Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Should blizz add in more events?

Well.. I would love to see some sort of racing-event, goblins are going to join horde, gnomes can also make those things.

With some different race-carts. Limited Resources (Fuel) and with some spells to make it more fun. And the fuel doesn't increase, so you have to be care full not to smash all spells at once..

Go-Go-Gadget Rollerskates: Increase speed up to 50% for 3 seconds (40 Fuel) etc.
    Looks out: Slow down the other race-car for 2 seconds, but you get a debuff that your fuel is leaking (2 Fuel per second).

or something.

With different modes, drag-race, circuit etc.
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by stillboredatwork
    They should add a memorial day to mark the death of the lichking, and continue on each year.
    The Lich King didn't die, Arthas did. There mus always be a Lich King.

Deleted

I'd love to see "pre-patch" events..
    As I leveled my DK, i finished the Storm Peaks quest chain, leading to Loken capturing Thorim and its mount, to take them to Ulduar. The day after that, Ulduar was released, and it felt a little more like I helped to "see the danger there" than it was on my main who had ended this quest chain long ago and probably just forgot about this whole thing while melting faces in Naxx for the past few months...

tl;dr : Patch intro cinematics are awesome, but let the players have some sort of "(re)fresh(ed) connexion" to the new content by giving them events a week before the patch hits live realms..

I want random NPC enemy invasions at cities.

Examples:
    Black dragons attacks IronForge
    Alliance forces (NPC) attacks Orgrimmar
    Horde forces attacks Stormwind City
    Fire elementals attacks Thunder Bluff
    Demons invades Silvermoon or Exodar

That kind of events. Totally random. at least once each two weeks. Lasts one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror
    I want random NPC enemy invasions at cities.

Examples:
    Black dragons attacks IronForge
    Alliance forces (NPC) attacks Orgrimmar
    Horde forces attacks Stormwind City
    Fire elementals attacks Thunder Bluff
    Demons invades Silvermoon or Exodar

That kind of events. Totally random. at least once each two weeks. Lasts one day.
    I can agree with this but their has to be sumthing for the lowbies like the 20s and up or even lower in the citys. Maybe the npcs that cone in have levels and you can only attack those within a 5 level radius so an 85 Mage can't blizzard all the lowbie npcs that come in along with the 80-85 ones. Bit it's a great idea none the less.

15+ Year Old Account

yes! oh god yes i hate these silly stupid events like noblegarden or children's week blizzard should create some serious events not some crappy childish events that gets boring after day 1.

10+ Year Old Account

I like the idea of more events(not holidays with meta achievements) but if I may use Day of the Dead and Pirates' Day as examples, the massive amount of crying from those who cannot attend would put off any developer. Because Day of the Dead wasn't a week long event, didn't give a permanent pet/food recipes, and so on, there was a torrent of tears from achievement/pet collectors.

If any events were added I'd hope they have zero achievements attached, and would be for pure fun/sport, however little of that seems to be left according to what I have been reading. I also would like to see random events now and then, creatures attacking here and there. Instead of just standing around in Durotar, have the quillboar attack outposts or even Orgrimmar en masse, where they focus on the auctioneers and bankers just to get people involved in actively repelling them.

whoa just saw the zombie event i didnt play the first few days of WOTLK i was on vaca in greece. its pure sex wtb moar of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    I think in Cataclysm they should have more world bosses... but!

Instead of only one raid group getting loot, they have it so this boss doesn't give loot, but some of those new pve points or w/e and whoever participates in the fight gets some points.

I think a cool fight would be that some idk, LAVOS type creature spawns somewhere in the world and you can't kill him, but you have to fight him off.

Now in order for it to not turn into a giant gank fest between Horde and Alliance, the area around the boss, maybe about 200 yards or something, turns into a semi-sanctuary zone, except that you can heal the other faction and all work together to stop this crazy, truly epic world boss.
    Peacecraft...

gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by gankhed
    Peacecraft...

gtfo
    i dont think u understand his reasoning behind this. the reason we dont see world bosses anymore is because one it was a gankvill for gank guilds. trust me i know of alot on my server. and that is the reason blizz got rid of the idea for world bosses just because only one group could do it at a time. so no not peacecraft more like wtb world bosses please even if it means changing the meaning of it. lets face it ICC has become boring. and dont even start the have you done 25 heroic. not every guild is meant to so that statement shuldnt even be thought of.

new idea! you know how there is the fishing events on sunday and saturday. welll there could be some sort of hunt the critter that drops a peice of whatever. hunters wouldnt dominate cuz track beasts wouldnt work on this particular critter. and no it wont be as small as a rat itll be deerish size. the way to track it is by solving a riddle as step one. step 2 is digging in the sand from riddle 1s hint. riddle 2 comes from the dug up bottle. this leads to riddle three that requres you to scale the right tree open the right coconut and get riddle 3. riddle 3 leads to riddle 4 which is a map to the general area of the critter. u kill the critter and it loots you the last riddle you solve this one and it leads you to the grats he won this new stuffs NPC. the zone could change everyweek and the critter/npc is alwas diff to stop repetivness so more than likley all the zones could be put into use. the only downside is that since its all over its not that lowbie friendly.