Thread: TukUI question.

TukUI question.

This UI is real clean and I want it, but I don't have the correct resolution to have it as an add on.

I did download it and attempt to make it work, but each time I used the UI Scale in game to make it fit my screen, I would log off then log back in and everything would be reset and a message pops up telling me I don't have the right resolution for the add on.

I tried to mess around in the LUA but I couldn't figure out why it kept resting it.

Anyway. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this fit a small resolution say the size of 1024x768 without it resetting each time you log off? Or is there another good UI out there like TukUI that works at my resolution?

P.S I don't like spartan UI.

Re: TukUI question.

Not to be a dick but, who runs 4:3 monitors these days? Come out of the nineties bro and go widescreen. Best upgrade you can make for your PC.

yes... u do the config without failing =)

I play on a laptop, so i got like 1366 * 768. so just make sure u got the right package and its awsome..... i did not have to do any lua-hacking to get it working on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Netram
    Not to be a dick but, who runs 4:3 monitors these days? Come out of the nineties bro and go widescreen. Best upgrade you can make for your PC.
    Because at the moment, I don't have lots of money to buy a widescreen monitor. Unless you know of a legit place that sells them 100 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by mikabob
    yes... u do the config without failing =)

I play on a laptop, so i got like 1366 * 768. so just make sure u got the right package and its awsome..... i did not have to do any lua-hacking to get it working on my part.
    What do you mean the right package?

Probably better to ask questions about TukUI on their forums.

http://www.tukui.org/home/

Ironically you are being exactly that.
    Not everyone has the budget to replace a monitor, and they simply asked for advice on the UI, not your opinion on their choice (if they even had one) on the hardware being used.

As an answer to the original question, try to figure out what you want from the UI, if role specific, and whether it is minimalist or more like me and a bit information or pretty graphics overload.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100
    What do you mean the right package?
    havent wowed in a while... but it used to be one lowrez-installer, and one highrez-installer...

i needed to use the highrez for my standard pc... and the lowrez on my laptop.

i think tho that its one and the same now, not sure tho..

but, hit the tukui-site and check the forums

In the Tukui folder, go to config, then open the config.lua file.

The very top lines there are what you need to edit.

If you know the number of your ui scale i.e 0.72, just replace whatever it says there with that number I have mine set to 0.64 as default.

These are my top 4 lines and I play on a 19 inch that doesn't quite support the high res version of tukui:

TukuiDB["general"] = {
    ["autoscale"] = true, -- mainly enabled for users that don't want to mess with the config file
    ["uiscale"] = 0.64, -- set your value (between 0.64 and 1) of your uiscale if autoscale is off
    ["overridelowtohigh"] = true, -- EXPERIMENTAL ONLY! override lower version to higher version on a lower reso.
    ["multisampleprotect"] = true, -- i don't recommend this because of shitty border but, voila!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I had good laugh at this topic.I didnt read letter "U" so i read TukI.On my language,thats a bad word for penis xD

Well I do programming work and like the extra vertical room on my dual 1600x1200 monitors... how about no.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan
    In the Tukui folder, go to config, then open the config.lua file.

The very top lines there are what you need to edit.

If you know the number of your ui scale i.e 0.72, just replace whatever it says there with that number I have mine set to 0.64 as default.

These are my top 4 lines and I play on a 19 inch that doesn't quite support the high res version of tukui:

TukuiDB["general"] = {
    ["autoscale"] = true, -- mainly enabled for users that don't want to mess with the config file
    ["uiscale"] = 0.64, -- set your value (between 0.64 and 1) of your uiscale if autoscale is off
    ["overridelowtohigh"] = true, -- EXPERIMENTAL ONLY! override lower version to higher version on a lower reso.
    ["multisampleprotect"] = true, -- i don't recommend this because of shitty border but, voila!

I did all that.

And I can get the high res to fit my screen by using the in game UI scale. My problem is, each time I reload the UI or log off and log back in I get this message

"TukUI does not support your resolution, do you want to turn off this add on or try another resolution" It also resets everything I changed on the UI. How do I turn that crap off?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Try setting autoscale to false.

Autoscale is set on false.

I even removed that line and it still gives me that silly message. lol

I made a post on their forums, but they have yet to answer me and I made it yesterday. I have more luck here lol.

Deleted

Go to your TukUI folder, Scripts folder and open up core.lua.
    On line 6 you will see this code:
    Code:
    ffunction GetTukuiVersion()
    	-- the tukui high reso whitelist
    	if not (resolution == "1680x945"
    		or resolution == "2560x1440" 
    		or resolution == "1680x1050" 
    		or resolution == "1920x1080" 
    		or resolution == "1920x1200" 
    		or resolution == "1600x900" 
    		or resolution == "2048x1152" 
    		or resolution == "1776x1000" 
    		or resolution == "2560x1600" 
    		or resolution == "1600x1200") then
    			if TukuiDB["general"].overridelowtohigh == true then
    				TukuiDB["general"].autoscale = false
    				TukuiDB.lowversion = false
    			else
    				TukuiDB.lowversion = true
    			end			
    	end
    Add your resolution so it will look like this:
    Code:
    function GetTukuiVersion()
    	-- the tukui high reso whitelist
    	if not (resolution == "1680x945"
            or resolution == "1024x768"
    		or resolution == "2560x1440" 
    		or resolution == "1680x1050"
    I think you get the point. I did something similar to this with v9 and it worked for me.

10+ Year Old Account

There are 2 different UIs, (one low res and one high res) have you downloaded the right one?

I went to the main website of TuKUI and went to their download page; I downloaded the top one.

I'm not sure which is which because it gives no description.

To Arethea: I did what you posted, it still shows the stupid message and it resets everything if I log out and log back in.