Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: A fourth talent-tree

Monk priests, granted ability to wear leather and uses a staff as weapon of choice, in a kinda rogue/ret combo

I melee with my priest anyways so would love this
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

Someone said two shields for warriors, an I day screw that giev mai pally teh dual shields.
    Shieldwall: paladin tanks with two shields using abilities like avengers shield, holy shield, shield of righteousness the new blind and several other abilities to generate threat. This will be a tree that focuses on low damage/high threat abilities. Most of the new abilities would be more reactionary defense abilities, "boss is about to swing you press block, boss is about to cast you hide behind your shields."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames
    I like some idea's but why not give one of the pure classes a heal or tank tree? And why not give one of the classes a second tank tree (like priest and what u did with shamans)?
    Cause it are pures, how can you make a healer from a mage? explain please. doesnt mage any sense, like a warlock, healing... or a rogue, healing.... the entire idea of all the pure-dps classes is that they do dmg, and/or control mobs by cc, they dont "tank" or "heal" they might have abilities that heal a bit, or are defensive, but the entire idea of a rogue tanking/healing, or a mage/lock tanking or healing just rofles my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Priest: Smiter
    An offensive priest build based on dealing holy damage.
    This is all I read, and I like it. SMITE FTW!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I actually kind of like this idea, and it would be fun to play around with. You could really bring the player and not the class with this one!
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by kravien
    Paladin: Vindicator
    A dual-wield paladin dps build much more focused on physical then holy damage.
    I have always wanted Paladins to Dual-wield and i actually thought they would do it with Cata after they said they are adding new 1H weapons with strength in them (Not tanking weapons) but I guess that wont happen

Anyway, awesome ideas

for mages we need a battlemage spec that focuses on staff combat, something like this:

http://www.war-tools.com/t66460.html

Hunter: Beast Rider - A pure tanking tree in which the hunter tames beasts that can also act as mounts. He tanks while mounted on these heavily armored creatures. You are able to ride these beasts in all areas but with very low speed in traditional non-mounted areas. The hunter gains the use of shields at level 85 and his primary weapon would be one-handed axes; although certain situations (procs or CDs) will allow the use of ranged weapon in close quarters.

Priest: Monk - A leather based melee dps class the uses holy damage in combination with staff attacks. Seriously who doesn't love to melee with old school Benediction equipped.

Paladin: Light Guardian - A buffer spec in which Hands and Blessings become incredibly more powerful but only last a short time. Possibly use new 30 second Seals on other players. This would require constant monitoring of all raid members. I know they got rid of this idea when it sucked in vanilla, but with dual spec now people may offspec it for raid benefits. Plus it would add a totally new element to group dynamics. Admit it - tank, healer, dps x3 is getting boring after 5+ years.

Rogue: Evader - A tanking spec in which the rogue enters a shadowy state allowing for extreme damage mitigation. They build aggro with consistant dagger attacks causing multiple bleed effects. Come on - if you were getting stabbed by two sharp daggers 75 times a minute wouldn't you attack the rogue before the guy with the big shield. Threat issue solved.

Mage: Blessed Frost - A main tank healing spec in which the mage uses frost based defensive spells to shield the tank. Holy Water could be their go to heal spell. A fountain of blessed water infuses the target causing them to gain X health over 5 seconds.

Druid-split Cat and Bear into two trees. Cat stays Feral Combat, Bear gets renamed as Spirit Guide

Hunter-i dunno yet. give me a bit

Mage-Chaotician. Chaoticians revel in total chaos and have little control over their unique spells. introduces spells like "Prismatic Bolt-deals x dmg of random elemental type(hidden roll on cast determines spell type) Chaoticians can be extremely powerful, or very weak. they leave everything up to fate. most mages consider them one step away from warlocks or necromancers

Paladin-Avenger. Avenger's are the striking hammer of the Light against all evil in the world. Avenger's wield two weapons throw themselves into the war, the more damage they take the more their divine rage is incited and the more powerful they become. Avenger's fly into an uncontrollable rage when their friends and allies die, striking even more furiously and powerfully to avenge the fallen.

Priest-i like Smiter

Rogue- Blackguard. Blackguards are masters of torture and rely on causing the utmost levels of pain and horror upon their enemies in pitched combat. Blackguards delight in causing people to bleed and derive sick pleasure in antagonizing those that stand against them in order to distract them and take advantage of mental weaknesses as well as physical ones.

Shaman-Totemic. Totemics are those Shaman who fear nothing and never flinch, the elements support them in awe-inspiring ways. the hallmark of the Totemics is their curious ability to use Chromatic Totems, idols that surge with all the elements combined and grant them great abilities. Totemics stand toe to toe with the grandest of foes, using elemental fury to shield their allies from harm.(yay tank shamans)

Walocks- Fallen. The Fallen are those warlocks that no longer pretend to abide by the laws of good or evil, they commit fully to the demonic forces they control and embrace the madness therein. Fallen no longer summon demonic minions to their side, but rather force the spiritual essence of those demons into their own soul causing horrible physical deformations in line with the demon soul they are taking.

Warrior-Sentinel. Sentinel's cross breed the survivability of prot with the two-handed expertise of arms. they generate little threat so cannot tank, but are difficult to kill personally. they don't utilize as many status effects as arms and mostly rely on direct damage, their aoe dmg is also weak. spec is capable of powerful self-only buffs

Death Knight-Necrotic Combat. These DKs have sacrificed their front line prowess in order to gain further control over their undead soldiers. they are capable of bringing forth up to three separate minions to their aid and serve as the tacticians of their chosen side.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted

Give priests angel tanking form tree (or just upgrade the holy tree).
    Give hunters eyes of the beast tanking form tree (or just upgrade the beastmatery tree).
    Give warlocks demon transformation tanking (or just upgrade the demonology tree).
    Give mages a tanking tree where they combine arcane/fire/frost in an armor which increases their size and changes their appearance too.

This will make tanking much more fun and fix the queues.
    It's also a lot easier (which I just proved) to add non-tanking classes a new tanking tree compared to adding classes non-healing classes a new healing tree.

here's some ideas..

Warrior - Juggernaut:

A more heavily armored prot warrior who dual wields shields, takes less damage but also deals less.

Rogue - Tormentor:

A Rogue debuff and tanking spec, uses a single 1 handed weapon torments enemies by using brutal attacks on all limbs and has high evasion.

Hunter - Beast-master:

Pets are able to tank/heal and dps better(based on the pet), you deal less damage using range attacks and you can merge with your pet for a short amount of time.

Mage - Battlemage:

Focuses on melee attacks instead of magic, has an ability to remove the CD from blink for a short time allowing you to blink around multiple targets but you can only use your melee auto attacks.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to talk about melee huntards.

I like the felfire spec idea for warlocks but for mages i would go with a water type dps spec since the only current type of water spec is restoration for shamans. An elemental mage would be too much like an elemental shaman.

The warlock felfire spec is the one i can see that would most likely happen out of these ideas since you could have spells like felfire bolt or reign of felfire, etc..

15+ Year Old Account

@OP:
    You have cerainly good ideas, however some of your suggestions do not require a fourth tree. Most of them could be realized with the existing three.

Quote Originally Posted by kravien
    Warrior: Titan
    This will be a new talent-tree for warriors wanting to dual wield 2h weapons, and fury will go back to 2x 1h weapons like it was before.
    No need, just change Titan's Grip to something like:
    "Allows the Warrior to equip two-handed weapons as if they were one-handers. While a two-handed weapon is equiped, all damage done is reduced by 10%. Additionally, if only one-handed weapons are equiped, melee attack speed is increased by 20%"
    (Numbers are not balanced)

Shaman: Replenisher
    A new healing-tree for shamans that will be focused tank healing and nature-shields to be a viable option to disc priest that now is the only spec to bring if you need shields, it will also be the only healing tree with a pet, but this is a defensive pet that heals the shaman(and Allys) with heals and other defensive moves, its a kind of water creature that gives the same bonuses as all the water totems and with this pet out you cannot cast water-totems.
    This is actually a situation, that could require a fourth tree. On the other hand, with all the talent changes in cata, it might be possible to fuse this functionality into the resto tree.
    Possible alternative: Tank tree!

Warlock: Felfire
    A tree using mostly felfire spells and will have much focus on the infernal that is its permanent pet (a smaller version then the current).
    Not really sure about this. Warlocks already can focus on fire (destro) and/or pets (demo).

Hunter: The Beast Within
    (this is a pretty huge change but as I said this is just for fun) It builds around the hunter using a new ability that makes them merge its soul and body with their pet.
    If they have a cat out they will look like a combination of a cat and their race and so on.. (lots of works for blizzard but only for fun so who cares ^^)
    They will dps in this form as a mele, and the hunter will get all passive/active ability's that their pet had when they merged (from talents and also the passive abilitys like claw/bite and so on). And they will still use mele weapons and the various mele strikes that a hunter has + the new attacks they got from their pet.
    Quite nice idea. If we want to keep three trees, then this could somehow be implemented in BM.

Paladin: Vindicator
    A dual-wield paladin dps build much more focused on physical then holy damage.
    Give!

Mage: Lightning
    Focus on dealing lightning (nature dmg) and a very mobile and semi-defensive tree that would be able to compete with frost in pve.
    Just no. Mages already have three magic schools, they don't need a fourth.

Rogue: Slicer
    A talent tree based around doing damage with daggers but will have some ability's that used in their normal rotation thats uses the throwing weapon and they will be able to deal a quite considerable damage with their range ability's, maybe about 50-75% of what they can do when in mele. It will be a viable options for rogues in setups thats weak against kiter's, and they will be doing more damage on the average mele dps on a mele-unfriendly encounter.
    Can not be balanced. If this tree does equal melee damage to the other trees, it will be the only viable choice, because it also gives some ranged damage. If it does not equal melee damage, it will not be picked (because bosses are not designed around the fact, that melee classes also have to do range damage).

Druid: Reptile Combat
    A talent-tree thats for a new form druids get @ lvl 10, its a viper-like creature but much more humanoid than other druid forms and it dresses in normal gear it uses different range abiliys. Its normal auto-hit is needles it shoots from its mouth(or something), it uses focus as its resource system and its non-auto-hit attacks is different kinds of poison and physical needles and bolts, few normal druid ability's can be used in this form.
    Interesting. With this, druids would be the ultimate all-around class (tank, melee dps, range dps, caster dps, healer).
    But i think, they already have enough abilities/forms/whatever...

Priest: Smiter
    An offensive priest build based on dealing holy damage.
    GIEF! NAO!

Death Knight: Render
    A talent-tree based on 2h dps with no pet and few range ability and mostly physical dps, a bit like blood tanking but for dps instead, but no focus in life stealing instead of bleeding the targets.
    Imho, they should make Blood the dual-wield tree with emphasis on physical & bleed damage. Frost for tanking. Unholy the two-handed dps tree with focus on physical & diseases.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

15+ Year Old Account

Mage: Lightning
    nature based healing spells and abilitys.
    mostly shielding like disc priest but also one, maybe 2 dps spells and maybe another buff
    you can do a dmg spell in the meanwhile while not healing, but dont expect high damage because of lacking any dps talent.

Warlock: Fel
    you tank as a clothie with spells and effects, you are constanly casting like any warlock but only to get agro and not to let yourself die. not in a demon form but u can see by a green-ish shadow form you are a tank and not a dps. (silence is dangerous as tank hmmkay) Searing pain could become a tank spell.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

10+ Year Old Account

sounds really cool
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

some REALLY good ideas in here.
    Some are possibly not "deep enough" to make a talent tree on its own, but if we could somehow combine this into the current game, it would be cool.

Then, comes the BIG problem: balancing. So for that reason alone, I don't think it will happen.

But good ideas

Many nice and interesting suggestions, and feedback, I really enjoyed reading it! Thanks all who posted, and don't be afraid to post more!

I also noted some mentions this and that could be done with only 3 trees, the point is that I wanted to come up with a "new" one for every class so sometimes it feels a bit forced just because I lack fantasy, so enough "3 specs is enough", I know that and I agree, this just just some fun speculating how a fourth tree would look like if where "forced" to make one

Thanks again for all the good posts, turned out better then I hoped! I especially enjoyed your in-depth feedback Biernot.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    Paladin-Avenger. Avenger's are the striking hammer of the Light against all evil in the world. Avenger's wield two weapons throw themselves into the war, the more damage they take the more their divine rage is incited and the more powerful they become. Avenger's fly into an uncontrollable rage when their friends and allies die, striking even more furiously and powerfully to avenge the fallen.
    This would be awesome to play. As damage is received by the player/group/allies and or deaths occur divine rage increases infusing the entire toon with increasing amounts of light (think Twins in TOC when youre loaded up on white orbs). Would be cool to have the wings growing out of their back as divine rage increases or just pop at a given % showing that "I am now full of Divine Rage and Will eat your face".

+1 for creativity