[ENH] Gear/exp question

Hello, I'm enh and i'm a bit unsure about the exp as an orc.
    At the moment i'm useing Black bruise (normal) and the axe of gun ship (10 man normal)
    Now yesterday i won Gutbuster heroic, but since i'm an orc i'm capped on exp with fist/axe but not with fist/mace.
    Should i gem to get capped on offhand also or just leave it?
    And I also won a tier 10.5 toke and i don't know what to use it on ( shoulders or chest)
    I would link my armory but i logged off in resto gear (doh)
    I know most of you going to say sim it and stuff
    but I fail at running it and i'm at school so can't do it anyway

Ps. as soon if i can i'm going to link my armory in my enh gear.

Thanks for the help

Have a nice day
    /Silvdust

Deleted

Re: [ENH] Gear/exp question

First of - you are not expertise capped with your main hand - only the offhand with the axe.
    Second, i am pretty sure its worth more to keep the Axe even though there is ARP on it. The 5 expertise is worth alot if you are not capped without it.

But to be sure - you can just sim it? It takes 10 mins - which imo is faster than making a topic and waiting for replies which might even be false.

Quote Originally Posted by Impurity
    First of - you are not expertise capped with your main hand - only the offhand with the axe.
    Second, i am pretty sure its worth more to keep the Axe even though there is ARP on it. The 5 expertise is worth alot if you are not capped without it.

But to be sure - you can just sim it? It takes 10 mins - which imo is faster than making a topic and waiting for replies which might even be false.
    The orc racial applies to axes and fist weapons

Pretty hard to say but without simming it myself I'm gonna guess that the extra dps, and the fact that Gutbuster has good stats on it, will provide a dps increase. Also you should probably gem for that extra expertise because that's half of your stormstrike and lava lash that will mainly be effected by not being expertise capped.

basically it comes down to

orc racial vs. weapon dps minus gem stats you lost for switching to more expertise

it's not hard at all to use rwar, you load your toon from the armory, switch the weapons out and switch the gems, it tells you your dps at the bottom left to see if you gained or lost

if you can do icc hardmodes you can use rwar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvdust
    And I also won a tier 10.5 toke and i don't know what to use it on ( shoulders or chest)
    Green 10shoulders look awful.. Blue 10,5 shoulders looks awesome!!!
    "You're trying so hard you surpassed the title of Troll."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Does Blizz think before releasing a new zone? This place should be a sanctuary, we are supposed to be fighting Ragnaros and helping the Guardians of Hyjal."
    haha.. HAHA.. HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAOMFGHAHA!!!!
    If I ever get a little bit tired after hours of farming alliance rats in world pvp, I just read that sentence, and I'm good to go for another few hours

It is usually the case that you do not need to gem/gear for more expertise to cap your offhand only.

That being said, you need to use Rawr/EnhSim to figure out if it is actually an upgrade (which I am betting it is) and if you should gem for the extra expertise.

The dodge reduction cap is generally acknowledged to be 6.5% or 214 expertise rating (26 expertise) against mobs 3 levels higher.

The orc talent applies to both axes and fist weapons so if you have those equipped then thats +5 Exp for each hand. Unleashed rage gives you +9. So you have 14 Exp there and only need 12 more (about 100 rating) to cap it out.

You can achieve this however you wish. No top end gear for enhance has Exp ( from ICC) so that leaves you pretty much the option to gem. Hopefully you are a JC and itll only take 3 gems to do it or get to 25 or so. If not your option is mostly 5 epic gems and that will get you set.

This is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lbane&cn=Ideon
    so if anyone could sim it for me that would be awsome

Ps other gear advise is always welcome

This is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lbane&cn=Ideon
    so if anyone could sim it for me that would be awsome

Ps other gear advise is always welcome
    Hi here's my character. Could you tell me how to gear and play it since I'm too lazy?

rwar dps from armory: 9750.26
    rwar dps with heroic gutbuster +1 20 exp gem in it and replacing your +hit/exp gem in your bracers with +20 exp: 9791.49

I picked your bracers because you're getting hit from the weapon so you didn't need to be gemming hit. it's about a 40 dps increase. your at 25 expertise in your offhand and taking any any haste gems to get that 10 more exp is about a 5-10 dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    Hi here's my character. Could you tell me how to gear and play it since I'm too lazy?
    ye thanks for the trolling
    i Know how to gear
    but things like my braces i just missed and thats what i was on about
    how to play?
    did i ask anything about priororty list? No
    So if you don't got anything to say related to the question please dont troll
    <Moderator edit: He WASN'T trolling. YOU were the one in the wrong. He simply pointed out you were specifically violating forum rules with a "I'm far to lazy to work out my gear myself" post. That said he should leave moderating to the moderators.>

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A

I picked your bracers because you're getting hit from the weapon so you didn't need to be gemming hit. it's about a 40 dps increase. your at 25 expertise in your offhand and taking any any haste gems to get that 10 more exp is about a 5-10 dps loss.
    Cheers for pointing at my braces didnt think off that

I'm going to troll too.

There is this thing at the top of the page that's stickied that's called the FAQ. Why don't you do some research so you know what the expertise cap is, and use the sim to figure out if a certain weapon is better than the other, instead of just making a post without doing either.

ye thanks for the trolling
    i Know how to gear
    but things like my braces i just missed and thats what i was on about
    how to play?
    did i ask anything about priororty list? No
    So if you don't got anything to say related to the question please dont trollCheers for pointing at my braces didnt think off that
    I agree with him. Most people asking are new players who don't realize there are tools out there like rawr and enhsim. You do, and are asking someone else to use them for you. What is preventing you from doing it yourself?

I don't know why it's so common for people to ask for help and then go on the offensive, but it happens a hell of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    I agree with him. Most people asking are new players who don't realize there are tools out there like rawr and enhsim. You do, and are asking someone else to use them for you. What is preventing you from doing it yourself?

I don't know why it's so common for people to ask for help and then go on the offensive, but it happens a hell of a lot.
    Its because i'm at school i can't instal anything so i cant dowload rarw or sim
    and 2nd my english aint that good , i tried to read the how to sim post and do it my self but i failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdawg
    There is this thing at the top of the page that's stickied that's called the FAQ.
    If you can show me where in the post the exp cap for orc with 1 fist/axe and 1 mace stands , ill be happy to excuse my self, but i've read it over and over again and I don't see anything about that. I know the cap is 26, I'm just asking if its worth also getting the cap for the OH

Deleted

Its because i'm at school i can't instal anything so i cant dowload rarw or sim
    and 2nd my english aint that good , i tried to read the how to sim post and do it my self but i failed.If you can show me where in the post the exp cap for orc with 1 fist/axe and 1 mace stands , ill be happy to excuse my self, but i've read it over and over again and I don't see anything about that. I know the cap is 26, I'm just asking if its worth also getting the cap for the OH
    You don't need to install anything to run Rawr simply visit http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php it runs in your browser.