Poll: What specc is ze best for leveling if you're doing some PvP?:>

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Levelingz ze Shammy!

Hey mmo-champion readers!
    I started leveling my shammy, as it's the only class that I've never played before so ...
    I've came here to ask you one question: Which specc in your opinion is more effective/fun for leveling the shammy?

Any input is most welcome!
    Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Roffelcakez <3

Re: Levelingz ze Shammy!

Elemental and Enchancement are quite fun specs I found, i was Enchancement until level 70 and Elemental from 70 til 80 then resto at 80. Resto = so boring so dont try it if you like to be active lol.

Elemental or Enhancement depending on whether you want to be a caster or melee.

Dunno if it's changed lately, but it always used to be:

lvl 1 to around 35-40, go Elemental
    35-40 up to Outland, go Enhancement
    Outland and beyond, whichever you prefer

These days however, you can also level mostly in dungeons / battlegrounds, in which case Resto's more viable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest
    Hey mmo-champion readers!
    I started leveling my shammy, as it's the only class that I've never played before so ...
    I've came here to ask you one question: Which specc in your opinion is more effective/fun for leveling the shammy?

Any input is most welcome!
    Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Roffelcakez <3
    Get the Heirloom Maces and go Enhancement, it's so easy, you just hit 3 buttons and somethings dead. But after you hit 60, elemental is just as efficient and fun for leveling, so then its just preference.

Thanks for fast answers!
    And If I wanted to PvP while leveling (doing some BGs, maybe world PVP) which one you think would be better? :>

Deleted

for low level PvP, having stealth or being ranged (especially if u can also heal) goes a long way for survivability. Therefore, elemental is probably better for pvp. Or maybe resto if you have enough mana to kill them with spells and Shocks inbetween heals

Added a poll! Let's see wut ppl think :P

As I see enha is getting more popular, do you think that going with:
    1h heirloom mace in Main Hand (http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716)
    1,8 Speed Dagger in off hand(http://www.wowhead.com/item=42944)
    is any viable at all? I mean is difference between that set and 2x1h Heirloom mace that big?

Thanks in advance!

Get the heirloom chest and shoulders too. I leveled as elemntal for a while after 20 when you get water shield but went back to enhance after I could spec into dual weild. And I went elemental again about 73. Then when you get lava burst at 75 you'll be 2 shotting everything.

I play ele/resto because you can heal really well in elemental gear. Makes it easier to build a resto set

While enh is great for solo leveling, it really isn't that good for PvP. If you plan on PvPing the most, I would definatley go elemental, since it is pretty damn good for solo leveling (enh is actually a little better) and very good in PvP. Resto is just bleh in my opinion.

Just a tip about weapons as Enhance - unlike rogues and warriors, it's always best to have two slow weapons, as opposed to a slow main and fast off.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzTheMighty
    Just a tip about weapons as Enhance - unlike rogues and warriors, it's always best to have two slow weapons, as opposed to a slow main and fast off.
    Um Warriors don't want a fast OH, LOL. Plus as a shaman you can't dual wield until level 40. I am currently leveling a shaman alt, I would say go Elemental...then at 40 dual-spec Elemental/Resto, you can easily heal anything as Elemental up well into Outlands. Get the caster Mail Chest/Shoulders, and either the Staff w/30 SP enchant or the 1h Mp5 Mace w/30 SP enchant as well.

If you want to PvP, IMO go resto, as there rarely are any healers at BG, and they usually suck anyway. And 1 healer sometimes wins the BG himself on low lvls >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

As a lvl 70 Enhancement, I seem to run out of mana almost ever pull. Yeah you have Shamanmistic Rage but its a cd of 1 minute and killing a mob takes about 20 secounds so your either drinking or just wacking something as mana slowly regens. Never tried leveling in Elemental at this level, but I do have a resto offspect with BoE on both specs so yeah.

15+ Year Old Account

Did 75-80 as elemental, levelling as ele in bg's is a lot of fun purely due to the extreme burst you put out with LB - LvB - Ch L. Add to that engineering goodies and yer all set
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

DEFINITELY enhancement.

It's a freaking lightshow, and you get wolves made of ghost.

gegjioarjir

Dunno why I did that, but yeah. Leveling go either Ele or Enhance. Resto is no bueno unless you plan on doing random dungeons. ele or enhance, both are good. It only depends on whether you want to be melee or a caster.

PvP leveling isn't viable either. The queues are between 5 minutes to an hour (srsly), but I averaged 15-20 minute queues.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest
    As I see enha is getting more popular, do you think that going with:
    1h heirloom mace in Main Hand (http://www.wowhead.com/item=48716)
    1,8 Speed Dagger in off hand(http://www.wowhead.com/item=42944)
    is any viable at all? I mean is difference between that set and 2x1h Heirloom mace that big?

Thanks in advance!
    You don't want the fast offhand, you want slow offhand. You don't want your off-hand to proc WF cause the damage is low. Get 2x Mass of Mcgowen or whatever the slow 1 hand mace and have at it.

10+ Year Old Account

Elolmental gets REALLY fun once you get Thunderstorm and Lava Burst.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by classicnguyen
    As a lvl 70 Enhancement, I seem to run out of mana almost ever pull. Yeah you have Shamanmistic Rage but its a cd of 1 minute and killing a mob takes about 20 secounds so your either drinking or just wacking something as mana slowly regens. Never tried leveling in Elemental at this level, but I do have a resto offspect with BoE on both specs so yeah.
    Then you're doing something wrong. Honestly, once I got shamanistic rage I never had to stop for mana, by the time I was low the CD was up and it was enough to get most or all of it back. Before that I just used water shield when I needed mana. 20 seconds to kill a mob is not anywhere near what you should be doing. Should be more like before/around the time SS comes off cooldown from its first hit, unless you are grinding stuff massively above your level.

And for the Mace/dagger vs Mace/mace questions, Mace/mace IS better, but most of the time you wont notice any difference. I tried both (just because I had the dagger anyway) and the speed stuff dies is not very different. On longer fights you will notice an increase. If you dont have 2 maces, but have 1 and a dagger, and cant be bothered to gring the emblems for another, you may as well use the dagger. The dps on it is higher than most drops you will find levelling unless you run dungeons a lot and get lucky.

As most people have said, go up to 40 as ele no matter which spec you intend to go as eventually. All the good enhance stuff is 40+ and you are much more survivable. Past 40 its whether you want to be melee or caster really. I tried enh at 40 and loved it so much its my main spec now, with resto as an off-spec. You get more gear cross over between resto and ele, so that can be helpful, but having 2 totally different sets of gear has never bothered me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.