Deleted

an unlucky afternoon on my DK...

so i wanted to get some heroics done with my DK wednesday afternoon, so i could get my 4T9.

first heroic was HoS. it goes rather well, until we get to the first boss. we just do the event boss, and after 1 minute or so, the hunter goes AFK. healer thinks he can sleep through the boss, stands in the fire and dies. we wipe and group disbands...

second heroic was HoL. setup: warrior tank, holy priest with 5.5K GS, moonkin, me and random DPS. we clear trash, but on the back platform, the boss adds. random DPS dies immediately, i thought i should pop army to control the mobs a bit, but due to a stroke of bad luck, the boss gets moved next to the healer (who has the dmg on move effect on him), right during a whirlwind. healer dies, releases and runs back, in the end we get the boss down without wiping. Barely.

then we go through the gauntlet. druid decides he should pop starfall. he pulls aggro of not 1, but 2 packs, dies immediately and aggro goes to the healer. healer bites the dust a second time, thinks it's too much and leaves party. rest of us runs back to the entrance. tank dies just before making it and leaves party as well. i barely get out. group disbands again...

i'm getting pretty pissed now, i queue again, another 10 minutes later, i join a new group for UK hc. we easily kill the first room, we get to the dragons. tank decides to skip one of those dragons at the left side. i can't really recall the next part, but we ended up pulling 3 packs at once and we die again. luckily, we don't disband. however, a few moments later, the tank DC's and drops party. then we get a replacement tank (friend from someone) and we get further. we get to the first stairs, tank decides to skip a pack. we end up pulling that pack when the geists attack us. healer bites the dust, mage follows soon after, tank manages to survive until a few mobs are left alive, tank dies, but i and the hunter manage to kill them.

rest of the run is fairly uneventfull. in the end, we down the boss.

so i had to do 3 instances to get my 2 frost and 4 triumph. i don't think i will get on my DK again soon...

anyone else had anything similar?

Re: an unlucky afternoon on my DK...

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    so i wanted to get some heroics done with my DK wednesday afternoon, so i could get my 4T9.

first heroic was HoS. it goes rather well, until we get to the first boss. we just do the event boss, and after 1 minute or so, the hunter goes AFK. healer thinks he can sleep through the boss, stands in the fire and dies. we wipe and group disbands...

second heroic was HoL. setup: warrior tank, holy priest with 5.5K GS, moonkin, me and random DPS. we clear trash, but on the back platform, the boss adds. random DPS dies immediately, i thought i should pop army to control the mobs a bit, but due to a stroke of bad luck, the boss gets moved next to the healer (who has the dmg on move effect on him), right during a whirlwind. healer dies, releases and runs back, in the end we get the boss down without wiping. Barely.

then we go through the gauntlet. druid decides he should pop starfall. he pulls aggro of not 1, but 2 packs, dies immediately and aggro goes to the healer. healer bites the dust a second time, thinks it's too much and leaves party. rest of us runs back to the entrance. tank dies just before making it and leaves party as well. i barely get out. group disbands again...

i'm getting pretty pissed now, i queue again, another 10 minutes later, i join a new group for UK hc. we easily kill the first room, we get to the dragons. tank decides to skip one of those dragons at the left side. i can't really recall the next part, but we ended up pulling 3 packs at once and we die again. luckily, we don't disband. however, a few moments later, the tank DC's and drops party. then we get a replacement tank (friend from someone) and we get further. we get to the first stairs, tank decides to skip a pack. we end up pulling that pack when the geists attack us. healer bites the dust, mage follows soon after, tank manages to survive until a few mobs are left alive, tank dies, but i and the hunter manage to kill them.

rest of the run is fairly uneventfull. in the end, we down the boss.

so i had to do 3 instances to get my 2 frost and 4 triumph. i don't think i will get on my DK again soon...

anyone else had anything similar?
    I see this happening everyday . That's why I always bring Lesser Invisibility potions on my lock .

There is no such thing as random. On my main I have been outrolled on every piece of gear I have ever wanted. usually rolling under 12 when it really mattered most.(pug or guild free roll) Or when I bid DKP on a crucial upgrade I am outbid by some old time member who surfaces just for this raid and who then proceeds to grab it for his offspec then gquits 2 days later .Or what usually happenes is I'll get HoS 3 times in a row when farming on my alts. Or I'll get HoR/Occ when what I really wanted was a quick jaunt through DTK/FoS. It's not that I think every heroic should be done in under 30min. It's that if you wipe in a long instance, you are not only losing badges but you are losing time. Time you could have spent in another dungeon with another group. And you will wipe because there are so many bads. The LFGT is pure evil.

But if you're looking for a story here it is.

After waiting 5-6 minutes(surprisingly short wait for DPS) the randomly generated group is ready. I myself have a 5.9GS on this toon. The other members of the party actually outgear me and are from guilds I have hear of on other servers that i know only take skilled players. Everyone is in shiny t10 or equivalent with proper enchants, gems and stat prioritization.

Except the tank. I didn't even mouse over the tank because of the other players gearscore. But we were given HoL, which in all fairness is pretty well balanced in replayability duration and badge rewards. We engage the first 2 mobs-I hold off on dps waiting for DnD to drop before I unleash. Something is immediately wrong. Fighting two elite mobs, with no DnD, I notice the Tanks life bar jumping from 20k to 2k to 500, big druid heal goes off. The tank is now at 10k, a mob dies, the tank dies the mob charges towards me but my last spell goes off and the mob drops at my feet.

Hmm...

We rez the tank I have but a moment to inspect him. This gentlemen to que up for a dungeon in qquesting blues and greens. He has not one single piece of Defense gear. He also has 4 slots that have no stamina on them. I know GS does not equal skill. But you have to have the right kind of gear at least. And he did not. he had less health than a clothy and the same ability to be crit and he generated slightly more threat than I did.

The kicker is that as soona s he got rezzed he ran into the next set of mobs with no heals or buffs. I whis the druid. I said in cruise control "OVERHEAL THIS FUCK DOTN STOP EVEN IF I PULL THREAT" We then proceeded to blow our cooldowns and burn-tank these mobs so that the DK wouldn't have to bear that cross. We then started to form a very coersive and subtle group mentality. We convinced the tank to wait for general BJ to pat back so we could fight him and get the acheivement, which he oddly agreed to. Then without having to say anything as soon as the dungeon cooldown expired all 4 party members rushed to activate the Vote-Kick feature on the aforementioned DK.

This was the one and only time I have ever had to kick a tank while using the LFGT.

We all sat back and chilled talking about AVR while we hoped and prayed for a new tank, one with at least 30k health and 500 def rating.

TL&DR:6kgs Party gets Paired with crittable 2.6kgs DK tank.

The reason the LFD tool is grouping you with bads is that the goods either group as together or don't do daily dungeons anymore as they don't need triumph badges and the amount of grief the average pick up group is not worth the 2 frost badges.

My advice is do them after your raid or at least as late as possible at night.

15+ Year Old Account

Please feel free to post in the worst dungeon experiences thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...-dungeon-tool/

(Or, for positive ones, there's always the positive pug experiences thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...-smile-lately/ )