Lady Deathwhisper Full House Achievement

The achievement seems pretty straightforward, if maybe a bit tricky to pull off. Keep 5 different adds alive when Lady D drops. There are 6 potential adds (cult/reanimated/empowered adherent and cult/reanimated/deformed fanatics) and since empowered fanatics deal ridiculous AoE damage, the smart thing to do is pick the other 5.

My questions relate to the Dark Martyrdom ability both the cult adherents and fanatics cast. It is my understanding this suicide explosion is the only way to get reanimated adds which makes sense, but is this ability cast every time you bring them low or just on a random timer?

Very related to the first question, if the ability is cast on a random interval (even at high levels of health) how can you ensure no add kills themselves while you finishing bringing lady D down in phase 2?

I'm sure its a pretty simple answer, but I can't figure it out by reading any of the boss guides or mob/ability information and I'd just like to know as much as possible to help things go quick tomorrow when we go to do it Thanks for the help!

Re: Lady Deathwhisper Full House Achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Eletharin
    The achievement seems pretty straightforward, if maybe a bit tricky to pull off. Keep 5 different adds alive when Lady D drops. There are 6 potential adds (cult/reanimated/empowered adherent and cult/reanimated/deformed fanatics) and since empowered fanatics deal ridiculous AoE damage, the smart thing to do is pick the other 5.

My questions relate to the Dark Martyrdom ability both the cult adherents and fanatics cast. It is my understanding this suicide explosion is the only way to get reanimated adds which makes sense, but is this ability cast every time you bring them low or just on a random timer?

Very related to the first question, if the ability is cast on a random interval (even at high levels of health) how can you ensure no add kills themselves while you finishing bringing lady D down in phase 2?

I'm sure its a pretty simple answer, but I can't figure it out by reading any of the boss guides or mob/ability information and I'd just like to know as much as possible to help things go quick tomorrow when we go to do it Thanks for the help!
    It's random, so there is a bit of RNG in this achievement. Also, they don't transition in ph 2, so whatever you have going into ph2, that's what you'll have till the end of the fight.

As far as I know, the Empowered Adherents don't even count for the Achievement, eventhough they've got a different name than the other Adherents. It has to be 5 different mobs altogether.

That means two Humans, Two Skeletons and a Zombie thing

get her mana shield low. get both skeletons and the zombie. kite the zombie and shackle the skeletons. as soon as the next wave of adds spawn burn her down to get into p2 and there's no more mob changes. CC the adds from the last wave and burn her
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    As far as I know, the Empowered Adherents don't even count for the Achievement, eventhough they've got a different name than the other Adherents. It has to be 5 different mobs altogether.
    hehe .. .that could explain why people always pick the deformed. A deformed fanatic is just a fanatic that has had dark empowerment cast on it (same ability that created empowered adherents) but I guess since adherents don't change race in the transformation they must not count.

Actually they do count, they are just the hardest to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane

I've heard this before, but I used one on my very first ten man kill but that was also 5 months ago. It really should count, so if it doesn't atm its bugged. Otherwise, its a rumor that people started because they don't have the cc to deal with it.

Empowered Adherents do not count for anything for this achievement. You must use normal Adherent, normal Fanatic, reanimated Adherent, reanimated Fanatic, Deformed Fanatic as your 5. We failed this achievement in 10 man one week having an Empowered Adherent, Fanatic, Reanimated Fanatic, Deformed Fanatic and Reanimated Adherent alive at the end of the fight (we checked this one billion times in the last 20 seconds of the fight and they were all at about full hp).

When we ticketed a GM asking why they replied telling us directly Empowered Adherents do not count at all for anything (not even as normal Adherents) and that we'd have to do it again. I wish to god that one of the several people who got this response in our group had SSed it, but unfortunately they didn't so all you have is my story and my word. This was done during the 10% buff a little over a month ago and I am unaware if they have fixed it since.

B*llshit, all the 6 adds count towards the achievement, I did it in 10man with my guild 3-4 weeks ago, and we didn't have any deformed fanatic up(the slow zombie) so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz
    B*llshit, all the 6 adds count towards the achievement, I did it in 10man with my guild 3-4 weeks ago, and we didn't have any deformed fanatic up(the slow zombie) so there ya go.
    Did it last week in our 25 man, and we didn't have a deformed either. We did have an empowered.

get her Mana shield down.

Keep the Waves alive until ~15seconds (Maybe a bit earlier in 25m) till the next wave, if no one is getting transformed kill them.
    (Or those you got already)

If some kills himself (Matyrdom) cc the Skeleton.
    Repeat this until you got the 3Three Undead Guys (Skeleton Caster, Skeleton Melee and big bad Zombie)

If you got the 3Types, wait until the next waves and then instantly bring her shield down, after that kill 1 of the Humanoid Guys, CC the others and kill the boss normally.