a zone with undead (immune to fear) mobs.

Had an enh shammy in my guild, really good player tbh - his dps was top notch and he knew what he was doing, but for some reason he died a lot, was insanely funny. Had a fight where he was soulstoned + ankhed + combat ressed (twice) and then still died

My old guild (before I quit playing wow again) has 'one of those'. She was a friend, and a casual rank. She was in her 50s and bloody hopeless. Occasionally we'd do old content, to help newer players get 'Champion of the Frozen Waste' and experience some of the other content. I still have memories of her on Malygos, blind flying south, complaining on vent that she was completely lost and couldn't find our group OR Malygos. It was a spectacle.. Then, after she zoned back in, took her ages, even with the help of other people to find her way back out again.
    She also leveled a Warlock alt and got it to 80, and we invited her along to do the daily heroics with our mains. Even though I gave her spec and rotation advice she never managed to break 1k dps... my Resto Shaman would regularly out dps her simply by dropping the occasional magma totem.

OH.. back in Vanilla.. we had a Hunter called Collera that was SO BAD, for most of the fights in MC, we made her stand away, out of combat. The Raid Leader gave up at Geddon after she blew the raid up multiple times... I also remember the time she pulled Sulfuron, while we were explaining the pull to her..
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos
    My old guild (before I quit playing wow again) has 'one of those'. She was a friend, and a casual rank. She was in her 50s and bloody hopeless. Occasionally we'd do old content, to help newer players get 'Champion of the Frozen Waste' and experience some of the other content. I still have memories of her on Malygos, blind flying south, complaining on vent that she was completely lost and couldn't find our group OR Malygos. It was a spectacle.. Then, after she zoned back in, took her ages, even with the help of other people to find her way back out again.
    She also leveled a Warlock alt and got it to 80, and we invited her along to do the daily heroics with our mains. Even though I gave her spec and rotation advice she never managed to break 1k dps... my Resto Shaman would regularly out dps her simply by dropping the occasional magma totem.
    Aww bless. I feel for her. I bet she had fun tho

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Lìght
    Had an enh shammy in my guild, really good player tbh - his dps was top notch and he knew what he was doing, but for some reason he died a lot, was insanely funny. Had a fight where he was soulstoned + ankhed + combat ressed (twice) and then still died
    Same thing! We sometimes thought that he dies to use BL x2 ;D

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?