What am I doing wrong?

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1662608

There's a link to our LK attempts and finally our kill the other day.

Here's my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...2&cn=Fumitsuki

now for the life of me i can't figure out how I'm pulling on average 1-2K less dps than the other ret paladin in raid.

I do FCFS rotation with priority to Divines storm, Crusader Strike and Judge in that order.

The only thing that I know that i dont do that the other paladin does is use haste pots, I'm bad with remembering to use them, but even still that doesn't account for that much.

Re: What am I doing wrong?

isnt the fcfs judge ds cs?

well I was under the impression that with the 2pc T10 DS has highest priority and CS > Judge.

All of his extra damage he has on you is from Consecration. When are you using it and maybe he's using it on the adds to stack damage?

You

(+) Consecration(R8) 132,305 136 2.2%

Him

(+) Consecration(R8) 510,445 548 8.0%

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...#ixzz0mT9h6WjE

that could be it since i hold on using consecrate till the 3rd set of adds pop so that i don't pull them from the OT.

The adds aren't really too painful to be tanked by you even if you do pull them away from the tank. On our H LK 25 attempts our fury warrior and three rets generally are tanking all of them while cleaving like mad. Just pop holy wrath before infest goes out so healers can get you back up to full more easily. Go all out, hand of salvation is your friend!

And yeah, rotation as mentioned. Never delay judgement, nothing hits harder!

From what I see in the logs both of you are pretty close
    In attempt 1 you did more damage !_!
    In attempt 2 you had the same dps, but it looks like you died
    In your kill attempt you did more damage to the Valkyrs and less on the boss => could be the other ret wasn't doing the Valkyr's properly or you being picked up by a valkyr.
    So seeing from the logs you linked noone can tell if the two of you are even different.

Quote Originally Posted by Venters
    that could be it since i hold on using consecrate till the 3rd set of adds pop so that i don't pull them from the OT.
    You should know that consecration damage is rarely the reason to pull aggro, because it takes several seconds for it's damage to even reach a decent value. If you're pulling off adds it's usually due to a big DS crit.

Typical reason for some people to do more dps on Lich King is they whore dps by trying to max it, running back to adds and throwing AoE spells or abilities ect ect.
    People tend to focus on making themselves look better (dishing out extrodinary dps) while in reality on a boss like Lich King, that usually means that you are not doing your job properly.
    In which case you ultimately are worse for the raid than if you just knew how to keep it in your pants, and not boost your epeen with numbers.
    I've seen it countless times, people doing most dps are if not usually then often (on an encounter that gives you the means, but not the reason, like Lich King) are not doing their jobs, and being so epeen focused that they don't care about how the raid does, compared to their individual success.
    This could include not changing to Valkyrs when they spawn, hitting ghouls to max dps and probably many more.
    If this is the case, ultimately you are better off doing those 1-2k less dps, while doing your job, rather than topping meters.

As Nillo stated, you were looking on an average rather close, but it's hard to judge from only that.

Consecrate doesn't do a lot of instant damage, such as Death and Decay, it is hardly enough to pull aggro, but holding back a little just when ghouls spawn are probably not a bad idea.

You ask what you are doing wrong, judging by these logs (which isn't much at all) it could easily just be down to RNG (who get grapped by Valkys ect). You are ahead on the first attempt, can't be doing anything that wrong compared to your fellow retributuion paladin.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa