Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Its the dps's turn

Ok so we've all seen the "I'm the tank I'm god" topics. So this one is for all the dps to complain about tanks. I'll start. The tanks that think they can pull half the instance and then can't hold aggro on any of the mobs.

Re: Its the dps's turn

There was this one tank in some bad heroic who asked the group if we wanted to chain pull

we all said ok

He then proceeded to not chain pull anything so I started pulling things and tanking them enhancement style

he got pissed and left because I was a better tank than he was

I wish you could put GS requirements on tanks for RDF groups

If you are a competent player you will find and play with other competent players. If you don't think having competent dps, as well as tanks and healers, is important, then you've never done a difficult raid encounter.

There's really nothing more to say.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    HAHAHAHAHA isn't that shitty addon making the game bad enough already?

When dps become a precious, difficult to obtain commodity, then you can have your day.

Until then, you're replacable at any level of content, in any given situation. You should probably understand as much.

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    2nd post and already this...

i'm complaining about a prot pally with holy 2nd spec rolling on tyrannical beheader, while i was in there with my warrior still having ilvl 200 blue weapons

10+ Year Old Account

- tanks who constantly use the ready check and ask "rdy?"

- tanks who do large chain pulls in low level dungeons then yell at the healer for not keeping him up.

- tanks that can't keep aggro when the tank is attacking the mob. I've ran with tanks with a 4.5k GS keep aggro while i'm doing like 8-9k dps on a boss. Yet, some tanks I can't do a whole rotation on a mob without over aggro'ing, even after allowing 3-5 seconds for him to get aggro.

- tanks who can't wait for the group to catch up. I've seen several times a tank would run ahead getting out of range and line-of-sighting the healer causing a wipe. When the group is lagging behind after buffing or looting mobs.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    When dps become a precious, difficult to obtain commodity, then you can have your day.
    Dps who are actually good are, but the same could be said for all roles.

Until then, you're replacable at any level of content, in any given situation. You should probably understand as much.
    /2 LF DPS H-BQL
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I am a prot pally OS, i only tank for my guild so i am here speaking as a DPS.

As a dps in ANY group it is your job to kill the mobs the tank is holding. Your job includes making sure that:

1. You assist the tank, meaning attack the mob they have targeted.
    2. Watch your threat, with the gear dps can get now it is easy to out aggro a tank in heroics, and its not the tanks fault if you do.

Part of the role of dps is to not pull aggro, in accordance with the tank holding aggro.

Dont be an ass because you feel justified dude to the QQ of some tanks about people like yourself.

You are EXACTLY the kind of person that has nothing to offer a group of any kind regardless of your personal skill level.

How bout the tank that brings a pocket healer to an instance, they both need on everything that drops (cloth, mail, dps trinket), but since one of the dps is completely ambivalent and doesn't care you can't kick him because the 3rd dps just won't accept the vote kick. Then at the end of the instance after me not having said not a single word the tank tells everyone that they are a bunch of douches and drops group. That guy is certainly a precious commodity.

There is already gear requirements on dungeons when using the RDF...

I just dinged 80 on my rogue, and it wont even let me queue for HTOC...
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    /2 LF DPS H-BQL
    Even bad dps and a 15% buff + the bite can make it on the enrage as long as the tank holds at the beginning and the healers keep up with the raid heals.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

People who use offspecs to skip Q length with no idea what they're doing.

If you're a tank and don't know to put righteous fury on, don't Q as a tank. Also don't freak out and emo rage about dps aggroing after being told to put it on twice.

Yes it is possible for a Warrior to tank more then 1 mob at once, and it does not require ICC gear to do it.

Yes DKs don't have shields we do not need to hear you talk about it and why you're taking more damage then other tanks after every pull. No one has asked or said anything about it.

Yes Druid I'd like to pet your fur.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    I am a prot pally OS, i only tank for my guild so i am here speaking as a DPS.

As a dps in ANY group it is your job to kill the mobs the tank is holding. Your job includes making sure that:

1. You assist the tank, meaning attack the mob they have targeted.
    2. Watch your threat, with the gear dps can get now it is easy to out aggro a tank in heroics, and its not the tanks fault if you do.

Part of the role of dps is to not pull aggro, in accordance with the tank holding aggro.

Dont be an ass because you feel justified dude to the QQ of some tanks about people like yourself.

You are EXACTLY the kind of person that has nothing to offer a group of any kind regardless of your personal skill level.
    Well said, a few nights ago I did a random heroic and some stupid shadow priest was complaining how he was better than us cause he outgeared us and how terrible we where, and how the tank couldn't hold aggro from his dps. These where people that had just hit 80 except for him in T9 and some ICC 10 man stuff.

Very good players are irreplacable. There are a lot of DPS out there. 95% of them can't hold a candle to me, however. I am a precious commodity.

Tanks who get a little too full of themselves are annoying, yes. I tanked through vanilla and TBC. It was harder back then- or, at least, more frustrating- but even then I only acted as though I was a god who deserved constant worship among my own guildies. And that had little to do with role, and more to do with hubris.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by treepwood728
    Well said, a few nights ago I did a random heroic and some stupid shadow priest was complaining how he was better than us cause he outgeared us and how terrible we where, and how the tank couldn't hold aggro from his dps. These where people that had just hit 80 except for him in T9 and some ICC 10 man stuff.
    And most of the people with T9 / ICC can't dps to save their lives. I came accross two players in full 232 barely breaking 2k dps...... and they were slagging me off for havnig less then 30k hp (in H:Pinnacle).

Idiots will be idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Even bad dps and a 15% buff + the bite can make it on the enrage as long as the tank holds at the beginning and the healers keep up with the raid heals.
    You're not beating enrage if the majority of your raid isn't doing 10k+ dps before bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    Very good players are irreplacable. There are a lot of DPS out there. 95% of them can't hold a candle to me, however. I am a precious commodity.

Tanks who get a little too full of themselves are annoying, yes. I tanked through vanilla and TBC. It was harder back then- or, at least, more frustrating- but even then I only acted as though I was a god who deserved constant worship among my own guildies. And that had little to do with role, and more to do with hubris.
    You are not a precious commodity. Doesnt matter how good your dps is, how good your raid utility is, how well you know the RL... You can be replaced and as a dps you are not a precious commodity.

You know how to play your role, and you deserve to be commended on that. but quite frankly this single post shows that you are the LAST person that should be talking about people being "a little too full" of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    And most of the people with T9 / ICC can't dps to save their lives. I came accross two players in full 232 barely breaking 2k dps...... and they were slagging me off for havnig less then 30k hp (in H:Pinnacle).

Idiots will be idiots.
    This, lots of bad players think they are something special just because they farmed badges for 232 t9. The fact of the matter is that noone who isn't clearing most of the hard modes has any place acting like they are anything special, especially now that the 15% buff is availiable, but bad players will never accept this.